Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thumbs up for the amazing work :thumbup:
  • JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited June 2011
    @OP: this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Thanks! :thumbup: :D
    have a few questions:

-How many families/occupied residential lots vs unoccupied/vacant lots does it come with?

-does it have any LN buildings? If so are they on regular CAW lot sizes or the original BP lot sizes?

-Were you able to keep the original sizing of the larger home lots like the 60x60 Landgraab mansion featured in that 1st pic? Or did you redesign them for smaller lot sizes like 40x40?

-which of the SV/Twinbrook etc families you kept like Landgraabs, Goths, Newbies etc. in this new hood? I've got entire families saved in my library and will need to delete the duplicate families. Don't want a whole bunch of alternate universe families running around this new SV! :lol:
  • kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2011
    I there space to add a downtown? I love sunset Valley but really like the downtown of Bridgeport..I wish someone could combine the 2 :-)
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2011
    QUESTION!!!!!!! How did you populate the town!? I see some houses have sims living in them. How did you do that!
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    @JaanaDruid All the original Sunset Valley families are in the world plus 2 families from Riverview and 2 families from Twinbrook. (Jones/Wilson/Racket/Whelohff)

Only LN building down is a redecorated The Grind.

CAW doesnt come with the lots placed. You can make the lots any size you want (up to 64x64), so not sure what question is being asked here?

Some lots had there sizes slightly increased by 1 or 2 blocks. But they were edited to fit properly and look natural. trust me I absolutely hate badly placed lots. No lot was made smaller.

Hope that helps. :)
  • JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This looks amazing to be honest. But are there any clubs in it? And if so, do they look really out of place? Because putting down Plasma 501 in Twinbrook (where I play right now) looks really stupid.

Make a new version of Bridgeport and I will love you forever. I'm not joking.
    edited June 2011
    @kjones You could do what my friend did and bulldozed the entire Summer Hill Court area, as there is alot of new lots here and built a little town area instead. Not sure where she moved the lots that are there.

But it is something to keep in mind for the future should a do another edition, tho after this 2 month slog it won't be for a while sorry :(.
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2011
    you did a great job. It almost looks identical except with some expanded areas. I love it! I also love how you added that road where you moved the roomies/lofts/whatevers lots. I hated where they were and the sunset valley that I bulldozed down I completely removed those lots and turned them into something else, lol
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • sourcherrysourcherry Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2011
    this may be a dumb question
    but are there anything ambitions related in this town?

edited (clearly i didn't read the previous comments) lol
    edited June 2011
    @JohanFoppa There are 2 clubs, a dance club and then a poolside dance club. The dance club is The Grind but it had been redecorated to "fit" in with the town.

The other club is custom made by me and is located on the beach called Old Pier Dance Club. This one really fits in nicely imo.
  • SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited June 2011
    Do we have to have World Adventures?
  • pyrannapyranna Posts: 479
    edited June 2011
    downloading it now :) ty!
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2011
    Might download this..

Although an aerial view of the town would be very nice.
    edited June 2011
    @SoEasyBeinlzzy Unfortunately yes as some WA items were placed into the town. The gym was revamped for example with Martial Arts section for example.
    edited June 2011
    BTW, this is outstanding. I'm downloading it now...
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited June 2011
    Looks awesome. I've already got SV fixed up to my liking, but I'll take this version too. No such thing as too many worlds for me!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    edited June 2011
    LynxAQ wrote:
    @SoEasyBeinlzzy Unfortunately yes as some WA items were placed into the town. The gym was revamped for example with Martial Arts section for example.

Oh no! :( Well, I'll see if it will work. It probably wont but oh well
  • ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited June 2011
    Simango wrote:

Although an aerial view of the town would be very nice.

This ^^

As I don't have WA or Ambitions, the town wouldn't have lots. In the future, possibly re-create this so it is possible for us Simmers with only 1 EP to download. Or just base game?

This is just a request. I understand how long it took to do this, and it looks nice.

A couple more pictures, please, before I can say anymore.
    edited June 2011
    Original post updated with aerial screenshots.
  • fallenxjewelfallenxjewel Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2011
    The New Sunset Valley looks amazing and I especially like what you did where the Alto/landgraab mansions were; it used to seem as if it was missing something. Anyways I shall be downloading this soon. :D
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is great!!! I absolutely love what you've done with it, it looks so much better!!! I reccomended it to my Mum and she's going to download it too! :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much for doing this, it's amazing :thumbup: And it's the first custom world I've downloaded that didn't crash my game, so big thumbs up to you :mrgreen:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've been working on Sunset Valley in readiness for Generations, but I'm really fed up with the lack of space. This looks like the ideal solution! I've already saved all my lots to the bin so once I get the game (not out until Friday here) I can whack in your version and then plonk my lots down.

One question though, have you already placed the fire station, consignment shop, salon etc? Just so I know whether to start designing new ones or not:)
  • Curtis090Curtis090 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This is looking great. Once I get my new computer up and running, I'll give this a go.

Thanks for sharing! :wink:
  • EC2406EC2406 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This looks amazing... but I can't play it :(

I've downloaded it and it says that it's installed already (in my launcher in the downloads section) but then when I look under installed content, it isn't there...

Can someone explain what exactly I'm supposed to do after downloading from media fire? Thanks in advance!
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2011
    OMG! This is amazing!! I plan on using this town. Thanks for your hard work! =D

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top