Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aussie Got Gen??

Comments

• lillyaustinlillyaustin Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2011
    Well my EB games are actually quite nice. Maybe its just a store by store thing. They still wouldn't sell me it though.

I tend to do the downloads as I have a big enough hardrive to store them all.

Let us know what EA says. I'm staying up until midnight tonight to see if it automatcally releases (the direct download that is) cause that's what happened with a few in the past (including the sims medieval).

I'm anxious to play it already. But a little cautious now after reading all the trouble those in the US are having with the download and updating/patches.
  • e01000101e01000101 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2011
    e01000101 wrote:
    Mine came through last night at about 3am... I preordered the downloadable (Mac) from Gametree Mac.
    Before you think I'm smug about it, I can't even start the frigging game! There are some patch issues apparently. I don't understand any of it, I'm no geek. But I'm super frustrated.

For future reference to the Aussies if you have weird troubles:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380002.page

LukeyLu wrote:
    Thank you for the additional information!

So each one of you were prompted that there was an update available and then it downloaded and applied?

There should have been two individual prompts saying that there was an update available.

For those encountering the issue currently, when you click the icon for your latest installed product, the launcher never appears?

You can try manually applying the Base Game patch which should hopefully resolve your issue.

The download can be found here:
    US DVD Version: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011001.tgz

Europe DVD Version: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011002.tgz

Digital Download Version: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22.9.011017.tgz

Once downloaded, double-click the downloaded file. The file will extract and then you will run the update. Point the update at The Sims 3 app and it will apply.

Please let us know if you have any more issues and we will help you sort them as quickly as possible.

Hi! After installing latest patch, my game wouldn't launch. But adding this update to the base game worked for me. It took about 20 min to download the patch. I have macbook pro.

I didn't have to uninstall anything. I don't have Generations. Just added the update from the link provided above and voila! Playing the game and relieved that everything seems okay so far.

Thank you so much!

• becstar09becstar09 Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2011
    if i worked in eb i think i would be a little scared of jacqpinks lol

gotta love the enthusiam tho.

I'm on gold coast and I havent seen it but its thurs tomorrow so its all good. I wont get to play until the weekend anyway.

enjoy your generations when you get it guys :D
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited June 2011
    e01000101 sorry to hear that, I heard that you could download that patch through the EA DM have u tried that yet :o(

lillyaustin I hope you get it, that would be awesim lol I hope u will be able to patch to, I am glad they are nice to you but it wasn't just the store it was their head office and customer service line. I even told her that I was just trying to push the boundries b/c I wanted the game I told her that b/c she was getting nasty and she just got nastier so I am a little annoyed about that, the Eb games in Blacktown where I use to live were lovely and use to chat to me on the phone about games but he moved on :o( Now I am SA. I am normally up waiting for the new store stuff but will have to go to bed early and get up early for those so I am awake to play 2morrow lol

becstar09, yeah but I have made some good friends through my hassling stores and a few are game managers one I met here on the forums and is totally sweet they know me by voice lol I call em up with info and they ask me for info b/c they know if anyone knows the answer it will be me lol

EA Au have sent me an email explaining street date and we need proof but no one was willing so that goes out the window. anyways tomorrow will be a great day after I get up early lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2011
    I checked in again on closing, yeah right on opening you can pick up the game.

The guy at the local (EB) actually did check for me and did assure me that it wouldn't be available until then. Sometimes they (that store) do pre-orders the day before but not this time.

Sokay, tomorrow is another day and I suspect that we'll get it a few hours ahead to the UK.. which, given the size of European market is interesting.

If anyone got a break I would have suspected it would be them.

J.
    edited June 2011
    Jaelk01 u sound like me lol

I called my Game store they don't have their stock it so will prob have to get mine from Big W which are cheaper anyways. $44.84
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Gemini_GirlGemini_Girl Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I went to my local Game store this afternoon in NSW, they were really nice and are always helpful. The man I spoke to, said they had the game but were not able to release it yet. He checked their emails to see whether he had received anything to say that they could start selling but they handn't. Oh well, it comes out tomorrow so not long to go now! I dont know whether I will play until the weekend anyway because I am getting it for my birthday on sunday so I will have to try and beg to receive it earlier ha ha. I hope everyone gets it soon!
  • burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm lucky in the fact that my local shopping centre has a Big W, D Smith Electronics, GAME, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi but unfortunately I am unable to buy it because I start work before the shops open and don't finish until after they close. I just get my mum to get it for me when she does her weekly Thursday shopping (one of the benefits of still living at home).
    edited June 2011
    Gemini_Girl I love your user name, I am glad they are nice to you and your right it isn't long now till we can get it. lol

burnoutPERTH I love your user name to lol and u have a good mum to get your game for you I hope u won't be to tired to play :o)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • lozzz11lozzz11 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Omg I am soooo hanging out for Gens! Driving myself insane reading all the forums and looking at everyones screenshots! Eb normally release it early but no luck for me either this time! I'm in Melbourne. Does anyone think kmart will stock it? Cos the one near my house is 24 hours and I'm SO tempted to go later tonight to check. Just don't wanna be disappointed lol! Plus working in the morning.

Glad I wasn't the only one to miss out.. Hehe
    edited June 2011
    Oh that would be so cool, I lived near a 24 hour kmart when I lived in Sydney but SA are so far behind the times here lol

I would call them and ask if they have it b4 wasting my time going down there
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited June 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    Oh that would be so cool, I lived near a 24 hour kmart when I lived in Sydney but SA are so far behind the times here lol

Lol

Yeah was thinking I'd call. If not, at least it's only one more sleep! Haha
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:

Yup 10 years in Sydney, I still find myself making an assumption that would have been correct in Sydney but not so much in Brisbane (usually about retail store opening hours). ;)

Pity I have 2 parental responsibilities and three critical work meetings tomorrow. Otherwise I think I'd be playing Generations from about 9:45am ;)

It's looking more like 8pm now.... assuming nothing goes wrong with the post implementation patching.

J.
    edited June 2011
    lozzz11 yeah us crazy Simmers lol

Jaelk0 spewin, I think 2morrow I am going to have a red bull day 2morrow I can drive from Adelaide to Sydney in 17 hours when drinking red bull so am going to play 2morrow on red bull lol but right now I am going to bed b4 the new store stuff gets posted lol

I have points and I am not afraid to use them lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2011
    Finally I'll be able to get the game tomorrow. The only problem is that it seems that us Mac users got the short end of the stick. The automatic update borks the launcher so you have to download the patch manually which doesn't work for everyone. Plus Generations patches the base game to 1.21, while the patch on this site updates it to 1.22? So I have to actually buy Generations before downloading the patch? lol I'm so confused...
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
    edited June 2011
    yeah I would be confused to, I really feel for you and hope there is a fix soon :o)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2011
    Jaelk01 wrote:
    jacqpinks wrote:

maria_loves_alex we did get Late Night early something like 4 days or something Eb games broke street date then lol

If memory serves the street date wasn't entered into the system the stores use, so the stock arrived and the store staff (rather then corporate) started calling their pre-order customers and put it on the shelves since their systems didn't say there wasn't a reason to do so.

Lucky for us. ;)

J.

couldn't they do that again! :lol: oh well its not like I can install it yet, I've been working on a world and its finished now but I have to test it out first and make sure its working properly :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited June 2011
    EA au said that some can sell it but do it on the quiet say to friends or the staff have taken the game so it is hard to prove so they need receipt proof and if the stores themselves are selling it they aren't going to sell themselves out so we have to wait :o(

good night and take care see you all in a few hours HuGs♥
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited June 2011
    almost time to get the game only 40mins those who live in EST will be able to get theirs in 10mins lol

I know I am crazy lol
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yay for being in Sydney then hahaha

Although I've got uni today (BOO!) so I wont be able to play for too long and I've had to patch the game manually... haha oh well! Fingers crossed it all works a treat!
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • becca022becca022 Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm soooo not impressed. Went into my local EB Games & they still don't have Generations.
    :evil: :x
  • becca022becca022 Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone else in South Australia have it????
    edited June 2011
    Becca I live in SA my local Game price matches tell them Big w have it fo r $44 and they will give it to u cheaper

Sorry to hear that Evoke hope u will have time to play when u get home
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited June 2011
    Yayyyyyyy!

*installs Generations*

Longest day ever! Finally got it. Thank goodness for late night shopping :)
    edited June 2011
    it took me 6 hours to install it as I had an error with the patch and had a bad disk drive error and it took me ages to work it out and know how to get the scan disk to actually finish. I then had to uninstall all my games and am going to have reinstall but have been playing with the Base and Gen so all should be ok now :o)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims