Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selective Story Progression

After playing the Sims 3 for a while my biggest problem is with story progression. While being neighborhood wide, I wish it were also house specific. I really hate the fact that the game takes families I've created and does what it likes with them. What if I had a specific plan for them that is now ruined? What's the point of playing a games that plays itself? What if I want some houses to progress but not others because they're part of a story line I'm trying to create? What if I want the neighborhood to progress but not these, or this specific house?

I really hope this gets looked at and changed becuase it's really killing the game for me. I feel like I'm stuck in one house with one family, the exact opposite of what the Sims 3 is supposed to be.

Comments

• simswitneesimswitnee Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Your problem is alot like mine. I hate that you can't save the family you are playing with and go back to the neighborhood like in sims 2 you ahve to save the family and when you go back to the neighborhood it's like you never played that family at all nothing is changed or anything and I don't like that.
  • Ave_08Ave_08 Posts: 252 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you want, you can turn the story progression off.
  • SimaticsimsSimaticsims Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, the story progression is a little bugged right now. Here are some directions on how to turn it off so that your sims will not advance while your not watching.
    It was posted by Lindsey Guru earlier today. I share the same problem because I write stories for my sims and I need them all to progress together. Hope it helps!

For PC:
    1) Find your game executable. It should be here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    2) Create a shortcut on your desktop to the TS3.exe.
    3) Right-Click on the shortcut and choose “Properties”
    4) In the top line “Target:” go to the end of the line and add this tag –disablestoryprogression
    ** You Simmers have been awesome and pointed out you need to make sure there is a space BEFORE the dash in your target line. Thanks guys!
    5) From this point on you will need to run your game from this shortcut and NOT through your launcher.

There isn’t a work around for Mac at this time.

I realize this is a certainly not ideal but it will address the issue while we are working on a real fix.

I also want to mention that there are a few events that can still occur even if story progression is completely off.
    - Any pre-made pregnant Sims will still have their babies.
    - If Aging is on, Sims will still die.
    - As YOUR Sims get new jobs, other Sims in the neighborhood may have their careers reassigned to become your boss or co-workers.