Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know the new creature?

I want to know if any of you out there have heard/seen any evidence of the new creature. I'm kind of thinking it may be a werewolf just because many simmers have mentioned that they want one and because its a pets expansion. I dont know though. So if you know what it is or have any ideas post them here!

Comments

• Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2011
    i hope it is :) i really can't wait for this ep, it should be my fave :D
  • Mikey5rMikey5r Posts: 113 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I think that it will be the werewolf too. but they could come up with something new.
  • Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited June 2011
    if it is werewolves I hope it becomes generic, like with vampires in Late Night.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited June 2011
    I want werewolves, but I have this eery feeling that they won't include one due to all the animals they include...
  • Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2011
    I too would love to have werewolves back in the game; hopefully better ones too. Fingers crossed!!
  • mike12733mike12733 Posts: 225 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I really want the werewolf back, but I am not sure about it since they made the imaginary friend. it's a funny creature, but it is just a weird obstacle sometimes. which takes up a lot of time to just see. (or to get the doll.)
    lets just hope that they won't drop the occult. that is my favorite part of all the expansions.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited June 2011
    If they are anything like TS2 werewolves I will be really disappointed. Just really hairy sims at night. Like I said in a previous thread, we already can make them all hairy and grumpy thanks to Generations.

Maybe I'm bias, I find werewolves to be the most dull of monsters.

Someone on here mentioned a headless horseman, thanks to the first ever introduction of horses. I would love this. It's different and eerie. Maybe they can turn sims into some new and interesting creature (so there's not just *one* creature)
    I really don't want werewolves again :oops:
  • kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm hoping if they have to keep to a humanoid figure they resemble something of a Worgen from World of warcraft.
    If possiable i'd rather they shift into a large wolf with cool options like stalking and ravaging sims or deer (if they still have them) or track down racoons and fight them for what ever contents the little bandits might have like metals or money.

oh and ofcourse make in genetic !! I want baby werewolves!
  • ROCbowrasROCbowras Posts: 164
    edited June 2011
    It would be fun to have werewolves again, but I agree with many of you that the werewolves in the Sims 2 weren't very impressive.
    Personally, I LOVED the witches in the Sims 2, and I hope they make them for the Sims 3.
  • ChazematazChazemataz Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love for there to be werewolves, and when there are confirmed to be weres, I will pre-order this EP. I have a supernatural neighborhood that I completely love and am just waiting for them.

Maybe I'm the lone voice here, but I LOVE how they did the vampires in Late Night. They're dark & sexy and add a whole new dimension of gameplay, unlike in TS2, where they were more Dracula-like. If they make the weres as good as they did the vampires, I think they'll be just great.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited June 2011
    Chazemataz wrote:

Maybe I'm the lone voice here, but I LOVE how they did the vampires in Late Night. They're dark & sexy and add a whole new dimension of gameplay, unlike in TS2, where they were more Dracula-like. If they make the weres as good as they did the vampires, I think they'll be just great.

You're not alone in this, they were 100x better than silly Sims 2 vamps IMO. I love them. And I'm not even a vampire freak.

That said, if they do happen to go the route of werewolves again, I really hope there is something miraculous about them and that they have powers or something.
  • sims2aholic63sims2aholic63 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love to get werewolves, but we're more likely to get wolfmen. To be specific, that's actually what was in Sims 2. Not to be picky, but a werewolf looks like a wolf, on all 4's and all that, but a wolfman stands on 2 feet and has fur all over with a wolf-like face. At least I think that's correct, however I could be wrong. You could just use the generic lycanthrope...it covers all the bases (I think). Actually, I would like a sim to be able to transform into a cat, preferable a panther, but I seriously doubt we'd ever get anything that cool. Though I would be satisfied to just get regular panthers in Pets. They have horses and racoons, why not panthers, cougars and other wild critters? Heck, if I could have a panther as a pet in real life, I would. I love them...they're beautiful creatures.
  • Rud3Rud3 Posts: 1,020
    edited June 2011
    Its a lion

ROAR!!!!!!!
  • EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited June 2011
    :shock: Tigers, Lions and Bears oh my! Creatures? Well how about lockness or the big foot lol
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love to get werewolves, but we're more likely to get wolfmen. To be specific, that's actually what was in Sims 2. Not to be picky, but a werewolf looks like a wolf, on all 4's and all that, but a wolfman stands on 2 feet and has fur all over with a wolf-like face.
    Wolfmen were an invention of early Hollywood, while men turning into wolves is an idea that goes back for probably a thousand years. So, you are correct.

