Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clone family or rather craziest glitch ever to happen to me

Ok not sure what, when how or why it happened. But I recently got my sims Camilla and Aleef (he's from Egypt) married. And shortly after the honeymoon I got them preggars. That was fine, baby came out normal, maternity gear was normal too. Had the baby, she came out just fine too. Then a little while after I got the family home and on their way with life. The baby receives the imaginary friend. Which that is well and good too.

No biggie or problem, til ordinary memories such as Camilla making breakfast is being described as her going fishing and catching a red herring. Same for Aleef when he is working at the drafting table as he is a stylist. The memory comes up as him catching a gold fish. Ok so I go to their memories and decide to just forget those memories as I think it's a simple glitch right? Wrong! So freaking wrong. As little Akila (the baby) suddenly has two panel pics of mommy and daddy in her relationships. Now seeing as I just got the imaginary friend doll I figured that since it was in her inventory the toy was getting to know the parents just as well as the baby right? Again wrong!

As Aleef goes off to work the following day and low and behold one of his stylist jobs around town is to change a sim's althetic wear. No big. Til he arrives and guess who is there? His freaking clone Aleef Gibson (2). And guess who is upstairs in the study reading a baby book? Camilla Gibson (2) and who is also pregnant for the first time too. So I can only imagine that when she has their baby it's going to be a clone of Akila as well and she is going to be her own half sister. Anybody have any suggestions on how to sort out this craziness?

Camilla and Aleef the original: Screenshot-5-1.jpg[img]Aleef the clone:[/img]Screenshot-7-2.jpg[img]Camilla the clone:[/img]Screenshot-8-2.jpg

Sorry ahead of time if the pics are too big. But still what the heck is up with this?The only difference is the maternity outfit for clone Camilla. But the clones appear to have been wearing what I recently changed the originals' clothes to. So not sure when and why and how they came to be but they are there freaking me out, lol.

Comments

• Resender1Resender1 Posts: 193 New Member
    edited June 2011
    All Kinds of messed up things happen when you get romantically involved with sims at a vacation destination.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited June 2011
    Whoa so much text for a little "I have clones in my neighborhood" information. :shock:

This is an old bug - i think since the base game. So welcome to the club. :mrgreen:

Just do the following to get rid of them:
    Open the cheat line and enter
    testingcheatsenabled true
    next shift click on the clone (or was it ctrl shift click?)
    select object -> delete
    POOF

However this will only delete the instance (means the clone will eventually be back sooner or later). To get rid of the model as well there is only one way I know: get Pescado's awesomemod and use the "nukeimpostors" command.

EDIT: Please note that the actual awesomemod is not yet compatible with generations!
    This space is for rent.
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited June 2011
    Haha, sorry for posting so much. Kind of hopped up on Pepsi this early in the morning and chocolate. But yea this is the first time this has ever happened to me. And prior to this I have had several sims meet, fall in love, marry and have kids with sims from the vacation spots with no problem. I install Generations and all of a sudden there are clones. And not just the parents getting cloned nicely just the once the daughter gets cloneed 46 consecutive times and shows up in the panel as 46 upper bodyless babies with various names. From Donna to Mary. Lakesha to Jasmine, etc., etc., etc.
    edited June 2011
    Oops that's the most extreme case of cloning I have ever heard of. Sorry to tell you but I think you have a serious data corruption in your neighborhood. The only thing I can recommend is: Move all families of this town (except for the corrupt one) to a new instance of the neighborhood.
    In order to keep the relationships you could use Twallan's porter mod.
    http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=923.0
    This space is for rent.
    edited June 2011
    dp :roll:
    This space is for rent.
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Whoa so much text for a little "I have clones in my neighborhood" information. :shock:

This is an old bug - i think since the base game. So welcome to the club. :mrgreen:

select object -> delete
    POOF

However this will only delete the instance (means the clone will eventually be back sooner or later). To get rid of the model as well there is only one way I know: get Pescado's awesomemod and use the "nukeimpostors" command.

EDIT: Please note that the actual awesomemod is not yet compatible with generations!

It's interesting when the clone appears when terribly pregnant in the home when you return from vacation.

I have two of my main lass that have delivered triplets before "the clone" could even enter the house after being over seas!

I got two sets of triplets, unofrtunately they weren't clones of each other and I had to send them all off to boarding school and, am currently growing them as part of my rather odd ball legacy (yeah, I'm certain there isn't an "act of glitch" in the rule so they don't count so I'm not posting them as a legacy.) to get them into the world and out of the house before I delete the imposter that I have only just determined (since she's the one none of the appliances work for).

Crazy bug, but still a story telling opportunity. ;)

J.
    edited June 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Oops that's the most extreme case of cloning I have ever heard of. Sorry to tell you but I think you have a serious data corruption in your neighborhood. The only thing I can recommend is: Move all families of this town (except for the corrupt one) to a new instance of the neighborhood.
    In order to keep the relationships you could use Twallan's porter mod.
    http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=923.0

Ah man really? Grr. I hate reading that as I hardly ever play with any mods for sims 3 and now I get a corrupted neighborhood? Dang gone it. Could I also just delete the current family or even re-install to take care of this? Or will it come back again?
    edited June 2011
    Jaelk01 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

select object -> delete
    POOF

It's interesting when the clone appears when terribly pregnant in the home when you return from vacation.

