Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• FreizhaFreizha Posts: 35
    edited May 2011
    NAME: Freizha

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4127773

LINK TO MEDIA:http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=Freizha

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: (Sometimes there is an optional challenge besides the creation of the main lot. If you've entered the optional challenge, post your links to media and optional item here.)

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:20x30, $16,403, 18 Maywood Lane

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 1BR,1BA Fully furnished, basic amenities, cottage garden with seating.study area w/ desk. Open floor plan, neutral paint. light hardwood flooring throughout, tile in kitchen and bath. many windows, stone walkway

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:YES

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
  • ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited May 2011
    Freizha wrote:

Freizha, the media should be a slide show of screenshots you've taken highlighting the lot—not a link to the media page in your studio. Some people like to upload their screenshots to thesims3.com and then use Create-a-Story for their media presentation. Others create their own forum page and link their uploaded screenshots to that page. And others use hosting sites like Photobucket.com to upload their screenshots and then create a slideshow or put their images on their offsite blog pages. For a house like this one, 20-30 screenshots would be appropriate. Be sure to include overhead shots showing the layout of each floor. Let us know if you have any trouble creating a presentation.
  • AnonymousMistAnonymousMist Posts: 133 New Member
    edited May 2011
    is the new challenge out yet?
  • SimShineSimShine Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 2011

OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME: SimShine

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4128587

LINK TO MEDIA: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377097.page

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot size was 21x20, I think. I was looking for a 20x20 in Bridgeport and only found the one I used that really suited. Address is 2097 Edgewood Road in Bridgeport. The final cost in my game is showing $12,302

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A small cottage type home set up to be a 1-sim residence with much of the building/decorating focus put into the garden. Features 1 bed, 1 bath, and a combined kitchen/dining/living space, a large garden that's as functional as it is pleasant to look at, and a small outdoor entertaining area for two. The outdoor dining space can double as a workspace if your sim has a laptop.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please :)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No Custom Content.
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2011
    is the new challenge out yet?

A little later on this evening :)
  • mens0067mens0067 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited May 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY Challenge 98/99

NAME: mens0067

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4128872

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mens0067/Build n Share 98_99/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 x 15, 15,800

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: The front and back door are custom Content made by Apple on the Sims Resource.
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited May 2011
    Official Entry Form

OFFICIAL ENTRY: Build-n-Share 98/99 - The Foxglove Starter

NAME: TFBob

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4129557

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37803355@N07/sets/72157626682526875/show/

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE: 30 x 20; ADDRESS: I deleted the lot at 2250 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley and replaced it with a 30 x 20; FINAL COST: 16,488

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I used the free walls and floors as much as possible to save money. A cottage garden with a mix of flowers and vegetables make this 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom starter perfect for your sim with a green thumb. No CC or store items.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited May 2011
    Official Entry Form

OFFICIAL ENTRY: Build-n-Share 98/99 - Foxglove Cottage Starter

NAME: Anjubee

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4130215

LINK TO MEDIA: http://simulatinganju.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/cottage-starter-16-5k-no-cc/

covershot.png

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE: 20 x 20; I deleted a lot on Sunset Valley and replaced it with a fresh 20x20 lot

FINAL COST: 16,479

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This cottage features a loft bedroom overlooking the cozy living room with a fireplace. The quaint cottage kitchen is just spacious enough for a small eat-in area. This house sits on a 20×20 lot with plenty of landscaping and a garden area for your sims with green thumbs. Great for expansion too! You can always take over the entire 2nd floor instead of having a loft.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC or store items were used.
  • Alicat84Alicat84 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Aww your houses are all brilliant! I wish I'd spent more time on mine now, haha! :lol:
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hey guys! I couldn't get on the forums last night to post the new challenge. I'll do it this evening as soon as I get back to my home computer :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2011
    Current Challenge

Build-n-Share 100 - COMMUNITY!

Wow! It’s the 100th week of Build-n-Share challenges. Time sure flies… In honor of Build-n-Share’s 100th week, we are inviting all past, present, and new members to join in a community neighborhood project! For this very special anniversary, Addict had the idea of creating a community neighborhood filled with our community members and their houses. This challenge will take place in two phases. This week, please choose your lot and create your Simself or TS3 avatar household.

We have an idea for households, but please feel free to offer other suggestions as well: use your TS3 persona as your LAST name and your real 1st name (if you feel comfortable doing so) as your FIRST name. For example, I would be Kathy Kittkat7147. For my household, I would add my husband, Dale Kittkat7147 (it’s just the two of us!). If you don’t feel comfortable making your real family, you can, of course, post a fictitious family. In that case, please still use your TS3 persona somewhere in your name and avoid last names like “Sim” or “Avatar.” If we have too many of those, it would make relationships in the town a little confusing Also, we’d like to have a variety of family ages, types, and sizes to make the neighborhood as functional as possible, so feel free to add to your family if needed.

Next week will be the build week for your houses. You can make a Sim-replica of our real house or shoot for the moon and create the house of your dreams

One last thing, we need a name for this neighborhood we are creating! Any and all suggestions are welcomed. At the end of the week we’ll post a poll and let you, the members of Build-n-Share decide on the name.

