Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEMS AFTER PATCH/ GENERATIONS? CRASH/ LAUNCHER ISSUES? - LOOK & SHARE HERE!

Fellow Mac users i though we should try to collect all the different issues in one tread. I hope you will help me do this. - This way we can easier learn from each other. And hopefully EA will look at the issues while working on new patches.

I am inspired by Crinrict and her Bug tread, but i hope we can make this our collective help tread, where we continue to help out each other like we have so far. I am not very technical, so i dont have all the answers and Im not going to reply to everything either, i simply though we should have one tread with all the Mac issues.

Patch - Launcher issues

I just had a chat with EA support and I was told that they are working on new patches all the time, so fare so good, but he could not tell me when it would be out.

He did give me the last link, i have not tried it yet, so im not sure its newer than the one SimGuruBrent provided us last time we saw a guru around, but i will post the links, and let you know when i tried it, if it makes a difference.

"For any Updating issues or errors that you get..

The Mac issue can be easily remedied by manually downloading and installing the respective patches here:"

o US Base Game DVD Version:
[url] http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011001.tgz [/url]

o Europe Base Game DVD Version:
[url] http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011002.tgz [/url]

o Digital Download Base Game Version:
http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011017.tgz

I learned from the first manual patch thats its very important that you choose the right game (Base game) in your sims 3 folder when you apply it. Otherwise you will get a notification saying you should reinstall you game. - Dont reinstall, just select the Base game folder in the sims 3 folder.

The first patch provided from SimGuruBrent can be found in this tread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380002.page

Game crash issues

A lot of us are experiencing game crash while playing, a lot of different solutions are being suggested in this tread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379332.page

I also had this issue, but the last two times i played, i removed all my cache files before playing, and it did not crash. I still have memory notifications on. It did not crash creating a manual memory or in game options, as it did the first two times i played, without moving my cache files first.

Delete this files from you sims 3 folder:

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

Try it, and please post if it works or not for you.

Promplems downloading from the store

Some are having problems downloading items from the store. I suggest you use Firefox instead of Safari, when you use the store, - or sometimes the forum as well. If you go in to your settings, you can change the preferred game to default choose you last game EP/SP.

I'v been asked how to do this, but my settings are in Danish, so im not sure what the right translation is, i will try to explain, but if anyone can do it better, please do.
Thanks to libby0 we now have the right english terms:

Try this:

Open firefox
-firefox
-preferences
-Applications
Then scroll down to Sims3 and select Use The Sims3 + latest game XP or SP (default)

Finding you individual game patch numbers

When you have a PC you can just mouse over the game icons in your launcher to see the individual game patches, to check if they are the way they are suppose to, i asked support for a way to do it on a Mac:

"Locating The Game Version For The Sims 3 On MAC....follows... 1. Navigate over to the Sims 3 Install Folder (Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) 2. Once you are in the install folder you will need to go to /Game/Bin. 3. Inside the Bin folder there will be a file named "default.ini". 4. Right click on the file and select Open With > Text Edit. 5. "Game Version:" Will be located towards the bottom of the file."

Unsolved issues

I cant share memories, i cant write @ to enter my email the normal Mac way, i asked support, he just said they where working on it. Has anyone else been able to share a memory from a Mac?

- Thanks to Amiolia we now have a quick fix for this until a patch solves this issue, here is her suggestion:

"Here's an easy workaround that worked for me. Write an @ mark in another application (for example TextEdit), cut it and you'll be able to paste it inside the game. Use the remember my e-mail -option so you don't have to redo this everytime."

It seem like more Mac users now are having problems downloading from the Exchange. I have had this problem for a long time. I always get a notifications saying my game need to be updated, even when i look at my own uploads. - And when my game is up to date.
I Talked to support about a long time ago and again yesterday, they still dont have a fix for it.
Have anyone found a way to be able to it again?

Rules, please read before you post

I hope everyone will try to help each other out, but please dont just post "help" if you had not read the above or some of the other posts, where a solution can be suggested.

Your welcome to post your support chat, but please remove the name from the support person, or the tread might get deleted.

I dont think there are any more rules :) Lets make our games work! :D

Comments

• arlinelaurerarlinelaurer Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    Game crash issues

A lot of us are experiencing game crash while playing, a lot of different solutions are being suggested in this tread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379332.page

I also had this issue, but the last two times i played, i removed all my cache files before playing, and it did not crash. I still have memory notifications on. It did not crash creating a manual memory or in game options, as it did the first two times i played, without moving my cache files first.

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package

This did not work for me.
  • ecchi101ecchi101 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina wrote:

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package

This didn't work for me either. It just asked if i wished to install the update again..
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you both for the feed back.

@ arlinelaurer are you using any mods or 3. party CC? I dont have any in my game, maybe the reason is it need to be updated too?

@ ecchi101 when is it asking you to install the update again, when you open your launcher? Are you having launcher problems instead?
  • iTovaiTova Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It doesn't work to download anything. It just loads and loads and then stops, disappears and nothing happens.
  • AmioliaAmiolia Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    Unsolved issues

I cant share memories, i cant write @ to enter my email the normal Mac way, i asked support, he just said they where working on it. Has anyone else been able to share a memory from a Mac?

Here's an easy workaround that worked for me. Write an @ mark in another application (for example TextEdit), cut it and you'll be able to paste it inside the game. Use the remember my e-mail -option so you don't have to redo this everytime.
  • libby0libby0 Posts: 8
    edited June 2011

""Problems downloading from the store

Some are having problems downloading items from the store. I suggest you use Firefox instead of Safari, when you use the store, - or sometimes the forum as well. If you go in to your settings, you can change the preferred game to default choose you last game EP/SP.

I'v been asked how to do this, but my settings are in Danish, so im not sure what the right translation is, i will try to explain, but if anyone can do it better, please do.

Try this:
    Open Firefox, go to the top many on your screen, go in to firefox - settings - Applications. Scroll down until you fiend the Sims 3 and then you can choose you last game name in the drop box on the right to Sims 3. "

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

It works!!! You have been able to help when no one else could (including live support)

Here is the answer in English...
    Open firefox
    -firefox
    -preferences
    -Applications
    Then scroll down to Sims3 and select Use The Sims3 (default)

• Gothicgirl666Gothicgirl666 Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Mine loads but then says
    'do you wish to continue game has had" something"modifications may cause bugs." I say no I dont want to quit it in the game everything seems fine until I try to do skills. My elder sims should be a level 10 in cooking and body but its nothing then when i try to go back and level her up again the bllue thing above her head pops up goes all the way up but when it finished and goes to the next one my skillls stilll say your sims has no skill read a book blah blah blah I thought maybe that was just pre-gen sims no its all sims even gen. sims I made x.x This was only after I patched it though. Before the patch everything was juuust dandy
  • iTovaiTova Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm so going to kill that patch.

You're not going to tell the police are yah?
    edited June 2011
    @ ITova, i promise i want tell the police if you kill the patch, but did you try the new one i posted? :) When you say you cant download, what is it? The patch, from the store...?

@ Amiolia, perfect! Thank you that worked and im now sharing away to get my prizes :)
    Do you mind if i ad it in the first post for other easy to see?

@ libby0 im so happy i managed to help somebody! :) Thank you for telling!

@ Gothicgirl666 After tha patch we all experience different issues unfortunately, the bug you have i suggest you post in the Generation forum in crinricts buglist, she is collecting all the bugs there. Im not sure if the loading issue still is a problem for you?

• AmioliaAmiolia Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    @ Amiolia, perfect! Thank you that worked and im now sharing away to get my prizes :)
    Do you mind if i ad it in the first post for other easy to see?

Not at all. Glad I can help. :)
    edited June 2011
    Great, thank you :) I have now added the info in the first post.

libby0 i also added your correct names to the workaround for a default download. I hope thats ok? :)

Thank you both for helping out!
  • SimsLala3SimsLala3 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My sims 3 Late Night is crashing everytime I enter a lounge or a dance club. It works fine while the sim is at home, other people's homes or at work. It just crashes when she enters a lounge or a dance club.
    This is the error I get :
    Exception Raised
    Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x000003fc at address 0x005b6d27.
    Do you wish to debug it ?

There's two options, but each one of them just quits the game.

P.S I don't have generations, this only has been happening with the new patch.
    edited June 2011
    Hi SimsLala3 i had the same error message, it does not matter if you say yes or not, it will still crash.
    It seems to be the generation patch causing the problems, no matter if you have generations or not.