I have two of my main lass that have delivered triplets before "the clone" could even enter the house after being over seas!

I got two sets of triplets, unofrtunately they weren't clones of each other and I had to send them all off to boarding school and, am currently growing them as part of my rather odd ball legacy (yeah, I'm certain there isn't an "act of glitch" in the rule so they don't count so I'm not posting them as a legacy.) to get them into the world and out of the house before I delete the imposter that I have only just determined (since she's the one none of the appliances work for).

Indeed. And how did you get triplets? I keep hearing through the grapevine that you have to listen to kiddie music and watch the kid's channel. Also have that fertility reward too. Well I've done all that but I keep getting twins. I mean I've even had 6 bedroom houses my sims have been in and they still end up with just twins.
    J.
    edited June 2011
    SimiLova wrote:
    Could I also just delete the current family or even re-install to take care of this? Or will it come back again?

Well if you don't mind having their clones still walk around in your town then go for it. Personally it would totally confuse me but that's my problem. :mrgreen:
    This space is for rent.
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2011
    I had another of myself show up in my town, randomly, At first i looked at this sim and was saying wow this sim looks just like my sim and then I hovered over and bam!! same name as me and I was in :shock:, how did a copy of my sim get into my game without me adding it by myself. Creepy if you ask me.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

edited June 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    SimiLova wrote:
    Could I also just delete the current family or even re-install to take care of this? Or will it come back again?

Well if you don't mind having their clones still walk around in your town then go for it. Personally it would totally confuse me but that's my problem. :mrgreen:

>_< this just blows big time.
  • AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This happened to me as well! With out WA though, the clones will be delivering pizza, mixologist at bars, just living around town, they mostly get NPC jobs. I'm so happy it's not just me! How do you fix this!?!
  • ZsarZsar Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The clone attack is going rampant, apparently has to do with WA, as it happens when you travel. My Evil Sim Twin destroyed my household and my game. I am still in the process of re-installing, I don't actually know what can be done, but killing, vanishing, evicting, moving, whatever you do to get rid of your clones ends up affecting you and your family, and finally your game, and if you let them eventually will affect the game in one way or another, found out the hard way, specially with reputations. :evil:

:roll:

I made a thread...check it out and be cautious.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2011
    Awgust wrote:
    This happened to me as well! With out WA though, the clones will be delivering pizza, mixologist at bars, just living around town, they mostly get NPC jobs. I'm so happy it's not just me! How do you fix this!?!

The easiest, though not necessarily permanent, solution is to just delete the clones using testingcheats. I usually delete clones when I spot them, and sometimes they do reappear later, but not always. This isn't new to Generations, though, has been around for awhile now. I first noticed it in Late Night, when I spotted clones of two of my currently playable sims working as bouncers in a couple of the clubs. I think that sometimes the game uses Sim models from the bin to fill NPC slots. Which is unfortunately, because I usually add all my bin Sims to each new town that I start, I like seeing a familiar cast of characters. :P Clones can cause date corruption, though, so it's best to just delete them when you see them.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited June 2011
    Zsar wrote:
    The clone attack is going rampant, apparently has to do with WA, as it happens when you travel. My Evil Sim Twin destroyed my household and my game. I am still in the process of re-installing, I don't actually know what can be done, but killing, vanishing, evicting, moving, whatever you do to get rid of your clones ends up affecting you and your family, and finally your game, and if you let them eventually will affect the game in one way or another, found out the hard way, specially with reputations. :evil:

:roll:

I made a thread...check it out and be cautious.

I'll check out your thread Zsar. But really uninstalling and re-installing won't do any good for this? As I deleted that saved game earlier along with the family. So I can start again fresh. I just hate the fact that I had my little family all set, both parents were making great success in their careers, the toddler was cute as can be. And was even ready to use the stroller for the first time then I get cloned. Ugh.
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2011
    SimiLova wrote:
    Jaelk01 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

select object -> delete
    POOF

Indeed. And how did you get triplets? I keep hearing through the grapevine that you have to listen to kiddie music and watch the kid's channel. Also have that fertility reward too. Well I've done all that but I keep getting twins. I mean I've even had 6 bedroom houses my sims have been in and they still end up with just twins.
    J.

Fertility treatment, kids TV and something you eat(?) I can't seem to have less then triplets with this couple (both have fertility btw). I eat apples for boys and I think it's watermellon for girls... but maybe that's what's giving me more kids.

Not sure, but apples definitly skew the chances to a male child. Of course once an MD determines the gender I think you're done.

I hope that helps, it's an old family I tend to play my mains when I get a new Expansion while I learn the rules. They are... established ;)

J.
    edited June 2011
    The easiest, though not necessarily permanent, solution is to just delete the clones using testingcheats.

That's what I meant when I was talking about instance and model. If you're interested I can get a little bit more detailed about this because I'm a software developer. Everything you see in the game is based on a model database (your save game), which itself has modified data inherited from a collection of base objects. You can think of it as a plan with all data neccessary (skin tone, traits, textures, actual action, location and so on). What your see on your screen is actually an assembled copy of those data. Developers call this "instance".
    Now what happens if you delete a clone? You just destroy the instance. The model (the plan for it) is not touched by this action! That explains why the deletion of a clone (or any homeless NPC) is not permanent.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.