Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aussie Got Gen??

Comments

• Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    yeah how sad is that eb games head office know that they have broken street date but are trying to keep it quiet and won't sell it anywhere else :o( I think it is wrong

Well there's always the local EB Branch in Southport if you feel terribly motivated. The staff are always helpful even if they get a little razed when they get a flurry of calls from motivated simmers. ;)

When I called in regarding Medieval I suspect that they'd had more then enough, the content of the offer document to the retailers (to pass on to us) said it all. They'd gotten ... more the a few inquiries.

J.

PS: When I say local I think that is IT in Australia.
  • mcrashleemcrashlee Posts: 2,871 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Jaelk01 wrote:
    jacqpinks wrote:
    Rmk375 is an Aussie and she has registered her game check out her Simpage :o) am so jealous

In Brisbane too no less. Grats to her!

J.

:O Oh my gosh, I'm jealous. I live in Bris. ==
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited May 2011
    mcrashlee, well all we need is proof that they have sold it and then we can get our hands on it but until then we have to wait till Thursday :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2011
    mcrashlee wrote:
    Jaelk01 wrote:
    jacqpinks wrote:
    Rmk375 is an Aussie and she has registered her game check out her Simpage :o) am so jealous

In Brisbane too no less. Grats to her!

J.

:O Oh my gosh, I'm jealous. I live in Bris. ==

Me too, we just need to know which store. :D
    edited May 2011
    she said the Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast but she said the store she goes to gave her the game :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2011
    I tried ringing, they are closed for the day.
    edited May 2011
    yeah thats what I am annoyed about now :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    yeah thats what I am annoyed about now :o(

I suspect that while EB may want a receipt (and perhaps avoid any consequences if they did break the embargo) EA will be more interested in the PR hit.

Give their office a call tomorrow (normal business hours, ask for the Sims Product Manager), the number is in the white pages rather then the help lines and explain the situation. If you're that motivated (and don't read this as being condescending I've just danced this tango with the Aussie branches before) I suspect that you won't be the only one to have asked the question. ;)

Who knows, maybe it'll help.

J.
    edited May 2011
    Jaelk01 thanx heaps for that I will, I over them messing me about this is really not fair and whoever is selling the game b4 they should needs to be in trouble especially if they aren't going to make it fair for everyone :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • PhasmatisPhasmatis Posts: 302
    edited May 2011
    I pre ordered the download one, and I live in Perth.
    I'm still waiting and it's 7 pm now. I'm pretty sad it hasn't come yet.
    edited May 2011
    Oh that stinks :o( hope u get it soon
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Hahaha Jaq, your avi matches your eagerness.
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2011
    we got late night early didn't we?? Im pretty sure we did, but still why are they so strict with this EP!! I dont understand :lol:
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited May 2011
    Just popping in to say hi *wave* I saw the topic and it said Aussie so I didn't go into it - wasn't until this morning I saw it was your thread.

Sorry you may have to wait Jacqs - but I'll post pictures for you and the other ladies over there if you want. (don't hit me! lol) Sucks that you have to wait.
    edited May 2011
    Today is another day I am going to get on Eb games back again today,

I don't understand y they are so strict either we are faithful customers others are clearly getting it, I am just feeling so unimportant right now. lol

MissChatterbox, yep and she will hurt anyone that stands in my way lol My Twitter status says just hand over the game and no one will get hurt lol

maria_loves_alex we did get Late Night early something like 4 days or something Eb games broke street date then lol

@Surreal thanx hun HuGs♥

thanx everyone for your Support even of an addicted Simmer
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • tylinntylinn Posts: 620 New Member
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    thanx heaps will be waiting eagerly for that email lol

i never got a response from her. Sorry!! :(
    edited May 2011
    Thats ok I, I appreciate your help hope u like your gift :o)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:

maria_loves_alex we did get Late Night early something like 4 days or something Eb games broke street date then lol

If memory serves the street date wasn't entered into the system the stores use, so the stock arrived and the store staff (rather then corporate) started calling their pre-order customers and put it on the shelves since their systems didn't say there wasn't a reason to do so.

Lucky for us. ;)

J.
    edited May 2011
    Oh is that what happened I was in shock lol

I couldn't believe how they were just selling it 4 days early and now they are freaking and won't sell even though they have already broken street date :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited May 2011
    jacqpinks wrote:
    Oh is that what happened I was in shock lol

I couldn't believe how they were just selling it 4 days early and now they are freaking and won't sell even though they have already broken street date :o(

I just looked at the stand, blinked and then asked the branch owner "Err... are you sure that you should be selling that yet?" he told me about there not being a date, etc. They got a business to run and it's only fair that they play by the rules. Sometime the dice fall in our favour.

Best of luck today, I've got a busy morning but still checking in to see what you're posting. :)

J.
    edited May 2011
    nope no go so far huge Fail lol Eb games are rude and nasty they have lost a customer the only way they will get business of me is if they break street date all my money is going to GAME :o) where they get to know their customers and are friendly who don't think they are better than others

Kinda bugs me that Aussie's can brag about owning the game and not share very selfish, If I had it and couldn't share it I would at least not tell anyone :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
    edited June 2011
    Any Aussie got the game and hasn't shared and want to please do we have 90 minutes b4 the stores close here :o(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • lillyaustinlillyaustin Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2011
    Nope I haven't. Still waiting for them to release the DD. None of the stores near me will release it until tomorrow and I tried calling them all again today.

Sucks. I really wanna play already.
    edited June 2011
    lol lillyaustin me too, Ebgames were very rude about it they are also now lying saying they haven't sold any games. what a joke, but they have just lost a customer but EA Au have contacted me am waiting on an email from them about moving release dates forward
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • e01000101e01000101 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2011
    Mine came through last night at about 3am... I preordered the downloadable (Mac) from Gametree Mac.
    Before you think I'm smug about it, I can't even start the frigging game! There are some patch issues apparently. I don't understand any of it, I'm no geek. But I'm super frustrated.