I updated to the manual patch, and always remove my cashes now. - Did you try that?
    edited June 2011
    No, how do you update to the manual patch?
    edited June 2011
    Did you read my first post? :)

I provided the latest links i have, otherwise i linked to the first one provided in an other tread. Follow the steps and see if it helps, and then remember to remove you cache files before each game, also explained above. I hope it helps you.

But your welcome to ask if you have any questions after reading :)
    edited June 2011
    I tried removing the caches and installing the manual update but it still won't work:(
    edited June 2011
    Im sorry for about your problems, i dont know if i can help you if you tried all the steps suggested, but maybe you can try to explain how it does not work, what kind of error messages you get etc.? Maybe we can figure out what causing the problem.

last night my own game crashed again after a lot of playtime, so i might not have found a final solution after all :(
    But try to explain what happens with you game and maybe we can figure out where it goes wrong.
  • jrobles03jrobles03 Posts: 12
    edited June 2011
    Hello. I posted the thread about the problems with the recent patch and have since downloaded the manual patch.. I was able to get in a good few hours of gameplay and found many glitches.

First of all, my sims are always disappearing now. And my game froze every few minutes of game play.. and now, it just won't unfreeze.

My sim will be suspended in time, the clock won't work, but the butterflies and the trees will continue to sway.
  • FcneutralFcneutral Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Anyone know how to screenshot on the Macbook? I'd like to post my ****-up crash screens.
  • ExclamationKateExclamationKate Posts: 120 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Fcneutral wrote:
    Anyone know how to screenshot on the Macbook? I'd like to post my ****-up crash screens.

Command + Shift + 3
  • sewawewasewawewa Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    AARGGGHHHh so my problem is i installed the patch and it killed my game (launcher not opening) just like everyone else basically on mac, so i figured I might aswell re install all my expansion packs etc and NOT download the new patch.. and just wait till EA fixes its issues but they still havent and im getting seriously annoyed about it now! I can download sims and items off the exchange like normal BUT my game dosent work every time i open it up until i open it again the second time? and its crashed for me once during this time but that only happened after playing for ages, so if anyone can help me please do :(
    edited June 2011
    @ jrobles03 the lags and bugs you explain seem to be very common now, i have a lot too. I think we just have to hope EA provide us with a useful patch quickly!

Thank you ExclamationKate for telling Fcneutral :)

@ sewawewa so sorry for your problems! Again im sorry its common and we have to wait for a patch.

Just hope EA hurry up!
  • 420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    here are a couple of problems I have found.
    1 There appears to be a problem with the dishwashers. I have both indoor and outdoor kitchens, it appears that only one of the indoor dishwashers works even if more than one are present. The dishes outdoors never get cleaned up, I must drag them to the indoor kitchen and then the sim can place them in the indoor dishwashers.
    2 the second just started and not sure why. I have 7 Sims trying to return from Champs Les Sims. Once they get back to Riverview I only have 4 of the original Sims but two of each, giving me 8 sims in my house.
    I still get frooze and invisable sims but resetSim code seems to work it out for a couple of hours of play.
  • jrobles03jrobles03 Posts: 12
    edited June 2011
    Why is it that it seems EA hasn't been very active with addressing our problems? They seem to be going about their day, not noticing all of the complaints with the recent EP and patch. :/
    Hm. I'm sure they're working very hard to fix this, but they're not publicly announcing that they are aware of this?

I don't know. I just really love this game and I can't even play it anymore because it freezes :(
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This is the type of thing that has me preordering the EPs/SPs and then putting them in a drawer for a month while I wait for EA to fix the bugs that should've have been fixed at launch. To be quite honest, this is really annoying to put things kindly. When I buy a game/EP/SP, I expect it to function properly; a minor bug that's quickly patched is one thing, but a myriad of bugs that are never addressed is quite another. What's really annoying though is that the "exception raised" error looks like an error in Cider, or more specifically, a Windows-related error, which Cider is emulating. This wouldn't even be an issue if EA had bothered to release a native Mac port of TS3; we might have a different error, but it's annoying to see Windows errors in OS X.

My game has been crashing roughly every five minutes whenever I attempt to save since I installed OLS, which has rendered it virtually unplayable, and I'd really like that issue fixed. It'd be nice to see EA fix issues with the Mac version as quickly as they fix issues with the Windows version of the game.