Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant Crashing

Hello. So, recently my Sims 3 game has been crashing to the point where I can no longer play at all. The expansions and stuff packs I have are as followed:

-The Sims 3 Base Game
-Ambitions
-Late Night
-Generations (NOTE: Problems began occuring BEFORE I got Generations. I also have the new patch required so it will download.)
-High End Loft
-Outdoor Living

Problems began occuring when I got Outdoor Living. I've uninstalled it and I can still not play.

I can always open the launcher, load the game and create or resume a game, but as soon as the world loads and I go into Live mode, the game freezes and crashes. My computer tells me it a problem with the DEP thing, but I've added the games to the list and set it to not run it on those. I had issues with crashing in the past but never like this.

Can anyone help please? (If you could put it in simplest terms I would be very grateful, I am not a techie person. :XD: )

Comments

• ElpimprondElpimprond Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    Uninstalled all. Now reinstalling. If anyone has an answer I would still greatly appreciate it.
  • timndrewsmomtimndrewsmom Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have been dealing with same issue i do not have Outdoor life cause I was having so many issues with crashing that I did not want to spend mroe money and unable to play

Finally because i was so excited about Generation i decided to reinstall and so far I have installed base game and WA and Loft and no crashing so far
    Hope it was just something simple cause If i spend this money on Generations and am not able to play i will be ticked off
  • DsBadGurl08DsBadGurl08 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am having the exact same issue... but how do we do the DEP thing aagain?
  • SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited June 2011
    I'm having that issue too and I don't want to re-install the game. I have the sims3 and late-night expansion. I click on the icon the window starts to load, then it stops and there is no more window with the green diamond on it. What is going on here?

:cry: Please help! Somebody! :?
  • briwicks19briwicks19 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am having the exact same issue... but how do we do the DEP thing aagain?
    I can't get the stupid link to work. Here it is:
    http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Data_Execution_Prevention

But where the smiley appears after "help" and before "ata" it's a colon and a d.

But I did all of that correctly, more than once, and am STILL having the same problems. It seems as if a ton of people are having this problem! I still haven't been able to get it running for more than a moment or two.

• briwicks19briwicks19 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2011
    SnowyDove wrote:
    I'm having that issue too and I don't want to re-install the game. I have the sims3 and late-night expansion. I click on the icon the window starts to load, then it stops and there is no more window with the green diamond on it. What is going on here?

:cry: Please help! Somebody! :?
    Re-installing did not help me AT ALL. don't do it seriously. I think this is going to turn out to be something EA has to fix in a patch for everyone because SO many people are having this problem.
    edited June 2011
    ok, that didnt work... OMG I just want to play!!! I start work tomorrow!! (Just finished school yesterday, and planned on playing sims all day today...)
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited June 2011
    briwicks19 - your link is yuk (doesn't work). Did you reboot your computer after doing dep? Dep is not the cure all for TS3. Yes it helps some people.

Is the application (game) crashing (crash to desktop)? Windows terminated the game for some reason and the should be an error code in the event log. Use the windows event viewer to check the logs.

Is the operating system crashing (bsod - even Bill Gates knows what that means)? Windows may or may not log this type of error.

Is the game crashing? Can you duplicate the crash multiple times? This could be bad program code or a computer configuration problem. If dep does not solve the problem it's time to start with the basic and check hardware.

Do I have enough memory? Is it the right memory? Is it installed correctly?
    Is something overheating? Is the power supply failing?

Is windows up to date? Are the device drivers up to date. Check manufacturers web site as some drivers cause problems and you may have to back up a version.

Now here's the big one - is your computer up to playing the Sims 3?
    My system:

Asus M2N-sli motherboard
    4 gig OCZ memory
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ black version
    Vista business 32 bit
    XFX 8600GT video card w/ 256 mb memory
    Acer X233H monitor
    Antec 500W power supply
    Thermaltake Blue Orb II
    Coolermaster CM 690 case

I built this computer for Bioshock 1 and it plays TS3 just fine.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
    edited June 2011
    It says my error code for crashing is: TS3W.exe
    what does that mean?
  • Krafty2010Krafty2010 Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    Im also having this problem.

Okay so basically, i bought the direct download of generations. today when it was available to install, it said that i needed to download a new patch, eventhough there was no new patch(which i know is the main problem with this EP). then i found a patch in the sims3.com forums. I downloaded that, and it made it so that i could install generations. I was able to run sims 3...i made it past the new loading screen, and then had the choice of which of my families i wanted to play. i chose a family, and then it started loading the household. it randomly stops loading, and then a error comes up saying that "sims 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close" then shuts itself down. Ive been playing the sims for 10 years..more than half of my life. Ive never had a problem like this, i would really just like to play my game without any problems.

My computer has plenty of memory. has a new graphics card. has multiple fans to keep it cool. my computer is fine...
    Code for crashing : ts3w.exe
    and dont ask anyone at the ea chat....they just reply with "okay" multiple times. :\
    edited June 2011
    Yes my computer is up to minimum requirements. Yes I've tried restarting. Yes memory is fine, no computer is not overheating. My computer is kept in a cool, cold environment. Yes, Operating system is fine as far as I know. By the way I'm a mac user, there for I do not have windows. Nor do I have a windows using program on my mac, though I could :P .

I did use the wiki link too, that link worked fine but the directions didn't make the game work. *shrugs* I think I'll sleep on it and see what people come up with. :wink:

I'll be back. 8)
    edited June 2011
    I THINK IT WORKS!!!! u have to do the DEP thing for a new thing thing in the base game, ts3W!!!!!!!!!
    i saved and restarted, and it didnt work i went back and checked, and noticed a few files were missing so i just added the same ones again, and just loaded without restasrting.... and it is WORKING.... for now!!! yay
  • jnlchplljnlchpll Posts: 21
    edited June 2011
    I have been dealing with same issue i do not have Outdoor life cause I was having so many issues with crashing that I did not want to spend mroe money and unable to play

Finally because i was so excited about Generation i decided to reinstall and so far I have installed base game and WA and Loft and no crashing so far
    Hope it was just something simple cause If i spend this money on Generations and am not able to play i will be ticked off

My problem came when I got Generations today. As soon as I got it started the game crashed before I could save or continue. Mind you after making a whole new family to start my Generations expansion off with. So when i restarted it I started with a saved family I had created. Now it's done it to me twice since then. 3 times total. I don't know what to do.
    edited June 2011
    I had the same issue... check ur DEP! and add the 2nd file in the base game - TS3W!!!
  • panupanu Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes, adding the base game file, TS3W, to DEP as well as the Generations executable makes a difference.
  • SilirienSilirien Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    Where do you get that file from?
    edited June 2011
    I have no idea what DEP means. Type the whole word out please. I wonder if this applies to mac :roll: .
  • panupanu Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2011
    This has been an ongoing Windows issue.

http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3697