March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know the new creature?

Comments

• Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2011
    niac1234 wrote:
    An animagi would be 10 times better than a werewolf. + I think they should include a creature that is assimilated with the horse since it is brand new to the game.

The horse assimilation sounds really cool - I think I saw someone else earlier in the post mention something similar too. Fauns, centaurs, satyrs, minotaurs - any creature that in incorporates something equine would be just awesome!!!
    *secretly wishes for a satyr or faun option in her Sims game*
  • PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Enjoji101 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    An animagi would be 10 times better than a werewolf. + I think they should include a creature that is assimilated with the horse since it is brand new to the game.

The horse assimilation sounds really cool - I think I saw someone else earlier in the post mention something similar too. Fauns, centaurs, satyrs, minotaurs - any creature that in incorporates something equine would be just awesome!!!
    *secretly wishes for a satyr or faun option in her Sims game*
    That could be really neat, but that might be a bit much to hope for, for the new EP. Although I would love to see it ware people, centaurs, it could be really cool.
  • L0NS0L0NS0 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow you people arguing over this town business are losers.
  • L0NS0L0NS0 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oops LawL!
  • gerbenlegacygerbenlegacy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited June 2011
    How awesome would a centaur be :D
  • StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited June 2011
    niac1234 wrote:
    Ok... just being silly but... Nuckelavee!! :D Ok, what is a nuckelavee?
    In irish folklore, the nuckelavee is a monster from the sea. It looks like a skinless man who has the lower body of a skinless horse (kinda like a centaur exept that the horse has a head; the man part grows out of the creatures back.) it attacks people and strangles them with it's long hands and drags their bodies into the sea. it hates fresh water, so it only appears during dry summers and autumns, when it doesn't rain.
    Ok, maybe we won't be seing a nuckelavee in the sims series :D
  • KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2011
    Probs Werewolves or something.
  • TopherloveTopherlove Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2011
    PapaSmurf1 wrote:
    I think that werewolves would be great as well, I don't recall ever running into one in the Sims 2, I know that they were suppose to be there but I don't think that I ever saw one.

On another note, maybe it's Bigfoot, that could be really interesting, having Bigfoot lurk around your town, never knowing when he might pop out at you.

I have to honestly say that I never saw them either in TS2 so I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who missed out.

I like the Bigfoot idea though because it's different but not too strange. It would be fun to search for him too in the game.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2011
    I know you're talking about supernatural creatures, but i hope one of the animals is llamas! i mean come on! there are horses now, and one of the most famous trademarks in The Sims is llamas... so it seems logical that they should be there >_> .... and a chicken that plays checkers ;p
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2011
    Pegasus who else...
    Not a fan of any creatures in the game really but I agree it will probably be a werewolf.

Or maybe Wolverine.

How about Harvey? We already have rabbit holes. :lol:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • dedakidedaki Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I read a lot about creatures.I read so many posts in forums! So that's what i found, an article. Sorry if it is wrong, it's not mine it's something i read on facebook.

"Every expansion pack of the sims 3's got a special creature. Mummies, vampires, sim-bots, imaginary friends. Our team tried to discover the new creatures. We read forums and more forums. The first idea is werewolf. Sims 2 pets feautured werewolfs so how could be another creature in the sims 3 pets? In some more forums, we read about fairy-pets. They will be found only the night nd the will shining. The will fly. A few people saying that one of the feautures of pets will be fairies. The third and last idea is freakin insects. They will be huge and maybe the expansion pack will feauture a new death! Death of, an-insect-ate-me. We hope we helped!"

When i read this article i was so excited! fairypets! Wow!
  • Pudding000Pudding000 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Fairy pets ... ??? really.. Ughh.
    That's just to random. Normally it are things that we know. But i have never heard of fairy pets. What do they look like? Pink little dogs with butterfly wings en glitter al over it O.O If there are multiple sites that say it, it may be true. Facebook and wikipedia are not always true ^^ espacially facebook I think xP

Srry for the bad english >.>
  • StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited June 2011
    Fairy pets??? EA is really running out of ideas... what's next? Chimeras? Khan worms? Tinkerbell? The only thing missing now is the friggin Good Fairy Godmother! :D
  • Geish4Geish4 Posts: 9
    edited June 2011
    I think we should have a big nasty dragon! :wink:
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2011
    Traditional fairies aren't like Disney's Tinkerbell, aside from the fact that Tinkerbell tries to kill Wendy Darling. I'd sooner face off against the big nasty dragon than any denizen of the Fae xDD
  • FamilycliftonFamilyclifton Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I think it would be so cool if they made a farming town, and you could plant corn. Then aliens would leave crop circles and we would have aliens. I loved having aliens.
  • Desrae118Desrae118 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Anyhow it's fairy pets then I will be so disappointed. I'm still rooting for werewolves, then I can make a proper Twilight game and it'll be perfect :D
  • wolfsaverwolfsaver Posts: 67
    edited July 2011
    I believe that at 1:14 in the trailer, there is a wolf shown. See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFMTB3f4V8

It does howl like a wolf in the video, but it doesn't have the same glowing eyes that the werewolf from The Sims 2 Pets did. I'm not sure... Just throwing it out there that it is a possibility that the werewolf is returning.

