Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• rowanenrowanen Posts: 440
    edited June 2011
    I have to say I've been playing this for two day and I love it
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    Update on getting the world onto Exchange. It seems the exchange finally accepted my avatar upload after 30 or so attempts. Kind of silly.

Which means I will just continue to chain upload the world, hopefully it doesn't take 30 attempts as that would be the equivilent of uploading like 3 gigs... my service provider will love me.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2011
    Is it on the exchange yet, if not, do you know when and will you post a download here for the exchange,
    I do so want to download.
    You have done a great job. I love more flat land and that seems to be the problem with a lot of towns.
    Please keep us posted.
    Sorry if I sound pushy, I'm not realy, just guess I would like your town. Do you have to rename it.
  • JewelSkiJewelSki Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hope this is not a silly question but after download this, where exactly do I put it/install it so I can play it?

Thanks so much :)
    edited June 2011
    @JewelSki You don't have to put the downloaded file anywhere special. Just double click the file and it will install.
    edited June 2011
    Ok Thanks, so when i install it and then go play the game it will show up in the thingy so I can select it?

Sorry im Very new to TH3, dont really know what im doing as yet but getting there
    Thanks again so much,, really appreciate it :)
  • BritterflyBritterfly Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2011
    o.O

With this, you have made my Sims dreams come true.

My simmy's (and I) thank you from the bottom of their simmy (+ my human) hearts.

:D:D:D
    edited June 2011
    JewelSki wrote:
    Ok Thanks, so when i install it and then go play the game it will show up in the thingy so I can select it?

Sorry im Very new to TH3, dont really know what im doing as yet but getting there
    Thanks again so much,, really appreciate it :)

Yes the town will show up on your list on the main menu.
    edited June 2011
    Thank you so much :)
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just downloaded it! I can't wait to check it out. Sunset Valley has always been my favourite town.

The lack of space was getting to me though. Thank you!!!

Kamio :D
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • uo_amckayuo_amckay Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    LynxAQ wrote:
    Due to loads of requests, I left work a little earlier and spent my evening adding in the Studio Lot from Night Life.

The new version is currently being uploaded. Unfortunately my war with the exchange is ongoing, so MediaFire will still have to suffice.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for adding this in so quickly! I should be getting my copy of Generations tomorrow and I'm downloading this to start a new game with when I install it. :D

Quickly :O - I spent like 5-6 hours of my evening changing it, but it was needed and I do enjoy making it. Still can't believe I completely forgot about the studio lot to start with.

Quickly from our point of view ;) Seriously, though - you rock. Thank you so, so much!

ETA: Just thought of a question: Will this overwrite the previous Sunset Valley 2nd Edition, or will it make a "third edition", so to speak? :)
  • emmaanneemmaanne Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh. My. Stars. :D I just read this entire thread, and I've decided to download your masterpiece of a neighborhood. *sigh* I've always wanted Sunset Valley to be updated like this. Thank you SO much!
  • kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @kjones You could do what my friend did and bulldozed the entire Summer Hill Court area, as there is alot of new lots here and built a little town area instead. Not sure where she moved the lots that are there.

But it is something to keep in mind for the future should a do another edition, tho after this 2 month slog it won't be for a while sorry :(.

I totally understand! It's a lot of time you have invested and it looks great!
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow... I spent about 4 hours last night adding some new buildings, houses, families and Sims. I really love what you did and appreciate all the hard work that went into this!
  • dytjdytj Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Great work! Just what I wanted and so far haven't found a thing wrong with it. :thumbup:
  • vbrockinvbrockin Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2011
    god, I love you! I really don't care for the other world except Riverview. I only play with Sunset Valley. I was running around trying to figure a way to expand a little :D Thank you!
  • lillyloopin13lillyloopin13 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow that looks awesome!! Great job!!

I'd download it if I was on a PC instead of a mac.
  • BlondieGBlondieG Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thnx!!Just downloaded! 8)
  • LOVESTOSKATELOVESTOSKATE Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited June 2011
    kjones wrote:
    I there space to add a downtown? I love sunset Valley but really like the downtown of Bridgeport..I wish someone could combine the 2 :-)

I'm still combing threw the pages, but I saw this and I quickly thought of Sunset Valley LN edition, which can be downloaded at mods the sims,

You Can Find It Here!

The creator didn't move around roads like you did, but they did knock down some old buildings and added some LN buildings! Hope this helps :D
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited June 2011
    Downloading now. Great job. It's going to be SO perfect! :mrgreen:
  • tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow that looks awesome!! Great job!!

I'd download it if I was on a PC instead of a mac.

Did you try it? Does it not work? I'm on a Mac as well and I downloaded a world ages ago
    through another share site and it worked perfectly (same file for Mac and Windows people).
    I'm really interested in this world so I really hope we can download it also! :-)

OP: I have all EPs but no stuff packs (are they needed?) & thanks this looks amazing :mrgreen:
    edited June 2011
    @tinydancer114 As far as I know, the stuff packs are not required. People have also got it to work without world adventures installed, but I do know that it has world adventure items placed, so not sure how they managed that, unless the game automatically removes the items upon loading.

As far as I know, the file is the same for both Mac and PC, so it should work on a Mac no problem.
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi, I LOVE it!! I have been dying for something like this. But two questions:

1. do you have a version in which the summer hill area looks the same as before? I like the way it is in the original SV. :P

2. do all of the original sunset valley sims still have their previous relationships to each other? or does everyone not know anyone else in the town?
    edited June 2011
    Hi, I LOVE it!! I have been dying for something like this. But two questions:

1. do you have a version in which the summer hill area looks the same as before? I like the way it is in the original SV. :P

2. do all of the original sunset valley sims still have their previous relationships to each other? or does everyone not know anyone else in the town?

I am afraid I don't have a version with the original Summer Hill. They have their starting relationships the exact same as the original Sunset Valley.
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow it looks really cool :D I will definitely download it once I get the time :D
    My chaotic simblr
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top