Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After I pre-order "Pets" for my MAC, I should see...?

Okay, so I pre-ordered Pets: Special Edition for my Mac using the "PC Physical" option via the TS3 site's links to Origin. After attempting navigate Origin's terrible layout I finally placed my preorder, at least I think I did, but I can't check, because every time I log into Origin, and try to check on my order status, Origin tells me that I'm not logged in. I do have an e-mail from EA's automated system though, so my question is this: Since I have the e-mail, does that mean that my order went through even if I can't seem to check its existence via Origin?

I posted this in the "Pets" forum since I have no idea where else to put it; it's not a TS3 store question or TS3 store tech question, nor is it a game-related tech question, and since we don't have a tech section for Origin, and this is about Pets, I've posted this in the pets forum. Please note that I'm on a Mac, and while any information at all would be appreciated, information from a Mac user would be extra-appreciated. (I know most users understand what "I'm on a Mac" means, but unfortunately, EA seems to do a great job of giving Mac users Windows workarounds involving IE, which hasn't had a Mac version since 2003.) I just want to know that receiving the e-mail means that my pre-order was received by EA, even if I can't see it in Origin, that's all.

And, now, for a small rant:
As for Origin itself, as long as I can avoid it, I will never use origin again unless I have to for something like "Pets: SE." There was nothing telling me I could log in using my TS3 login when I first was directed to Origin. The interface was counter-intuitive through and through, and I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for hitting "print" and being told "A PDF will be available for you to download within 1-2 hours." (Newsflash EA: Every other website lets me hit "print" and I can save a *.PDF by doing that; Mom & Pop Yahoo! stores have a more user-friendly layout then your Origin store does.) Then I actually had to find where the invoice should have been, which took awhile because someone decided to bury it under "Customer Service," again this is stuff that should be visible on the main page. I hope my experience with the EP itself is better then my experience pre-ordering it, because I really had to jump through hoops to put the pre-order through, and I really want this EP.

Comments

• NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited June 2011
    If you received a confirmation order email, then the order has been processed.
    I've always had trouble checking my order through EA
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you, Nokuoro; that was the exact answer that I was looking for. :D My pre-order is placed, and now I just have to wait until October. (At which point I'll put the disc in the drawer currently housing my GEN disc, and wait for the patches before installing my Special/Limited Edition of "Pets," so that I can actually play it.)
  • jrenaejrenae Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    Of course you can't see the origin yet, it hasn't be shipped and or copies haven't been made
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2011
    jrenae wrote:
    Of course you can't see the origin yet, it hasn't be shipped and or copies haven't been made
    Origin is the store; I can see that just fine. What I can't see is my pre-order confirmation/invoice. The e-mail serves the same purpose though; it tells me that my pre-order was processed/confirmed/accepted. The game doesn't need to ship for a pre-order to be visible; I have things on pre-order all the time; I can always see that the orders exist.