Good thinking, but, I don't think they were trying to convey that as being a wolf. Remember how in the ts2p our dogs could annoy us by howling or barking? The fact that dogs could also howl In ts2p most likely means they're bringing that action back, hence the dog howling like a wolf with the mam with him. Don't get me wrong, I want the werewolf back soooooo much! ^_^ they should make it like this: http://www.werewolfhaven.net/anatomy.php
    And for more ideas on how the werewolf could be, check out the various and multiple lengthy comments I (wolfsaver) wrote in his form: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/388046.page

:)
  • meikahidenorimeikahidenori Posts: 276 Member
    edited July 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    It probably will be a werewolf as it is the easiest to think of; I just hope that they do more with them than a poorly textured fur covering (you could see seams in the darned thing), and hopefully some challenge to their existence. While I was never a huge fan of vampires I did appreciate that they could readily die in sunlight in Sims 2 as opposed to being a little smokey with no other SIGNIFICANT ill effects in Sims 3. With werewolves I do hope that doing so may add some benefits, but create some genuinely problematic downsides. I'm not EXPECTING this, as the Sims 3 series has been anything BUT challenging with an emphasis on treating the consumer base like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but I can hope that they put some effort into injecting a proper challenge.

That said, if I had a choice in the matter: minotaurs.

vampires do smoke and suffer effects in sims 3. i have lost a few by accident, one while gardening and one after he got promoted in his job. they both suffered heat stoke, kept passing out till they just turned to ash. it was pretty funny, but once i realised i lost my legacy founder i was a bit miffed.
  • meikahidenorimeikahidenori Posts: 276 Member
    edited July 2011
    niac1234 wrote:
    Werewolves would be cool if they weren't Hollywood movie themed. Maybe something like Harry Potter Werewolves. Those are cool. Almost like what they did with Vampires in Late Night. Make them edgy and sophisticated.

lets not go there, those werewolves of harry potter look like hairless rats on two legs... not werewolves. mind you a giant rat would rock :D
  • wolfsaverwolfsaver Posts: 67
    edited July 2011
    niac1234 wrote:
    Werewolves would be cool if they weren't Hollywood movie themed. Maybe something like Harry Potter Werewolves. Those are cool. Almost like what they did with Vampires in Late Night. Make them edgy and sophisticated.

lets not go there, those werewolves of harry potter look like hairless rats on two legs... not werewolves. mind you a giant rat would rock :D

:lol:
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited July 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    It probably will be a werewolf as it is the easiest to think of; I just hope that they do more with them than a poorly textured fur covering (you could see seams in the darned thing), and hopefully some challenge to their existence. While I was never a huge fan of vampires I did appreciate that they could readily die in sunlight in Sims 2 as opposed to being a little smokey with no other SIGNIFICANT ill effects in Sims 3. With werewolves I do hope that doing so may add some benefits, but create some genuinely problematic downsides. I'm not EXPECTING this, as the Sims 3 series has been anything BUT challenging with an emphasis on treating the consumer base like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but I can hope that they put some effort into injecting a proper challenge.

That said, if I had a choice in the matter: minotaurs.

vampires do smoke and suffer effects in sims 3. i have lost a few by accident, one while gardening and one after he got promoted in his job. they both suffered heat stoke, kept passing out till they just turned to ash. it was pretty funny, but once i realised i lost my legacy founder i was a bit miffed.

That's funny. I've had them out for hours on end, as has Reni on a different machine, and neither of us have seen death. How many hours do they have to be out before this happens (not having any playable vamps, right now, to test with)? I recall with Sims 2 that the process was FAIRLY quick (not instantaneous, by any means, but any more than a trip from the car to the house, if the house had a long driveway, could prove lethal), but here I have only ever seen minor complaints and a single pass out scenario without death.

- Hans
  • ViewSonic100ManViewSonic100Man Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2011
    a monkey one that you can teach to do household chores, and such.. that and the usual BUGS major, and annoying BUGS...Game bugs/glitches that is.

• pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    They said the new neighborhood was going to be a ranch enviroment so I think it's going to be a fox or a coyote. Plus they said it was going to be something never done and wolves and werewolves have both been done. That's not to say that they won't have those in the game though.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    Pegasus who else...
    Not a fan of any creatures in the game really but I agree it will probably be a werewolf.

Or maybe Wolverine.

How about Harvey? We already have rabbit holes. :lol:

LOL Harvey ..for those of you too young too remember Harvey was an invisible rabbit in a Jimmy Stewart movie....that's a good one !! :D
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif