Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2011
    My only problem is that it keeps asking me if I want to uninstall, and then on the launcher it says I have an update and when I click update, it doesn't do anything but then the launcher says I'm updating...so I can't do anything aha

I don't have any CC or Mods.
  • Options
    Dove_CGDove_CG Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Sorry if any of this has already been mentioned. I read the first few pages then went to the end because I didn't want to slog through all 32.

Anyway, I have the base game and the patches with only a few store items (though I was planning on buying the first three expansions today.) I never use Mods and the only CC that I have are some patterns I downloaded through the exchange. I made the mistake of not saving my files in a separate location first but I have only played in one of my saved files since updating. (I was starting a Legacy Challenge though so all I wanted to do was basically get Tamara Donner pregnant again, so I'd have some more children for the next gen to potentially marry, before switching to my freshly made Founder for the duration.)

One of the kids lost the Handiness skill he gained from playing with the blocks (at least I think he did... he has a twin brother, so sometimes I get them a little mixed up.) The biggest problem was however the fridge! They ate the leftovers from the main plate but couldn't eat any of the individual dishes and I can no longer remove anything from it. I tried deleting the fridge and buying another one but it changed nothing. I haven't yet tried making another meal to place in it, after emptying the fridge entirely, or emptying the fridge and then buying it again. I also had some trouble with grabbing items and deleting them in the inventory. :(

After that, when I switched to the Legacy Founder, she initially couldn't go into the Gym! I couldn't click through the levels of the building to see inside either, it was greyed out initially. I tried sending her away and then back to the gym. I also tried reclassification. First to a park and then back to a gym. Then to a residential lot and back to a gym. I don't remember if I sent her away before or after the latter classification. Either way it started working after that but it gave me a horrible scare! I've never had a problem with this before so I'm assuming the patch was to blame.

Oh, and with my Sim family before that, they lost some major wants! Everyone in the family was missing their family member related desires. It wasn't a huge loss but it was very frustrating, particularly since this probably means it will happen in some of my other saved games.
  • Options
    ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is my original message: My game is working quite well. I went into CAS to recolor clothing and found that everything that was in the misc. folder was gone. To correct the problem I added colors to it. After less than 60 secs I went back to the folder to find the new additions missing.

I know it's a very minor glitch, but a bit annoying. My game includes all expansion and stuff packs and is this my first problem with the CAS. Of course, that excludes all the third party cc that I downloaded with the sims and houses I got from the exchange.

To answer your questions: No, I have more than just stuff from the base game and its expansion packs. I also have all the stuff that came along with a house that I downloaded from the exchange, and a Sim that was downloaded from the same source.

No, I didn't delete the cache folder.

What I tried to do was work around the problem by putting anything that would go into the misc. folder into favorites. While I was redecorating a house so that Bumper could move in there was a long lag in time to change the different categories. I learned to deal with it. Then after about one hour I found that it was not possible any more to change categories.

I have never seen anyone post a message on the forum with the same problem. :?:

Thanks very much for replying so quickly. It's very much appreciated. :D

• Options
    Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited June 2011
    ty crincrit you are a very nice and smart person!

Why do I have to delete the cache? What has it to do with overwatch... Isn't it enough when I delete the old version (put it on the desktop and than deleted it) and instead put the new version of overwatch in the same folder???

and another question... i tried to download 1.22 but it says it takes forever! And when its finished, how could I get it in the launcher? or where??? :shock:
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    No wonder I keep failing that Photo Opprotunity. The game isn't counting the photos you take in WA worlds anymore. I have five photos from France, all of them saying they are from Champs Les Sims, but the opprotunity still says I have 0/5. I can't complete it now. :(

Also, upon traveling back the second time home to Sunset Valley, my Sim stood in front of his house in a T pose for a minute before he reseted and walked into his house like he was suppose to.
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The 'no jealousy' lifetime rewards is now borked. It lets a sim get a negative moodlet from 'accuse of cheating' even if all parties have the no jealousy reward. The purpose of the reward is that the sim NOT have to deal with the negative affects of jealousy. Generations borked that reward up to be totally useless.

Plus the rumor mill thing is really silly. The only way people should know about cheating is if there is something public going on. "People starting to talk about the realtionship" when, er, they haven't left their own home is a bit annoying.
  • Options
    DarkskyeDarkskye Posts: 132
    edited June 2011
    About my sim that just vanished, she was a maid in the game and not a sim I created. Not sure if that matters but fiqure any info could be useful, maybe LOL.
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Family can't travel if a family playable ghost is in the game. Get a popup "someone is in the process of dying." :?

Edit : don't know if this is an ongoing bug from last EP, as this is 1st time I've had a playable family ghost
  • Options
    simsluver6994simsluver6994 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2011
    There are actually a few problems.
    I have Generations installed and I'm guessing that it is causing the problem because I've never had this happen before. I was playing away, had the father go on a trip to China alone because he loves martial arts. He keeps going to the market and purchasing the board breaker and the dummy thing, and the message comes up saying that they're in the family inventory. However, when he gets home they are not there in the inventory.
    Also, this last time he came home I decided to have him age up his son into a toddler by use of the testingcheatsenabled true. After that neither him nor his son could interact with the wife/mother or anything that wasn't Generations related. I quit the game then re-started it and selected that family and the father and son's images went green. I can hover over them and their names appear but I cannot select them, nor can the mother interact with them.
    Please help me? ... (edit: I have tried doing the 'resetsim firstname lastname' cheat. It did not work.

I have Generations, Late Night, and World Adventures installed. And of course the base game. I would tell the updates and the numbers that you ask for, but now my task launcher will no longer come up either. As far as I know I have no mods, and I only instal custom content from thesims3.com. I do not use any cheats other than testingcheatsenabled and the occasional motherlode.

I really want to play my game so I am willing to do anything now, if you tell me how to do it.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    crinrict wrote:

@Stinalina: Long post. EA has not popped in or made this sticky. Feels like they are not reading this forum at all. Oh well, what else is new.

- I'll gladly add that link, yes
    - I guess, I'll need to make a little Mac section on the first page. I'll have to figure that out first. Not being on a mac myself and not having read much about it, there is no help I can offer though.
    - I'll gladly take extra info on a bug, but if it's on the list and you have nothing to add, you don't need to post it.
    - Some of the infos, I post in this answer posts are more notes to myself, so I know what to add later.

Ok to your bugs.

1) I'll add the baby/toddler thing although I think it's more of an oversight than an actual bug.
    2) Teen Party: Maybe the fact that they get caught throwing a party is reason enough to scold them ? I'll add
    3) I think you should add your suggestions to some suggestion thread. Think they are good.
    4) I can't tell you how good that Mac is but 2 GB of RAM is usually rather on the low end.
    5) I'll add the long-action-taking thing.
    6) Butlers and maids are an existing issue, so won't add.

Hi crinrict, thanks for your answer. Your still not a sticky?!? When i saw your answer yesterday i could not log in - can you imagine?! Maybe thats why the Guru's are so silent?! :D

Sorry about my long post, i tent to over explain. I will try to avoid posting about known problems. Thanks for adding the link, i hope they will see it, instead of everyone just posting new "help..." treads.

The Mac section is red with troubles, but its a mess, many post new links instead of adding, or reading... I guess you cant imagine that either ;) I wish someone could make a tread like yours over there, your so organist! And I dont expect you to do it, you have taken on a lot already! Im not very techie, so i would not be much help. - I have screen grabs of my issues, i dont even know how to post :)

i played again last night, until my game crashed again, so im playing the same events over and over again, so i get some practice in it :)

Let me try to reply short:

1. I agree
    2. The notification specifically said he got scolded for the mess. (Last night after the teen party, the same notification came up, but was cancelled before the adult reached him)
    3. I will consider it again... but kind if think no one look there either... At least you read it :)
    4. It is small, i know, but i love my white Macbook, and im always on the move, so it has to work. But realized im playing a 64x64 lot with 7 sims, much more than i usually play, but did not see it prior to G.
    5. Thank you
    6. Its fine, just thought i would add it still not fixed.

I have a few adds after last game:

- I play a stylist profession, she'e only level 1. She has the interaction to talk about fashion, but cant offer make-overs to other random sims. She has to go to a make-over podium to offer it. Thinks its broken.
    When see go to her "waiting jobs" the sims always cancel on her. So i took her to the salon, offered someone a makeover (went to CAS and picked everything out), when i accepted he was wearing something crazy! - Like the bad makeover job. He got angry and she did not get the opportunity to add it to her portfolio.
    Im not sure if this could happen before, but i have never seen it, so i guess that Generations somehow messed up the stylist profession.

- When my adult sims where sent to the free vacation, they all came back with a blood red energy meter. - But had the mood icon of free vacation. (still lost their wishes)

- I have noticed things are stuck in the inventories. Like newspapers and a few other items i cant remember. I cant get them to recycle, clean up or drag them out.

- I had the option to throw a bachelor party, so i did. My household is two families and a single thats engaged. The baby and the toddler also attended this party... Thanks to cheats i could leave them happy in the cribs, but it just seem odd. Not sure if its neglect again, but would be nice with a nanny-take-away!
    Im pretty sure one girl was a stripper... "Interestingly" dressed! Im not sure if they are suppose to do anything? But she just hanged out. Unless there where two of them in the complete same body/clothes/hair, she changed her name while she was there...? It was strange.

