Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• IRock707IRock707 Posts: 141
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for this! I fell in love with one of the houses near the Wolffs. It's the L-shaped one. I'm going to use that as my family's house. Perfect for multiple generations to stay in.
  • RangerGinRangerGin Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I installed this world before I realized that I needed to have World Adventures (which I don't). The game won't start now... does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to fix this?
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    @RangerGin Is it not just possible to uninstall the world from the launcher? Go to Installed Content tab, then click on Lots and tick the world and press uninstall.
  • JennieL759JennieL759 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you so much. I'm going to download this as soon as you add it to the Sims 3 exchange. I don't know how to download from other sites.

I was trying to edit the town last night and it is too hard as I couldn't get the buildings/houses to look right.
  • dollarbillsyalldollarbillsyall Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    The Ambitions lots are all in the town already placed.

The movie lot was forgotten - my bad - but hey there is plenty of room.

@snowdrop09 There are 27 empty lots, and even more new lots with residential homes imported from Riverview, Bridgeport and Twinbrook along with all the Sunset Valley Buildings.

I wanted to put the movie lot on mine. When I put it out there's no option to make it a career. How can I do that? --btw I love the new sunset valley you made!
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited June 2011
    Are there spawn points for the seeds, fish and other collectables that came with the other EP's in town?

Is there a guide to where we can find the collectables or certain areas that have most of the collectables?

I do really like the world. The only thing it doesn't have is a large lot or two that is ready for building but I will just clear out one of the houses if I want to build a large house of my own. This was the first time I have downloaded a world because you didn't have custom content and it didn't need the fast lane stuff pack (it is the only one I didn't get).

Thanks you very much for all the time and work I know it took to create this and for sharing it with all of us.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited June 2011
    :thumbup:
  • fallenxjewelfallenxjewel Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2011
    Can someone please explain to me where I save the mediafire file? Sorry I'm new to downloading like this. :o
  • pyrannapyranna Posts: 479
    edited June 2011
    been playing your world for hours! I love it! awesome! Thank you :)
  • LogicalPlayerLogicalPlayer Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2011
    this Looks great and i would love to download it, i dont have world adventures thou=/
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you!
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • DamienMcGrathDamienMcGrath Posts: 265
    edited June 2011
    cant wait for that exchange download :) ill be on it as soon as it is :)
  • ditziebrditziebr Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2011
    fallenxjewel, all you have to do is click on the link in Mediafire to download. It will download automatically. When the download is finished, the launcher will automatically open up and install for you. It is easy-peasy.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just came across this and it sounded so good. I downloaded it from Mediafire. But I always check all downloads with Custard. It failed that essential test. :cry: I wish I could use it, but the possibility that it will corrupt my game is just too much to risk.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Mylita- Please forgive me but who or what is custard? If you were trying to test the city against a bowl of wiggly egg desert well, of course the world will fail teeheehee (it is desert after all, nothing trups a treat ;))

Anywho OP thank you for giving us this world to playwith, I don't..ever download from other places other than the the sims 3 exchange, but for you I made the exception and I'm so glad I did thank you so much! you did a lovely job!
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you so much for this!
  • Sapphire96Sapphire96 Posts: 330
    edited June 2011
    Wow! It looks amazing! :D
    I will download/rec when it is on the exchange.
    Thanks!
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2011
    Mylita - could you explain perhaps what you mean by this world having "failed" when running it through Custard? I'm on a Mac so I can't use it, but AFAIK Custard only allows you to clean a sims3pack of any additional cc that might have been attached to it. I installed this world and haven't found any additional cc yet.
    Checking for conflicting or bad cc is done with Dashboard btw.
  • startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited June 2011
    Very nicely done. I have been waiting for something like this as I'm totally inept when it comes to using CAW. Thank you so much :!:
  • C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2011
    Mylita wrote:
    I just came across this and it sounded so good. I downloaded it from Mediafire. But I always check all downloads with Custard. It failed that essential test. :cry: I wish I could use it, but the possibility that it will corrupt my game is just too much to risk.

Mylita

I just downloaded this world too and checked it with custard and it downloaded perfect.

Image2.png

Awesome job btw!! I can't wait to play in it, just have to move some sims to my library so I can play them in your world.excited.gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2011
    Snapdragon wrote:
    Mylita - could you explain perhaps what you mean by this world having "failed" when running it through Custard? I'm on a Mac so I can't use it, but AFAIK Custard only allows you to clean a sims3pack of any additional cc that might have been attached to it. I installed this world and haven't found any additional cc yet.
    Checking for conflicting or bad cc is done with Dashboard btw.

FYI, dashboard is to check for corrupt .package files and to clean if need be and custard is to check for corrupt .sims3pack files and to clean them too.
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    @Mylita There is no CC in this world.
  • WildIslandCatWildIslandCat Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have just started looking for new towns to download after reading the thread someone else had on 'which town will you use with generations' and was surprised there was so much out there, I didn't know about CAW and custom worlds, I usually don't look on the website much (has turned a new leaf and now checks all spots of the forum and exchange). I love the work you put into this project and am going right now to download it! Thank you for your hard work, happy simming!
  • anja13xanja13x Posts: 27
    edited June 2011
    Thanks so much. I love it.
  • BrightFashionBrightFashion Posts: 4,090 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you have to have Generations to run it?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top