Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    @BrightFashion No you do not need Generations or Fast Lane Stuff (Confirmed) Pack (Not sure atm about the other 2 stuff packs). But I did make a conscious effort to not use stuff pack items.

Only requirements that are definate atm is WA, Ambitions and Late Night.
  • Talamaine2Talamaine2 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2011
    looks great! I'll put it in my game and give it a go. I sure love sunset valley but yes I was getting concerned about running out of space myself!

Thanks!
  • momof3kidzmomof3kidz Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2011
    :D Wow was waiting for something like this! I am sooo not good at making towns so this is extremely cool of you! :lol:
  • SimStar337SimStar337 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I downloaded this yesterday and just want to say its amazing :D The firs SV just seemed so boring and empty to play in... this ones great and its before I even have generations! ;)
  • MissMelissaAnneMissMelissaAnne Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2011
    Are we able to collect stuff?
  • MissMelissaAnneMissMelissaAnne Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2011
    Like seeds, rocks, etc.....
  • DyskoDysko Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This is incredible! I loved SV but stopped using it after Ambitions due to lack of room. I'm bookmarking it and will install it in some time when I get Generations. Thank you for sharing your work!
  • BrightFashionBrightFashion Posts: 4,090 New Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @BrightFashion No you do not need Generations or Fast Lane Stuff (Confirmed) Pack (Not sure atm about the other 2 stuff packs). But I did make a conscious effort to not use stuff pack items.

Only requirements that are definate atm is WA, Ambitions and Late Night.

Ah, okay. I have all them so I'll be downloading it later! It looks great!
  • PriokaPrioka Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2011
    this is awesome!What a fantastic job! I have a question, I have all of the expansions and stuff packs ( expect generations) however, I havent download Riverview to my game... Do I have to in order to have your World on my game? I am sorry if this sounds silly but I am not good at computers....
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited June 2011
    thank you, it looks great!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Downloading now ty :)
    edited June 2011
    @Prioka As far as I know - Riverview is not required.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ - this really is a great world for those who love SunsetValley. So, I recommend you registering it here. It is the centre of world-finding and once this thread goes (I'm sure that won't be until a while - you've done a terrific job) it'll still be available. :)
  • mnmric76mnmric76 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you. I love it.
  • BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited June 2011
    It works for me and i don't have Wa :/
  • snowdrop09snowdrop09 Posts: 224 New Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    The Ambitions lots are all in the town already placed.

The movie lot was forgotten - my bad - but hey there is plenty of room.

@snowdrop09 There are 27 empty lots, and even more new lots with residential homes imported from Riverview, Bridgeport and Twinbrook along with all the Sunset Valley Buildings.

27?
    Excellent. I can tell from the map though, you've done an excellent job making it look like it's not a half-finished town. Better job than EA could manage. :)
  • PriokaPrioka Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @Prioka As far as I know - Riverview is not required.

thank you LynxaQ :D
  • Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited June 2011
    I downloaded hoping the world would work even though I only have Late Night installed. It installed and works. I was wondering if there is a legacy lot?
  • ackween13ackween13 Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    This is wonderful. I'm downloading it as I type. Thank you so much for this.
  • SfarinaPSfarinaP Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is awesome. I downloaded it and walked around inside...if you liked Sunset Valley you will love this. Thanks a lot.
  • LDYCAPONELDYCAPONE Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2011
    TOTALLY AWESOME! I appreciate a job well done... since I use a Mac & can't create my own world. <3'd this!!!
    edited June 2011
    Update on Exchange: After several different error messages and problems that I have run into and managed to sort, I now have a problem where the launcher is telling me the world is uploaded yet it is not on the exchange or in my profile.

This exchange is rubbish to be perfectly honest and a little blunt.

Will appreciate any suggestions and will continue to try get it onto the exchange.
  • greenteagreentea Posts: 235 Member
    edited June 2011
    This looks great, good job! <3
  • uo_amckayuo_amckay Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Firstly - thanks SO much for this. It was really needed.

As for the movie lot - sadly, there isn't really a good place to put it that doesn't require a lot of fiddling. The movie lot is pretty large. Here's what a friend of mine had to say:
    After a small bit of fiddling I was able to find a place to put the movie lot. It's not where I'd like it, and I had to sacrifice some vacant residential lots for it, but I was able to place it. I put it at the top of the hill, near where the Rackets have their mansion. Between the road and the hillside are 2 40x40 lots and a slightly smaller lot (30x20 maybe? not sure). I deleted those 3 lots, then placed the 64x64 lot. It still took a bit of moving about to find a place where the game would let me place it. On the first time I tried, it did clip the hillside behind it, but with the fence around the lot (and other stuff along the back of the lot) it didn't look too bad. The back fence sort of looked like a retaining wall. I exited without saving, went back in, and tried to place the 64x64 lot again in that spot. Found a better place to put where it was closer to the road and didn't clip the hillside, except for a teeny bit in the back left corner. Again, with the fence around the lot the teeny bit of clipping didn't look bad. After placing the movie lot I was able to add one of the 40x40 lots back. There's a narrow bit between the residential lot and the movie lot. I'll go back at a later time and see if I can put a small lot (20x20 or so) in the space. Maybe make a small part or stick a taco truck on it. I'd prefer it not to be in a residential section, but closer to downtown or by one of the other rabbit holes. Ah well.

I do wish LynxAQ would go back and edit the world to add the Movie Lot. It would probably be easier to add it using the World Builder to create a new location for it, rather than forcing us to sacrifice some of the few 40x40 lots available. I have several 40x30 lots, and EA has made several as well, and with the lack of lots those size in Sunset Valley (most are 30x40 -- short end goes along the road rather than the long end) the next best place to stick them is on a 40x40 lot.

Again, thank you very much :)
  • SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited June 2011
    I don't know if you remember me from yesterday, but I don't have WA and it let me download it! It's beautiful. I absolutely love all the new homes and how many there are! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top