- One last thing, sorry if its me that has not done my homework well enough, but i gave my toddler the invisible doll, but it cant interact with it. Maybe its only for children...?

Edit: I checked in to the doll thing, and i did it wrong, thought it was one of the dolls you can get in buy mood. Sorry. I learned you get it in the mail... if you get it.

About your question about patch, im not sure i understand it, but i dont get a new offer on a patch. After my manual patching generations are the 8.0.152.... But i dont know how to check the patch numbers for previous XP/SP/base game. Sorry.

Sorry for the long post again! This tread moves fast and i know you have a lot to read :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited June 2011
    my Sim's nectar rack was full of nectar before i installed generations. Now when i try to have my sim grab nectar it's saying that the rack has nectar in but there is nothing inside and when i click "manage" it shows i have none. (i have the nectar rack in France)anyone been getting that problem?
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2011
    JaanaDruid wrote:
    Family can't travel if a family playable ghost is in the game. Get a popup "someone is in the process of dying." :?

Edit : don't know if this is an ongoing bug from last EP, as this is 1st time I've had a playable family ghost
    Nope, my LN ghosts can travel just fine.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have come across two minor glitches, and I think I may know what caused them.

Body hair not sticking. Once Simis had full body hair, but now ever since I made him change out of his brown knitwear and planned a new outfit, it's dissappeared. The game still thinks it's there as the "Get waxed" option is available at the spa. I shall have to see whether or not the salon will work.

Kids not going to afterschool activities. This glitch appears to be caused by field trips, as everytime a child goes to school now after a field trip, it says "field trip" instead of "learning", even though no trip is on. They just leave at the end of the school day, no bus to collect them, and they refuse to go to class (though for some strange reason once they leave at the end of the day, "field trip" changes to "missing afterschool activity".

I have no CC or mods. I would appreciate if someone would test this out in their game to see if this is the case.

P.S, does anyone know if the salon resets sms ages still or have they fixed it?
  • Options
    mandyrobin2mandyrobin2 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2011
    My sims can't move out. I've tried kicking the others out, and then trying to move the ones I want. It just freezes at Proccessing after you say ok
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My sims can't move out. I've tried kicking the others out, and then trying to move the ones I want. It just freezes at Proccessing after you say ok
    I had that problem once. Did you reload your saved game and try it again? I did that with the family I had that problem with, and it worked the second time around.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited June 2011
    When I use the "Makeout" interaction, my sims reset to a different part of the house! I think this one is on your list, but now my Sim is stuck forever pregnant! She had a baby boy, but her bump won't go away, and the interactions on the dresser are still grayed out! I did try "reset Sim" and moving them in and out of the house, no luck! I have Twallans Error trap and Overwatch, the ones he updated today! I only put them in to try and fix this issue, I had the problems before the mods! Thanks!

Edit: Sorry I should also say I have Generations installed with the patch, so I have game version 8.0! I have all EP's and SP's (not Fast lane)!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'll get back to you later. Have to investigate some stuff regarding patch that's being offered.

Could you guys tell me, if get another patch in your launcher and what version it's showing ? If you installed it, what versions does your game now have for your latest add-on (not gen though) and the base game ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have one that I don't see listed. It happened when my teen sims were sent to boarding school. The mom recalls them but their pic (the face shots to the left) doesn't show there and when I click on their face icon nothing happens. They just aren't there. The camera doesn't even go to where they are which it usually does under normal circumstances. It's like they are stuck in limbo or something trying to get home. When I go to edit town view nothing is clickable. Everything is gone save the neighborhood screen. I tried moving them, switching to another household, resetsim cheat, but nothing.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2011
    UPDATE: Testers required!

I think I may have found a solution for the aforementioned body hair dissapearance glitch, but it requires Ambitions.

So if your King Kong has turned balder than Colin Mochorie, this may be a solution.

Step 1) Travel to your nearest makeover station.

Step 2) Use it.

Step 3) Apply as much body hair to your heart's content.

Step 4) And this is the important part, something that you cannot do on a normal mirror, switch to the clothing tab. (I'm not sure if this part is important or not, but my test subject was wearing swimwear at the time)

Step 5) Once you select the clothing tab, THEN accept.

Now your male sim should be hairy again, though I'm not sure if this was a random fluke/glitch (like the TS2OFB custom uniform bug). So could other simmers suffering from bald eagles please test my possible cure and report back, thank you!

P.S, using the makeover station no longer resets a sim's life stage, not sure if this was fixed ages ago, but up until now I was positive it resetted a sim's age.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    I'll get back to you later. Have to investigate some stuff regarding patch that's being offered.

Could you guys tell me, if get another patch in your launcher and what version it's showing ? If you installed it, what versions does your game now have for your latest add-on (not gen though) and the base game ?
    I did get the new patch today, and I installed it.

Base Game - 1.22.9
    World Adventures - 2.3.33
    HELS - 3.2.8
    Ambitions - 4.2.32
    FLS - 5.0.44
    Late Night - 6.1.11
    OLS - 7.3.2

Launcher is now 7.3.2 as well. Before the update, it was 7.0.

I'll be starting a new testing game after work tonight, as well as seeing what kind of bugs I have in my current testing game as a result of this new patch. (Which means I'll be testing the photography and Relationship bugs again!! Yay!! :lol:)
  • Options
    mandyrobin2mandyrobin2 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I had that problem once. Did you reload your saved game and try it again? I did that with the family I had that problem with, and it worked the second time around.

Yeah I did 3 or 4 times lol

And another thing, my sim is forever stuck with the sneaking out walk. I've tried resetting her, deleting all CC but that's how she walks now.
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thetford wrote:
    UPDATE: Testers required!

I think I may have found a solution for the aforementioned body hair dissapearance glitch, but it requires Ambitions.

So if your King Kong has turned balder than Colin Mochorie, this may be a solution.

Step 1) Travel to your nearest makeover station.

Step 2) Use it.

Step 3) Apply as much body hair to your heart's content.

Step 4) And this is the important part, something that you cannot do on a normal mirror, switch to the clothing tab. (I'm not sure if this part is important or not, but my test subject was wearing swimwear at the time)

Step 5) Once you select the clothing tab, THEN accept.

Now your male sim should be hairy again, though I'm not sure if this was a random fluke/glitch (like the TS2OFB custom uniform bug). So could other simmers suffering from bald eagles please test my possible cure and report back, thank you!

P.S, using the makeover station no longer resets a sim's life stage, not sure if this was fixed ages ago, but up until now I was positive it resetted a sim's age.

Ok might be worth trying. I might have a solution to the body hair problem. I haven't tried it on all my old sims yet. It has worked for the few I tried on so far.

So my theory is I think it's bugged by your sims career outfits. This applies to sims created pre generations as I have tested body hair for new sims and they stick right away in cas or pre gen sims placed in your bin. So to fix this you have to either quit your sim's job or if you have master controller you can change the level of the job by demoting your sim and them promote them back to whatever level it is. Yes that is all! I did that and the body hair sticks.

And this fixes another problem I'm not sure if anyone has ever encountered. For the athletics career your game counts (the loss and wins per season and total etc) won't tally if your sim was saved to bin and placed in a new neighborhood.
  • Options
    fungamer2fungamer2 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if this this has been addressed. I looked through all the pages and could only find one of my two problems was addressed.
    The first problem was buying the big items in WA China and then it not showing up in my sims inventory or the family inventory. I can see this is being looked into...
    But, my other problem is that when I travel to France, on the second day, my game crashes to the windows desktop. :shock: I had this problem the day before Generations came out and then again when I installed Generations. It only happens when I have my sim travel to France. It didn't happen in the other destinations.
    I only have one mod which is Treeag-Book of Talents and I do have CC, but I've these all before with no problems
    I do have all my games in the DEP and even the two files that were mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
    Please advise..

Thanks again for taking the time to read this and help...much appreciated :mrgreen:

EDIT: Also, my games I have
    Base Game: v1.22
    WA: v2.0
    HELS: v3.0
    Ambitions: v4.7
    LN: v6.2
    OLS: v7.0

Generations: v8.0 (for the record)

• Options
    simsluver6994simsluver6994 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Stupid me, the launcher wasn't opening because it was in the taskbar and I'm not used to Windows 7 yet (it wasn't showing but it was running).

So my versions are as follows
    Base Game ~ 1.22.9.011001
    World Adventures ~ 2.14.4.010001
    Ambitions ~ 4.7.4.010001
    Late Night ~ 6.2.4.010001
    Generations ~ 8.0.152.011001

And I also have Origin installed now. ... If that means anything.
  • Options
    goofball68goofball68 Posts: 294
    edited June 2011
    I have a new problem for you.

In "Edit Town" I cannot place new lots.
    For example, if I have a lot in the bin, (even EA's default lots) when I click "Place copy" there are NO spaces available to place the lot onto. I know I am doing this correctly because I've never had a problem before. There are big enough empty lot spaces available but as soon as I click "place copy" all the available lot spaces disappear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top