Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To all the simmers who have problems with generations!

It's NOT the game, it's your computer, it must be old, or have a lot of files on it, because my computer is semi new, and my game works perfectly! OR try uninstalling and then install it again.

Comments

• SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2011
    You should also check out your Data Execution Prevention details

Sometimes you need to add exceptions for your sims 3 applications (all the eps not just the base) to dep.

My generations game was crashing and I changed the dep exceptions (to make sure all sims 3 applications were in the exceptions list and now it's working.
  • thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Or maybe your just lucky - try to be kind and considerate to those less fortunate than you instead of being quite mean and offensive. I have got a very good computer, and have also got bugs. Can you please explain that one. Also, I have a 1TB (that's 1000MB) hard drvie with 500MB (half a TB) left - I am really interested to hear your explanation for my game's problems.

Still, please refrain from being so negative and a supercilious thing.
  • KayleighmartinKayleighmartin Posts: 754 Member
    edited June 2011
    iv been trying to say this for ages but no one listens! Iv got a pretty new computer and my game works fine iv never had any problems i had was with bad CC...my own fault i removed them and its fine now! They wouldn't make some games with problems and some without!
  • Laurita0326Laurita0326 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2011
    How can I check my DEP files, Simango? I am still waiting to receive my copy of Generations but I'm trying to prepare myself for possible fixes in case I run into problems others are encountering.

Colmanjes, I hope mine runs as smoothly as yours does!
  • BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited June 2011
    colmanjes wrote:
    It's NOT the game, it's your computer, it must be old, or have a lot of files on it, because my computer is semi new, and my game works perfectly! OR try uninstalling and then install it again.

That's not true. My computer is fairly new, a few months old actually, and I have plenty of free space on my hard drive. It's better than the recommended system requirements. Granted I don't have a lot of problems like other players but there are some bugs like body hair not sticking and sims stuck or disappears if you try to recall your teen back from boarding school. Since other people have similar problems it has to be the game. You were just one of the lucky ones that have no problems.
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2011
    How can I check my DEP files, Simango? I am still waiting to receive my copy of Generations but I'm trying to prepare myself for possible fixes in case I run into problems others are encountering.

Go to your control panel
    Click on System
    Click Advanced System Settings
    A message might come up asking for confirmation, click ok
    Under Advanced tab click the settings button (under performance)
    Click on Data Execution Prevention tab
    Click "turn on dep for all programs and services except those I select"
    Then add all the sims 3 files to the exceptions. (Like the application files that you'd click if you wanted to run the game)

I have Vista though, might be different for you...

Maybe people do have problems with their computers but it's not just because they're old...some are new, but it really doesn't help anything giving out to them. It's not their fault they have problems.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2011
    You can't say for sure what their issues are since you know nothing about them or their computer. For all you know you haven't done anything that may trigger bugs in your own game yet and they are just waiting for the right conditions to glitch up.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • colmanjescolmanjes Posts: 62
    edited June 2011
    thesimling wrote:
    Or maybe your just lucky - try to be kind and considerate to those less fortunate than you instead of being quite mean and offensive. I have got a very good computer, and have also got bugs. Can you please explain that one. Also, I have a 1TB (that's 1000MB) hard drvie with 500MB (half a TB) left - I am really interested to hear your explanation for my game's problems.

I'm being mean?! I am trying to help, and thats your problem not mine, I was just trying to help, and also a lot of people who pre-ordered DO have problems, I bought mine from Target, and mine works fine, but for you to tell me I'm being negative? Hop off please.
    edited June 2011

I hope yours does work good!
  • KayleighmartinKayleighmartin Posts: 754 Member
    edited June 2011
    colmanjes wrote:
    thesimling wrote:

I'm being mean?! I am trying to help, and thats your problem not mine, I was just trying to help, and also a lot of people who pre-ordered DO have problems, I bought mine from Target, and mine works fine, but for you to tell me I'm being negative? Hop off please.

Lol 'hope off'!!! never heard that before funny :lol:
    edited June 2011
    colmanjes wrote:
    thesimling wrote:

Lol 'hope off'!!! never heard that before funny :lol:

LOL, I'm glad you found that funny(:
  • StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2011
    I had issues but it wasn't my computer which I purchased from best buy back in march of this year. My computer froze with generation but I uninstalled then reinstalled and had no more issues
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
    edited June 2011
    I had issues but it wasn't my computer which I purchased from best buy back in march of this year. My computer froze with generation but I uninstalled then reinstalled and had no more issues

See, thats what I said , uninstall then reinstall, I'm semi right(x
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2011
    Where do we find these people. :thumbdown:

For shame Colmanjes :oops: You shouldn't presume to know what other's problems are. BTW, you aren't just helping, your being smug and insensitive.

My computer is not old nor I do not have as many glitches or problems as others and I would never presume to tell others that it's their computer.

BTW, I can't get Generations to play longer than 2 or 3 minutes. Any smarmy suggestions about how to fix that. :evil:

Edit: spelling
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • lipsugarlipsugar Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2011
    Well my pc and card are suited for the game, so it says and i have 8gb memory. Anyway my game just crashes to desktop. Yes i have done the DEP thing. It is always the same with every expansion pack. I feel there will be another patch soon. I have took out my mods folder too. Oh shame. As i had to wait till the 3rd to get the game, now more waiting. Looks like another long night of doing everything to get it to work. My sim moved into house then it crashed. I haven't even seen the new stuff in game yet. :( .
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2011
    well to add my 2 cents. lol. just had to. my computer is 3 years old, upgraded as far as i can. OK what i did find out, is that sometimes when i go to save after long long hours of playing, i would suddenly get the error 12. did some messing around and found my cpu and my ram was at max use on saves that were huge. So it would crash. Since generations though i am running smoother, but i still have the car lag thing, stop/go so mod for that, but no other mods. Since putting in that mod, no more stop/go lag. OK, now the only other thing i have seen that is a bit icky is that you can't take pictures with the camaras anymore and have to reset sim if you try. or they stand forever in the place u asked them to take picture at. other than that, i have a fair computer, not great not low end, and diff. not old. but it does create a few problems that tell me i need to get a new one, because its no way to update anymore.
  • MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited June 2011
    People, don't forget that there are many age groups represented here. I'm sure colmanjes is just trying her best to help others. I don't think her intentions are to be mean.

That said, colmanjes, it is true that your suggestions are not of a technical nature and are far from being helpful in this case. Just for future reference : evoking that the problem is due to other people's products, just because yours runs fine and is semi-new is hardly an acceptable diagnosis and may be seen as insulting to others because, in a way, it is true that you are jumping to conclusions by stating that.

Thanks for the good intention though. 8)
    edited June 2011
    Michabean wrote:
    People, don't forget that there are many age groups represented here. I'm sure colmanjes is just trying her best to help others. I don't think her intentions are to be mean.

That said, colmanjes, it is true that your suggestions are not of a technical nature and are far from being helpful in this case. Just for future reference : evoking that the problem is due to other people's products, just because yours runs fine and is semi-new is hardly an acceptable diagnosis and may be seen as insulting to others because, in a way, it is true that you are jumping to conclusions by stating that.

Thanks for the good intention though. 8)

I was just trying to help, I am fourteen and I know a lot about computers, If you uninstall is and reinstall it , it would help people.
  • Mecy504Mecy504 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2011
    YOU ALL REALLY NEED TO BACK OFF. SHE IS A CHILD. YOU CAN OVIOUSLY TELL BY HER POST. SHE IS JUST TRYING TO HELP. LIKE SOMEONE STATED, THERE ARE ALOT OF CHILDREN ON THIS SITE. YOU ALL DONT HAVE TO POST COMMENTS IF, THEY OFFEND YOU.
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm well to add another two cents worth, I have a fairly new computer well above spec.
    This is the first time in the saga of TS3 that this has happened to me. Up until I installed Late Night I had a problem free game. I was one of the blessed!!!
    After Late Night game began to lag, turned out to be build up of cars and items in inventories bloating the game. Was forced to take the plunge and install Twallans Overwatch Mod.
    Hey Presto a fully playable game once more.
    After carefully removing all mods etcetera and installing and updating....
    Constant crashes within five seconds of starting a game!!!.
    Seems I am no longer one of the blessed!!
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited June 2011
    colmanjes wrote:

Actually you're wrong I have a 4 year old computer that used to play it And the graphics card wasn't supposed to work with it. And I had a friend that bought a brand new computer and it still didn't play her game.