Official Community Lot Sign-up Form

Family Surname (last name):
    Family members (first names) and ages:
    Chosen lot # (1-72):
    Chosen lot address:
    **Media and lot link will be submitted next week

Everyone in Creative Corner is welcome to participate and showcase their skills in this community project :) We hope that current and past Build-n-Share members will join in to make this a neighborhood to remember! See the first post on this thread for a list of available lots. As soon as a lot is requested, the list will be updated to reflect that it is no longer available. And don't forget to put in your suggestion for the name of our Community Neighborhood!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StyxLadyStyxLady Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited May 2011
    Sounds so fun!

Family Surname (last name): StyxLady
    Family members (first names) and ages: Caitlin(YA), Matthew(YA), Samantha(Child), Willow(Child), Casey(Toddler)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 67
    Chosen lot address: Water Lily Lane - 67 - 30 x 30 - (Kennedy Household)

Hmm, name suggestions...
    Fellow's Valley (like fellowship or community)
    Friendly Hollow
    Bridgewood

I'll try to add more suggestions as I think of them.
  • ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2011
    is there a cheat to make the family connections from like grandmother to grandchild without making the ppl in between?
  • scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited May 2011

Family Surname (last name): Phoenix
    Family members (first names) and ages: JohnScorpio(Young Adult), Jensen(teen), Adain(child)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 26
    Chosen lot address: Recurve Strand 40X30
    edited May 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    is there a cheat to make the family connections from like grandmother to grandchild without making the ppl in between?

Hmmmm... I don't know of any cheats for that specific thing myself, but you could create all three generations and use a cheat to... uhm "get rid of" the middle generation. Hope that doesn't sound too morbid :shock: Anyone else have a better suggestion?
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2011
    StyxLady wrote:
    Sounds so fun!

Family Surname (last name): StyxLady
    Family members (first names) and ages: Caitlin(YA), Matthew(YA), Samantha(Child), Willow(Child), Casey(Toddler)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 67
    Chosen lot address: Water Lily Lane - 67 - 30 x 30 - (Kennedy Household)

Hmm, name suggestions...
    Fellow's Valley (like fellowship or community)
    Friendly Hollow
    Bridgewood

I'll try to add more suggestions as I think of them.

Great suggestions! Have you down for #67 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2011

Family Surname (last name): Phoenix
    Family members (first names) and ages: JohnScorpio(Young Adult), Jensen(teen), Adain(child)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 26
    Chosen lot address: Recurve Strand 40X30

Gotcha down for #26, Scorpio :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2011

Family Surname (last name): Jubee
    Family members (first names) and ages: Just an Anju
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 63
    Chosen lot address: 500 Sunnyside Blvd.
    **Media and lot link will be submitted next week

So excited! It's been ages since we did a community neighborhood! I'm looking forward to playing Generations in this neighborhood with everyone's creations!
  • RedmaeRedmae Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2011

Family Surname (last name): Redmae
    Family members (first names) and ages: Addie (young adult), Rita (young adult), Carl (young adult), Emily (teenager), Ira (toddler)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 69
    Chosen lot address: 53 Waterfall Way
  • mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Oh, this sounds like fun!

Family Surname (last name): mgolden27
    Family members (first names) and ages: Michelle: Adult, Scott: Adult, Alexis: Teen, Brooke: Teen, Skott: Child, and Devyn: Child
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 61
    Chosen lot address: Sunnyside Blvd - 455 - 40 x 40

On a side note, since we don't begin building until next week, will we be able to use the new Generations expansion pack in this? The spiral stair cases will help me builing a house like mine. :)
  • StyxLadyStyxLady Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited May 2011
    I hope we can use Generations stuff! My daughters have bunk beds in their room IRL. ;)

Another question, will CC be allowed?
  • ravenghostwolvesravenghostwolves Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2011

Family Surname (last name): Ghostwolf
    Family members (first names) and ages: Darren(Young Adult), Lynn(Young Adult), Shawna(teen), Patrick(teen)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): #2
    Chosen lot address: Landgraab Ave - 86 - 40 x 40 - (Keaton Household)

Already have a house in mind, it is one I built but was refreshing to post next month. I'm going to try and flop the plan though for this build requireing me to totally rebuild it. Depending though on what Generations will let me do with the spiral stair case it may get an extensive redo.
    edited May 2011
    StyxLady wrote:
    Another question, will CC be allowed?

Hmm, this is a good question.

However, I'm gonna have to say that I'll only be downloading houses with no CC. I'm just too scared of corruption occurring!
  • ravenghostwolvesravenghostwolves Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2011
    ZYIsSims wrote:

Hmmmm... I don't know of any cheats for that specific thing myself, but you could create all three generations and use a cheat to... uhm "get rid of" the middle generation. Hope that doesn't sound too morbid :shock: Anyone else have a better suggestion?

I was going to suggest something simular create all 3 generations, I'm guessing you would only really need 1 person from the middle generation to make the connection, then go into play mode and in edit town split the un-needed member from the family or have them move out on thier own, then save the wanted family members to share?
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited May 2011

Family Surname (last name): Bob
    Family members (first names) and ages: TF- young adult; KC- young adult; PJ- child
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 28
    Chosen lot address: Redwood Pkwy- 100- 25 x 30 (Empty Lot)

It's a challenge for me to complete a lot in 1 or 2 weeks, but I will give it a try.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top