Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

File Transfer Error: Caches Sunset valley.object cache

I get this error when I try to install my game:

File: j:\Caches\Sunset Valley.objectCache
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

What does this mean and how to I fix it?

Comments

• mishelle123mishelle123 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    im having the same problem,
  • avghavgh Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    i have the same error and i dont know what to do...

fle G:/Caches/Sunset Valley.objectCache
    Error: Incorrect function
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi,

First, ensure that the game disc is not damaged or dirty. Cleaning the disc and the DVD drive using a cleaning kit may help. Scan and defrag the hard drive if necessary. For your specific issue, please refer to the following thread and EA Support article:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/947.page
    And:
    http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8494&p

For those using the digital download version of the game, the CRC issue can also be caused by a bad installer setup that was corrupted somehow during the remote file transfer. You will need to clear the EADM cache and download the game again without interruption, in that case.

If none of the above works, the following may also be of help to you:

1.) Open Windows Start menu
    2.) Select Run
    3.) Type msconfig
    4.) In the Services tab disable all items
    5.) In the Startup tab uncheck all items
    6.) Restart computer in Safe Mode (press F8 during bootup)
    7.) While in Safe Mode insert The Sims 3 DVD disc
    8.) Use Windows Explorer to locate SETUP.EXE on the disc
    9.) Right-click SETUP.EXE and select the option to run it as an Administrator
    10.) Installation should now proceed without any CRC errors
    11.) Reboot the computer normally

If the issue is not resolved, you can give this a try next:
    From SimGuru_BGY_11:
    Hi there.

What I'd advise in this case is going into Device Manager (from System -> Hardware in Control Panel), right clicking on the [DVD] drive and selecting Uninstall. Reboot your system without a [game] disk in the drive, and Windows should redetect the [DVD] drive and reinstall its software.

If that does not work, contact your system manufacturer for diagnostics and possibly a firmware update.

-Big Guy-

If your issue is still not resolved, verify that the software drivers for the DVD drive are in fact functioning properly and that the DVD drive controller is set to DMA Mode. You can also try replacing the DVD drive unit with a newer model either purchased or borrowed. The Sims 3 disc (and its subsequent expansions) apparently has issues with certain optical drives due to the way it was stamped at manufacturing.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • amathews1998amathews1998 Posts: 8
    edited April 2010
    I got a file d incorect function
  • TeenyCTeenyC Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I actually found a solution you need to download the EA download manager, choose than enter your game serial number and it'll start the download of sims 3, it'll take quite a while but it worth it trust me, after words install the game and your ready to go Good luck hope this works for you
  • louiisxlouiisx Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Try to choose CUSTOM INstallation but don't change anything, It worked for me
  • Neicy2005Neicy2005 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2010
    louiisx wrote:
    Try to choose CUSTOM INstallation but don't change anything, It worked for me

This worked for me when I got the error..thanks!
  • rosiedollcorpserosiedollcorpse Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    TeenyC wrote:
    I actually found a solution you need to download the EA download manager, choose than enter your game serial number and it'll start the download of sims 3, it'll take quite a while but it worth it trust me, after words install the game and your ready to go Good luck hope this works for you

Yay this worked for me too :mrgreen: ...my Sims 3 disc had deep scratches and kept giving me that same file transfer error..

Sign in on EA Download Manager, there's an Activation tab, which explains if your disc is damaged or lost just type in the serial code inside of your box then viola it authenticates the code then starts an automatic download of Sims 3.. :D
  • kandykiss96kandykiss96 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    funny how easy it was i just cleaned my disc with some turtle wax!!! worked like magic after...just take it out when it says the(sunset valley caches) clean it put it back it and download should just continue...took me 3 days!!!! :shock:
  • KierinAquilaKierinAquila Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I just defragged my pc (O% was defragged) and it worked! Yay I can play!
  • niyaclniyacl Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I just defragged my pc (O% was defragged) and it worked! Yay I can play!

how did you do it:mrgreen:
  • sunshinepuddingsunshinepudding Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    I Just ejected my disc, gave it a spray of window cleaner, wiped it round and round untill dry with a cotton pad and hey presto! it worked :D
    Awsome 8)
  • JohnsonGirl48JohnsonGirl48 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I had deleted my SIMS3 games and recently have been trying to download them again to no avail. I kept getting the cachesunsetvalley too.
    I cleaned my disc and defragmented my hard drive.
    I then was able to install my SIMS3 game.

I hope this helps!
    Good luck and Happy Simming!!
  • K1234554321K1234554321 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just clean the disk It might work it worked for me.
  • xMrLemonxxMrLemonx Posts: 1 New Member
    I haz Best Alternative, when the error occures, take your disk from the ... well... pc, and then put it back