After a while the graphics went, and I got a new computer, and I still have problems now and then and this one is supposed to run it perfectly. So no, in my case it is the game not the computer.
  • SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Mecy504 wrote:
    YOU ALL REALLY NEED TO BACK OFF. SHE IS A CHILD. YOU CAN OVIOUSLY TELL BY HER POST. SHE IS JUST TRYING TO HELP. LIKE SOMEONE STATED, THERE ARE ALOT OF CHILDREN ON THIS SITE. YOU ALL DONT HAVE TO POST COMMENTS IF, THEY OFFEND YOU.

Normally I would agree with you. But her first post came off as rude, therefore people are going to reply to her as rude. By her age she should know not to assume anything about anyone she doesn't know. How does she know that everyone who is having problems with her games is due to having an old computer? I have a friend that just bought a new computer with the perfect specs to play sims and it still won't. So her logic in that matter was invalid. Just because her game works perfectly on her "semi new computer" doesn't mean it works perfectly for someone else who has the same "semi new computer"

Respect is earned when respect is given.
  • itsEliseyitsElisey Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2011
    How ignorant. In some cases, it IS an individuals computer, CC, or Mods that cause an issue within the game. But the problems that many are having stem from the game itself. You are 14 and claim to know all about computers, but uninstalling and reinstalling is not the answer to everything. Your posts comes off as rude and arrogant. If you're 14, then you should realize how you are coming off to people. Presenting yourself as a smug know-it-all will get you no where. There are requirements on the back of the Sims games for a reason; those who go by those requirements and meet them should be able to play the game. Many even exceed these requirements and have bugs and glitches that make their game unplayable. Before you post such a ridiculous thread, please try and know what you're talking about.

It is all fine and dandy that you're lucky enough that your game runs fine, but there are others who literally can't play their games. I haven't reached that point but I do have bugs. For example, I can't excavate in World Adventures. That started months ago even before I put mods or CC into my game. And for your information, I fixed a good portion of my game with Twallan's mods. If it were my computer and not the game, his mods would not have worked.
    edited June 2011
    itsElisey wrote:
    How ignorant. In some cases, it IS an individuals computer, CC, or Mods that cause an issue within the game. But the problems that many are having stem from the game itself. You are 14 and claim to know all about computers, but uninstalling and reinstalling is not the answer to everything. Your posts comes off as rude and arrogant. If you're 14, then you should realize how you are coming off to people. Presenting yourself as a smug know-it-all will get you no where. There are requirements on the back of the Sims games for a reason; those who go by those requirements and meet them should be able to play the game. Many even exceed these requirements and have bugs and glitches that make their game unplayable. Before you post such a ridiculous thread, please try and know what you're talking about.

It is all fine and dandy that you're lucky enough that your game runs fine, but there are others who literally can't play their games. I haven't reached that point but I do have bugs. For example, I can't excavate in World Adventures. That started months ago even before I put mods or CC into my game. And for your information, I fixed a good portion of my game with Twallan's mods. If it were my computer and not the game, his mods would not have worked.

I did not come off rude, you don't know me , this post that I'm posting IS coming off rude, because this post makes me mad, I wasn't coming off rude, I was trying to help and YES uninstalling and reinstalling does help with A LOT of people, so YOU don't need to be rude to me, for trying to help people who are insulting me, don't comment on this again, thanks.
    edited June 2011
    Mecy504 wrote:

Thanks!(: