Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boarding School Effects QUESTION

Does anyone know what the full effects of the boarding schools are yet? I've been trying to find a thread with this in it already, but have had no luck. I mean, obviously there's the Athletic and the Art schools, but what skills does the Military school level? Or the Prep School (Logic only?)? Or the Peace and Love school (Charisma?)?

Comments

• perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't know, but I will add that sims who attend the Peace and Love school can give other sims the peace sign as a friendly interaction :)
  • cheylilcheylil Posts: 23
    edited June 2011
    Well, i had a teenager go to the military school as a child and a teenager when he came out he was in great shape and he fuflied his life long dream as an astronaunt.
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2011
    Military- you get salute interaction
    Hippie school (forgot the name)- get peace sign interaction
    Don't know about the others yet.
    353235_b.jpg
  • kk23kk23 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yeah military school grads can salute.
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited June 2011
    My Sim gained at the Military school, 1 extra point in athletic, 2 extra points in fishing, then had added skills of Handy level 2, writing level 5 photography level 2 and Martial Arts level 2.

He can salute, and is working his way up the Military nicely.

Not sure what the other schools add.
  • DarkCoon9DarkCoon9 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Sabrosa wrote:
    My Sim gained at the Military school, 1 extra point in athletic, 2 extra points in fishing, then had added skills of Handy level 2, writing level 5 photography level 2 and Martial Arts level 2.

He can salute, and is working his way up the Military nicely.

Not sure what the other schools add.

Oh, that's cushy. Thanks for the answer. The main reason I ask is that I have a Sim with 4 kids (1 is a vampire from her and her husband (pre-mortem), 1 is a vampire ghost from her and her husband (post-mortem), one is her normal stepson from her husband, who died due to sun exposure, and the last is her living vampire son's imaginary friend made real.) So I sent the normal one to art school, the vampires are at prep school, and the imaginary friend is at peace and love school. I was mostly just curious to see if anyone knew yet what the effects were, since they probably change over time.

I'll let you guys know how it goes when they graduate, I guess.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited June 2011
    At the school of peace and love my sim learned the gardening, nectar making, fishing, and another skill that I can't remember.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

edited June 2011
    DarkCoon9 wrote:
    Oh, that's cushy. Thanks for the answer. The main reason I ask is that I have a Sim with 4 kids (1 is a vampire from her and her husband (pre-mortem), 1 is a vampire ghost from her and her husband (post-mortem), one is her normal stepson from her husband, who died due to sun exposure, and the last is her living vampire son's imaginary friend made real.) So I sent the normal one to art school, the vampires are at prep school, and the imaginary friend is at peace and love school. I was mostly just curious to see if anyone knew yet what the effects were, since they probably change over time.

Your family made me laugh. What a crazy bunch!
    edited June 2011

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4160275
    This is the Exchange link prior to sending the youngest three to boarding school, if you want to see what they look like before.
    edited June 2011
    DarkCoon9 wrote:

This is the Exchange link prior to sending the youngest three to boarding school, if you want to see what they look like before.

What child is she holding? He looks almost deformed, like his legs are too long!
    edited June 2011
    DarkCoon9 wrote:

What child is she holding? He looks almost deformed, like his legs are too long!

That's the vampire-ghost toddler. He doesn't photograph well, it seems. I've noticed that on the lot picture, now that he's grown to childhood, he shows up as more of a wavy air disturbance. It looks like the ground is sizzling or something.

Actually I just found out recently that if there's a ghost sim in your household, you can't travel, because "someone is in the process of dying."
    edited June 2011
    That's crazy; I never knew they couldn't travel. I'll remember not to have any ghost babies if I want to do that.

Thanks for sharing your story!
  • SaturnLunaSaturnLuna Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I sent one of my sons to prep school and he came back for prom and hasn't been back to prep school since. Now, he doesn't go to school at all. It still says he enrolled in boarding school, but, he isn't going anywhere!!!!!!
  • lillyloopin13lillyloopin13 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2011
    That hippy school actually sounds pretty productive! My fave sims are the ones who garden and make their own nectar haha.

Does anyone know what the Prep school offers skill-wise?
  • Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2011
    DarkCoon9 wrote:

Me too! I think my head exploded a little trying to keep the family connection straight.. Lol!
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hippie school (forgot the name)- get peace sign interaction.

:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • jess101jess101 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2011
    SaturnLuna wrote:
    I sent one of my sons to prep school and he came back for prom and hasn't been back to prep school since. Now, he doesn't go to school at all. It still says he enrolled in boarding school, but, he isn't going anywhere!!!!!!

same with me! i sent my son to boarding school and just before he became a teenager he came home and hasn't gone to school since!

anyone have any help???? xxx
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2011
    That hippy school actually sounds pretty productive! My fave sims are the ones who garden and make their own nectar haha.

Does anyone know what the Prep school offers skill-wise?

I have 6 kids in the Prep School, so far 4 have come back (the 2 Vampire, Ghost Children are still out there not sure if it's a bug but hey).

So far they have received:

Snob, Ambitious, Charisma Skill gain and Writing Skill gain.

Haven't lost any traits still not sure if they have a unique social yet.

J.
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited June 2011
    I got a message from my sims son who goes to Smuggleworths it said "Yesterday at Prep School I learned how to fake sincerity. Ah....I love you so much.

It did make me chuckle abit but now I need for them to call him up :)
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited June 2011

http://simsvip.com/?page_id=1877

Check out this link to a game guide, you can get some answers about boarding
    schools.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited September 2011
    I got a message from my sims son who goes to Smuggleworths it said "Yesterday at Prep School I learned how to fake sincerity. Ah....I love you so much.

It did make me chuckle abit but now I need for them to call him up :)

my sons in my legacy are booted off to boarding school since I have no use for them..since they're aren't girls. And I just got two pop-ups from my eldest son to come home

"Gilbert is sick of snops at Prep school. May he come home?" (pop up from yesterday's play-time)

"Prep school can chew Gilbert's tie. You can practically hear him stomping through the phone. May he come home?"

6adMCGP.gif