"Werewolves" that look like this are just an invention of Hollywood movie men. (Don't you love this picture? LOL. :mrgreen: )

5735687482_18869fa866.jpg
  • MickydMickyd Posts: 117 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope were wolf as well:

Id like a were wolf that can change from sims to a wolfman and then have a wolf form so you can play as a pet.

But judging from the trailer maby they wont have a life state and just expand apon the Grim Reaper?

• reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited June 2011
    It probably will be a werewolf as it is the easiest to think of; I just hope that they do more with them than a poorly textured fur covering (you could see seams in the darned thing), and hopefully some challenge to their existence. While I was never a huge fan of vampires I did appreciate that they could readily die in sunlight in Sims 2 as opposed to being a little smokey with no other SIGNIFICANT ill effects in Sims 3. With werewolves I do hope that doing so may add some benefits, but create some genuinely problematic downsides. I'm not EXPECTING this, as the Sims 3 series has been anything BUT challenging with an emphasis on treating the consumer base like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but I can hope that they put some effort into injecting a proper challenge.

That said, if I had a choice in the matter: minotaurs.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love to get werewolves, but we're more likely to get wolfmen. To be specific, that's actually what was in Sims 2. Not to be picky, but a werewolf looks like a wolf, on all 4's and all that, but a wolfman stands on 2 feet and has fur all over with a wolf-like face. At least I think that's correct, however I could be wrong. You could just use the generic lycanthrope...it covers all the bases (I think). Actually, I would like a sim to be able to transform into a cat, preferable a panther, but I seriously doubt we'd ever get anything that cool. Though I would be satisfied to just get regular panthers in Pets. They have horses and racoons, why not panthers, cougars and other wild critters? Heck, if I could have a panther as a pet in real life, I would. I love them...they're beautiful creatures.

'Were' means 'man'. A wolfman and a werewolf are effectively the same. In some legends, vampires can shift into wolves, in others werewolves are their own, anthropromorphic creature (a wolfman always, no shifting), others have them shift into various forms (half-human, fully wolf, fully human, wolf-eyes/claws only). There is no 'right' legend, so EA have a lot of wiggle room and a lot to play around with.

And panthers should never be pets. In addition, they're not a species in their own right. 'Panther' is the name of a Greek myth and 'black/white panther' is applied to jaguars, cougers and leopards of specific colours.
  • Chaz_gChaz_g Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't post here often, but I hope people don't overlook my idea -

CENTAURS.

We have horses now right? use the models/meshes and animations of the horse, but with a sims upper torso. HEY PRESTO. A CENTAUR. Although I still haven't thought of how they would live in a house.. perhaps they would just live the way the horses do in fields, but can still interact with sims etc. Also.. How cute would a toddler look as a centaur with foal legs?? ^.^
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Probably. i wonder if there will be a new death.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love to have my werewolves back in the game. I just hope they improve them from the Sims 2 version. I thought they were kind of silly before. I would like it if they were more wild looking and acting. That would be cool I think.
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just hope that we do get a creature but if we do get a werewolf or wolf man I hope they arent wierd I hope they have powers or something and I would want them to be generic. O and cats should hate i mean HATE werewolfs
  • BigFluffyPandaBearBigFluffyPandaBear Posts: 100
    edited June 2011
    I'd also like to see werewolves again, but hopefully EA improves them. A lot. :wink:

But also, what with the new horses and such, I hope we get unicorns. THAT would be cool. :D
  • MissJillykinsMissJillykins Posts: 51
    edited June 2011
    I want unicorns.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2011
    What would be really cool is some sort of creature that can shape shift into different animals. I like this because it is unique and fun to play as. I also like the headless horseman. or maybe like a catwoman or a dog man. Im just throwing ideas around beacause personally, werewolves are over rated and too obvious.

However, Werewolves would be cool if they weren't Hollywood movie themed. Maybe something like Harry Potter Werewolves. Those are cool. Almost like what they did with Vampires in Late Night. Make them edgy and sophisticated.

I'm really excited for pets. :lol: