Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2011
    Running, yes they do.

Flute forward: I don't believe I have that item, but I'll check
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    Guess that means no more Childish Sims still, or games of Tag. :( I wonder how bad that bug will be in Generations...
    edited May 2011
    I actually think the tag one has been corrected a while ago. If they run inside the house (without a reason of course), then they have this running bug.

The problem is that they shortened the distance when they start running and as such probably don't think of it as a bug. Before you could send your sim quite far without them running, now it's only very short distances.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2011
    So it's connected to the "automatic" setting when you have your Sims go to a location? Because my Sims no longer walk around the house to go to the bathroom that's only the next room over or upstairs to his bed.
    edited May 2011
    If the run inside the house, it's the tag running bug. Did you ever start a new game after patch 1.17 and they still do it or is it an old, already infected game. The 1.17 patch, that was supposed to fix this, only prevents new happenings - if they really fixed it at all - but can't cure infected ones.

I'm off to bed now.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2011
    New game, as usual.

The only exisiting games I have right now are blank slate towns right now that I'm using to construct new houses or community lots. I don't use those for actual game play.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Head Patch on the babies is not fixed either.
    Ew, so I guess that graphical error is still there, huh?

Does that mean the "Running everywhere" bug is still in the base game as well? Or the missing leg from that one DLC?

I have that bug, but I am comfortable with it because sometimes I get impatient waiting for them to get to point B. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited May 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Head Patch on the babies is not fixed either.
    Ew, so I guess that graphical error is still there, huh?

Does that mean the "Running everywhere" bug is still in the base game as well? Or the missing leg from that one DLC?

I have that bug, but I am comfortable with it because sometimes I get impatient waiting for them to get to point B. :D
    I like it on my SimBots (when I have one) because they use their feet jets, which looks cooler than their walking animation.

But on my normal Sims? Especially when all they are doing is going to the toilet and they aren't in a "I have to pee now before I pee on myself" rush? No.
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited May 2011
    I have two questions about reinstalling mods after patching. I always remove my CC before patching, but, in preparation for Tuesday, I have thought about a few things I've always wanted to know.

1. When removing CC, besides removing both my Mods and Downloads folders, I have also always UNinstalled downloads via the Launcher. Is this necessary?

2. When reinstalling CC, specifically the Mods, I know the "big" ones are probably not safe to put back in until they've been updated, but what about the stuff that's in the Mods folder that are just objects or clothing? I know the clothing won't be updated, but what about things like Shiftable EA items? Do those need to be updated?

edited May 2011
    @PsychoChick966: It's not strictly necessary to remove your Sims3Packs but when you run into a problem, you should remove them before reporting to see if they are caused by them or not. With the last EP there was a problem with a lot of windows and doors and one had to updated those. This was due to the half walls.

To make it easy you can simply move the whole DCCache folder to your desktop and later put it back. This saves you the trouble of uninstalling and will also get rid of all sims3packs in your game.

As for the other things: It always depends on the mod. Some won't need updating (I tried NoIntro with the Patch and that works with no issue). There's no way to tell which ones will be a problem and which won't, so I recommend taking everything out and first try without on a new game. Then put them back one by one to see if they work or not.

If you run into ANY problem, remove the cc and try without before reporting anything.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2011
    This GameStop Gift Card I got for X-mas is really burning a hole in my wallet, but I'm trying to be strong and not even pre-order this EP until I see your bug thread.

I'm surprised you having already listed the common bugs we are seeing now with the people who got the EP early, but I understand not wanting to until the EP's release date.

I guess I need a distraction other than training at my new job... :roll:
    edited May 2011
    Since the people that have the EP 'only' have patch 1.21 and there no telling what 1.22 fixes, I'm holding off putting anything on the list.

We might even get a 1.23 on tuesday, who knows. I'm reading threads and I will start posting when the official patch is out and people are coming here to report.

I will certainly not put any bugs of the patch 1.22 in here.

I've only seen a couple problems so far: Sims stuck in rabbitholes and the after school activities. I'm also not reading any reports just yet of people that have it for I want to explore myself. I never read up much on EPs before I have them.
    AHQ Tutorial

• simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Bad news: The Car Bug is NOT fixed!
    Well, crap...

What about the WA excavation bug? Can my Sims dig in the dirt again for profit and fame?

Are Late Night clubs still empty even though they are labeled as Hot Spots?

Does the Architect/Interior Design career still break for anyone, or is it just me? I ultimately can't save if I have a Sim in that career path, even in a new game. The game just won't let me because it "Cannot Write the World" changes I did to a NPC's home. :roll:

Are Vampires and Celebrities still infecting everyone?

On that same note: can Vampires now turn back into regular Sims instead of being stuck half way cured?

Has the "Bad Mood Bed Bug" been fixed as well, or will I have to deal with the compounding negative moodlet thing?

Also, what new features are broken?? :twisted:
    Don't those belong to their respective EP forums/bug threads?
    edited May 2011
    simgreen wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Well, crap...

What about the WA excavation bug? Can my Sims dig in the dirt again for profit and fame?

Does the Architect/Interior Design career still break for anyone, or is it just me? I ultimately can't save if I have a Sim in that career path, even in a new game. The game just won't let me because it "Cannot Write the World" changes I did to a NPC's home. :roll:

On that same note: can Vampires now turn back into regular Sims instead of being stuck half way cured?

Has the "Bad Mood Bed Bug" been fixed as well, or will I have to deal with the compounding negative moodlet thing?

Yes and no.

Yes, they are individual problems associated with certain EPs/SPs, and as such belong in said forums the problem originated from.

No, because some if not most of these bugs were caused by a patch released associated with EP/SP releases and affected things like compatibility between the EPs and the base game. This, ultimately, makes it impossible for some people to have the base game plus all the EPs/SPs to date in one installation due to the various EPs not playing nice with each other.

EXAMPLE: WA didn't like Ambitions new art that Sims could make for a while, and then they fixed it so that WA would. Then the excavation bug happened, making WA's feature unplayable if you patched your game beyond Ambitions second patch.

EXAMPLE: I didn't have the Bad Mood Bug until I got OLS. I don't know why, as my game was properly patched with LN and I didn't notice anything wrong with my Sims mood until I installed OLS and whatever patch that came out with it. There are multiple ways to fix it, but I like the stuff I get with OLS and don't want to uninstall it for the sake of having Happy Sims.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2011
    Haven't got the game yet but bumping this to first page; I think the Gurus may be off for the holiday weekend. :?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    This GameStop Gift Card I got for X-mas is really burning a hole in my wallet, but I'm trying to be strong and not even pre-order this EP until I see your bug thread.

I'm surprised you having already listed the common bugs we are seeing now with the people who got the EP early, but I understand not wanting to until the EP's release date.

I guess I need a distraction other than training at my new job... :roll:
    I'm not buying it soon either... that's because I don't want it to distract me before I'm done with my exams...
    but you just gave me another reason to not buy it soon... :XD:
  • 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited May 2011
    Nevermind it's not glitched right now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2011
    What's glitching with it? It looks fine to me.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    simgreen wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    Well, crap...

Yes and no.

Yes, they are individual problems associated with certain EPs/SPs, and as such belong in said forums the problem originated from.

No, because some if not most of these bugs were caused by a patch released associated with EP/SP releases and affected things like compatibility between the EPs and the base game. This, ultimately, makes it impossible for some people to have the base game plus all the EPs/SPs to date in one installation due to the various EPs not playing nice with each other.

EXAMPLE: WA didn't like Ambitions new art that Sims could make for a while, and then they fixed it so that WA would. Then the excavation bug happened, making WA's feature unplayable if you patched your game beyond Ambitions second patch.

EXAMPLE: I didn't have the Bad Mood Bug until I got OLS. I don't know why, as my game was properly patched with LN and I didn't notice anything wrong with my Sims mood until I installed OLS and whatever patch that came out with it. There are multiple ways to fix it, but I like the stuff I get with OLS and don't want to uninstall it for the sake of having Happy Sims.

Thanks for info on how you tripped the cheap bed, bad mood bug. I didn't get it right away, then finally noticed it later, that may have been what tripped it for me too, bummer, I like OLS, and I would like to use this SP that I paid for.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    What's glitching with it? It looks fine to me.
    When i had the patch.

I dont have it now so its FINE.

I'm posting the pic to show which hair I am talking about.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CaseyMarkamCaseyMarkam Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2011
    I dont have a photo but My sim was walking her newborn son in the stroller, but he was stuck to her hand!
    I let her walk around town with an empty carriage and a baby on her fist until she just stopped. and put the baby IN The carriage. ahah.
    edited May 2011
    Thread dropped to Page 5, so I thought I'd give it a Late Night Bump. :lol:

On an unrelated note, I just Raptured my saved games. The Sims and content I created that I like have been saved and backed-up. Everything else has been deleted.
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2011
    Some people haven't got the baby head problem, i certainly don't, or the running everywhere bug.
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hey hun,

So, got the game early as usual.. ( :mrgreen: ) and theres a big issue....When the game connects to share memories... it crashes. :evil:

No mods, no CC etc... :thumbdown: I hate that they are giving freebies as an incentive to connect to the game :roll:

2ezr90j.jpg

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited May 2011
    I guess this semi-official thread could do with bumping as it was on 4th page.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top