Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG! Bwahahah!! News for Gay Simmers!

I just discovered that little boys can use the costume chest to dress up as princesses AND they can sign up for Ballet after school! :lol:

I think I just found a way to have a whole lot more fun with Memories now.

Comments

• Options
    jenx100jenx100 Posts: 213
    edited June 2011
    They can 8D?!?!?!?! this is bumped up the epic scale of the game. are you sure this isn't a glitch that will be annoyingly fixed with an EA patch?
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited June 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I just discovered that little boys can use the costume chest to dress up as princesses AND they can sign up for Ballet after school! :lol:

So if a boy takes ballet he's gay? I've gone all the way to point ballet and some of my dance partners have been straight as a board.

Dressing as princesses.... ehhh... well let's just say that's natural curiosity lol
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The dancers for bachelor and bachelorette parties are also based off the gender of the fiance. :)
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'd like the option for gay couples to have a surrogate or ***** donor for children like in RL.
  • Options
    amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2011
    To be honest I'm more insulted then excited.
    But yayyyy princessesssss.
  • Options
    krystinaakrystinaa Posts: 150 New Member
    edited June 2011
    ladynaava wrote:
    I'd like the option for gay couples to have a surrogate or ***** donor for children like in RL.

thats opening a whole other can of worms... not just the gay pride thing(which I am all for and glad the game can recognize it)... but the surrogate stuff.. that's a whole different argument/situation than that of homosexuality.
  • Options
    cannibaleyescannibaleyes Posts: 350 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I noticed that too. My boy dressed up as a princess... Then his parents sent him to military boarding school. xD
    Anyway, I like that the dress-up/activities isn't restricted by gender. :)

But yeah.. Doesn't necessarily mean they're gay (although my boy that dressed up as a princess ended up hooking up with a guy at prom...).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    krystinaa wrote:
    ladynaava wrote:

thats opening a whole other can of worms... not just the gay pride thing(which I am all for and glad the game can recognize it)... but the surrogate stuff.. that's a whole different argument/situation than that of homosexuality.

I'm not really seeing why this would be a conflict or a concern for anyone. Both straight and gay folks use surrogates, and go to the fertility clinics. Ang gay couples can adopt in Sims 3.
  • Options
    CleoSombraCleoSombra Posts: 289
    edited June 2011
    Uh, wow. No.

A boy dressing up as a princess does not mean he's going to be gay. This type of comment reflects poor stereotypes, not only of gays, but of gender, and demonstrates how limited men are in freedom of expression.

If girls can be "tomboys" and play with trucks and eat mud and still be expected to grow up straight, then the same should be expected for boys.

Don't confuse gender identity or gender expression with sexual orientation, please. These are two separate things. If a boy wants to be a princess, then he should feel free to be a princess without fear of any future predictions or labels being put on him.
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited June 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:

lol! I don't interpret this as being gay Zeke---merely the fact our sim kids have an added dimension to their creativity besides the playground---they can now experiment with cross dressing! :P
    So I have to give the devs a :thumbup: :thumbup: for treating us with this. It's one of the best social features in this EP :-)
  • Options
    vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited June 2011
    CleoSombra wrote:
    Uh, wow. No.

A boy dressing up as a princess does not mean he's going to be gay. This type of comment reflects poor stereotypes, not only of gays, but of gender, and demonstrates how limited men are in freedom of expression.

If girls can be "tomboys" and play with trucks and eat mud and still be expected to grow up straight, then the same should be expected for boys.

Don't confuse gender identity or gender expression with sexual orientation, please. These are two separate things. If a boy wants to be a princess, then he should feel free to be a princess without fear of any future predictions or labels being put on him.

My thoughts also.
    In my social circle we call a boy or guy dressed up as a princess cosplay.
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited June 2011
    actually i like the surrogate mother idea. not all couples who use them are gay some couples just have trouble getting pregnant.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    So if a boy takes ballet he's gay? I've gone all the way to point ballet and some of my dance partners have been straight as a board.
    Technically, no, but at the same time it is rare for a child to be interested in ballet at that age, given how female dominated it is. Then again, when I saw that option, I just thought of that one movie of the little boy who wanted to dance ballet and how everyone was treating him like he was ***** until they learned that he's actually a prodigy dancer.
    I noticed that too. My boy dressed up as a princess... Then his parents sent him to military boarding school. xD
    Anyway, I like that the dress-up/activities isn't restricted by gender. :)

But yeah.. Doesn't necessarily mean they're gay (although my boy that dressed up as a princess ended up hooking up with a guy at prom...).
    LOL!! :lol: That's so AWESOME!!
    JaanaDruid wrote:
    lol! I don't interpret this as being gay Zeke---merely the fact our sim kids have an added dimension to their creativity besides the playground---they can now experiment with cross dressing! :P
    So I have to give the devs a :thumbup: :thumbup: for treating us with this. It's one of the best social features in this EP :-)
    Amen to that! This little option is the best thing I've found in Geneartions!
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited June 2011
    I know, I gotta give major kudos to EA for doing this, traditional gender roles stink, and I am glad they aren't forced on our Sims. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2011
    CleoSombra wrote:
    Uh, wow. No.

I agree :) .
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    I remember how excited I was that gay couples could actually get MARRIED in Sims 3. Remember in Sims 2 all they could be was 'partners'? Sure they got the ceremony (called join union, not a wedding) and all but they weren't called 'married'. That used to annoy the heck out of me.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    DottiepopDottiepop Posts: 112
    edited June 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    The dancers for bachelor and bachelorette parties are also based off the gender of the fiance. :)

Oh wow! Can't wait to try this out :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think its wonderful, not just for equal rights, but because childrens imaginations should never be restricted. They should be able to be anything they wanna be or pretend to be. :lol:

I didn't know that about the bachelor/bachelorette parties, that is so awesome! :D
  • Options
    azriel57azriel57 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2011
    Gay couples can have surrogates now, just find a female and get her pregnant, get to know the child and have them move in.
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited June 2011
    That is great. Yay for non-traditional gender roles.

I may have to make a girl who does scouting and a boy who does ballet now. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    azriel57 wrote:
    Gay couples can have surrogates now, just find a female and get her pregnant, get to know the child and have them move in.

It doesn't work. It did prior to Generations, but extramarital relationships is considered 'cheating' and your couple will break up. It worked prior to Generations, but with Generations, the game punishes extramarital relationships severely, even with no jealousy.
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited June 2011
    ladynaava wrote:
    azriel57 wrote:

It doesn't work. It did prior to Generations, but extramarital relationships is considered 'cheating' and your couple will break up. It worked prior to Generations, but with Generations, the game punishes extramarital relationships severely, even with no jealousy.

As with my others, I'm hoping they patch this up. I think its ridiculous that its so strict. Some people just don't see the world that way. :P
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    julieexann wrote:
    I may have to make a girl who does scouting and a boy who does ballet now. :D
    See, that's not as special, since the girl scouts are just as widely known and accepted as the boy scouts. If not more so because of those **** cookies.

Mmmm... Girl Scout cookies.... <drools>
  • Options
    KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited June 2011
    You may not remember, but i created a thread about a week ago complaining about the same thing. I got a lot of negative comments from people who said i was acting homophobic.

Still, i never have boys dress up as a princess, but i may have them go to ballet. Boys ballet remineds me of the great British movie Billy Elliot.
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited June 2011
    I used the Mastercontroller mod so my two married female Sims could have a baby with their genetics, I tried the adoption thing once and I wasn't satisfied.

I have two female Sims who are about to graduate and get married in my game, so it's welcome news that some dude won't show up and dance at the bachelorette party. :D