Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic Interest is NOT Cheating

My Sim has had a couple romantic interests, casual dates, but NEVER "proposed to go steady." She keeps getting the naughty reputation and it is saying she cheated. Is this like this for everyone? If so, it doesn't REALLY make sense how she could cheat...

I like the reputation IDEA, I just hope there's something soon to alter to it like celebrity. lol.

Comments

• AlexaMichelleAlexaMichelle Posts: 187 New Member
    edited June 2011
    She is cheating if she has multiple romantic interests. Its like that in every Generations game.
    edited June 2011
    Think about it. One second your kissing on one sim and then the next you turn around and are kissing on them. Even if your not dating them its still considered cheating.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2011
    Think about it. One second your kissing on one sim and then the next you turn around and are kissing on them. Even if your not dating them its still considered cheating.

Agree. To get them to be romantic interests, the sim would of had to confess attraction, kissed or even just flirted with another sim. Anything that a sim does to another sim that is romantic, then it is considered cheating if the sim is dating another sim.

Get it?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • yournamehere488yournamehere488 Posts: 29
    edited June 2011
    Not really. In real life, you can casually go on dates and kiss multiple people without it being cheating. Cheating means that you have made some sort of commitment. Going on a few dates but never asking to be their boyfriend or girlfriend means you aren't committed therefore there's nothing to cheat on.

Only when you have THE talk. It just irks me because it's always been that way. You can't have your Sim go on a few dates, get to know several people and see which one you like best. It's always basically designed to stick with one person or go through a break up and have them ****** off for days because of negative moodlets.
    edited June 2011
    Not really. In real life, you can casually go on dates and kiss multiple people without it being cheating. Cheating means that you have made some sort of commitment. Going on a few dates but never asking to be their boyfriend or girlfriend means you aren't committed therefore there's nothing to cheat on.

Only when you have THE talk. It just irks me because it's always been that way. You can't have your Sim go on a few dates, get to know several people and see which one you like best. It's always basically designed to stick with one person or go through a break up and have them ****** off for days because of negative moodlets.

To me, even in real life, you should only be with one person. Sims may not be dating, just talking but still. If you go on dates with different sims, thats different. If you kiss each one on each date and are using romantic interactions its cheating and your considered a player.
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited June 2011

:thumbup:
  • tigerlily319tigerlily319 Posts: 559 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Technically it's okay to date a few people at a time and test the waters, but it becomes cheating when you commit to more than one person. I still don't like the idea of dating more than one person, so I'm not going to argue EA's decision, but I see what the original poster was saying.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited June 2011
    I did like the wiggle room the game had before Generations. I haven't experience this yet, but it now sounds like instead of Mrs C. we have a Big Brother version that sees everything. :P

You better get that Lifetime Reward that makes people not care what your sim does.

I like having my young adult date several sims before choosing the one. I just won't make anyone serious until I'm ready to choose one for them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree. A person can date multiple people and not be a cheater, especialy if people are aware of the situation and its consensual.

I dislike the way that Generations is handling the romantic reputation in this ep.

The no jealousy is also broken. I tested it earlier, and even between 3 sims with no jealousy lifetime award, the sim got a 'betrayed' moodlet, which defeats the purpose of the no jealousy award that states a sim with this trait will never have to deal with the negative affects of jealousy. ORLY? LOL.
  • PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's like that without generations anyways. It makes it seem like "THEIR THE ONE" just becuz of romantic intrest. I miss seperate relationship bars where one could hate them and the other madly in love!
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Well imagine you were flirting with someone and going on dates with them, then you confess that you like them and they say they like you too, but then you see them the next day making out with another person, you'd probably be upset. But by your logic, you weren't technically dating so it wouldn't be a big deal. But you would still be upset, because you'd be jealous. And thats what the sims feel. Jealousy.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow, thanks for the heads up on this one.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited June 2011
    I for the life of me cannot understand how asking someone if they are married or what their star sign is can be classed as a romantic interaction
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2011
    ladynaava wrote:
    I agree. A person can date multiple people and not be a cheater, especialy if people are aware of the situation and its consensual.

I dislike the way that Generations is handling the romantic reputation in this ep.

The no jealousy is also broken. I tested it earlier, and even between 3 sims with no jealousy lifetime award, the sim got a 'betrayed' moodlet, which defeats the purpose of the no jealousy award that states a sim with this trait will never have to deal with the negative affects of jealousy. ORLY? LOL.

The No Jealousy is broken only the first time. Once you confess to cheating, you can woohoo all over town and the No Jealousy works again.

At least for me. Still dont like it. :P
    edited June 2011
    Docsprock wrote:
    The No Jealousy is broken only the first time. Once you confess to cheating, you can woohoo all over town and the No Jealousy works again.

At least for me. Still dont like it. :P

Strange. Will have to try it. Thanks for the tip.
  • jdnnhffjdnnhff Posts: 56 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I read that if you break up with a Romantic Interest you won't get a naughty or a cheater reputation. But you don't have the option to "break up" with them if you weren't "going steady" etc with them in the first place! Therefore, who are you cheating on? Are you supposed to be glued to this person forever for having kissed him after dancing with him? :shock: It's just a big screwed up mess! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! :x
  • Lemon1234Lemon1234 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2011

You can't directly relate the Sims to real life in every aspect. When you wanna get dressed in the morning, you don't just spin around in a circle do you? EA may have over-did the reputation thing, just like they did with the celebrity status, but every since base game if you had several romantic interests you could get caught cheating. You just weren't technically a "Cheater" like in Generations.

Generations <3
    -Lemon
  • Lemon1234Lemon1234 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2011
    ladynaava wrote:

Also, again, the Sims isn't exactly like real life. There isn't really an option to tell one of your girlfriends that she's not the only one, but her be okay with it etc. If you were to 'Confess Attraction' for one girl to another girl in the Sims, she'd get angry with you because in the game it's considered cheating.
  • deviousangel07deviousangel07 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I was having this trouble with one of my sims, there is a solution :)

To make a romantic interest go away, you click on that sim, click on mean, and there will be an option to "just be friends"; it makes the romantic interest thing go away. So, feel free to wine and dine that other sim, woohoo with them until the sun comes up, and then tell them you "just want to be friends" ;)

I discovered this after not having very much success in getting sims to sleep with my sim after she had like, 6 betrayals on her reputation, so I thought maybe I had to break up with them even though I wasn't technically in an exclusive relationship with them.
    edited July 2011
    Perhaps.

The sims 3 is loosely based on real life though. To me, the way the game has implemented the romantic rep is silly and restrictive and poorly done. It takes away from the sandbox style of gameplay many gamers prefer. *I* want to decide my own sim's story. *I* want to decide what is cheating and what is not. The romantic rep, controls sims too much and restricts gameplay and was poorly tested to boot, as anyone who played it would see that it breaks no jealousy.

I know there are people who like this feature. I for one dislike it. It was poorly designed and implemented and is too judgemental for my tastes.
    edited July 2011
    Lemon1234 wrote:
    Also, again, the Sims isn't exactly like real life. There isn't really an option to tell one of your girlfriends that she's not the only one, but her be okay with it etc. If you were to 'Confess Attraction' for one girl to another girl in the Sims, she'd get angry with you because in the game it's considered cheating.

I know its not exactly like real life. But this isn't very fun for some of us either. Its boring and punitive=-)

You shouldn't need to break up with romantic interests. They are romantic interests, nothing more. Whats to break up?
  • BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ladynaava wrote:
    Perhaps.

The sims 3 is loosely based on real life though. To me, the way the game has implemented the romantic rep is silly and restrictive and poorly done. It takes away from the sandbox style of gameplay many gamers prefer. *I* want to decide my own sim's story. *I* want to decide what is cheating and what is not. The romantic rep, controls sims too much and restricts gameplay and was poorly tested to boot, as anyone who played it would see that it breaks no jealousy.

I know there are people who like this feature. I for one dislike it. It was poorly designed and implemented and is too judgemental for my tastes.

Yes totally agree with you. It just wasn't thought out and executed well. I don't hate it, I actually like the idea of reputations especially the eternally faithful and testing the waters or whatever it's called. But the way EA decides what is cheating and what isn't is what I don't like about it. Guess it's not a win win for everyone because their definition of cheating will be different from different players. And the way your sim automatically gets accused of cheating where you can't even cancel the interaction is annoying.
  • BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Personally, I don't think they should get a "Cheater" rep unless they are committed to another Sim, but I think the "Naughty" rep is ok and counting the number of times cheated is ok as long as their overall rep isn't "Cheater". To me the whole point of asking someone to go steady meaning you only want to have a romantic relationship with them only.

If they are not in a commited relationship with another Sim, they should have a different rep. I thought there was a "Player" rep in the game, but I might be mistaken. That would be appropriate. I would love it if they had a "Don Lothario" rep.
  • beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited July 2011
    I like that... But I do agree with you.
  • AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I agree, I don't think having multiple romantic interests is cheating. If it is then what is the difference between having a romantic interest and having a boyfriend/girlfriend? To me, asking someone to go steady means agreeing to be exclusive. That's the whole point. It should be all fair game otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top