Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need for Memory Feature

meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
I think that the sims should have some sort of memory feature back.

Not the "met so and so" or "burned tofu dog" but the major memories. More like "got married to so and so" and "so and so got a promotion" and "so and so died" and "so and so adopted so and so".

Since our sims can run around and do things on their own, even if you don't play a family for a while, it would be really nice to have someplace to catch up easily with the family.

This way, once story progression is fixed, we won't miss out on important events that happened and we won't have to pause the game and play catch up. It is annoying when you have to figure out what things are different and why.

Does anybody agree?

Comments

• Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely agree, actually. With the story mode, it would be nice to have major memories on file someplace so when you switch your active family, you can learn just what your Sim was up to while you were away from them.
  • EshaPaul82EshaPaul82 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    Or at least a message memory log, there were quite a few messages I missed. Also there should be info on where your friends live. I had a few sims ask my sim over, and I couldn't find it. In the relationship panel when you click on a sims face it should say: chat, invite over, or go to sim. Something like that.
  • dearpriscilladearpriscilla Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree. Being able to peek through your sims memories would be helpful. It's one of the few things I miss about the Sims 2.
  • ItsakuItsaku Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely agree, actually. With the story mode, it would be nice to have major memories on file someplace so when you switch your active family, you can learn just what your Sim was up to while you were away from them.

That's a good idea it would be really interesting to see that and just how funny the computer playing your characters can be.
  • thetxsvxnthetxsvxn Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2009
    Absolutely! Memories also allow sims to talk about events in the past with other sims, etc.
  • Kisser_dkKisser_dk Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with you guys! The memories made my sims feel more... human I guess, and I really miss that part of my sims lives.
  • UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They missed that out!? :shock:

I only got the game today so I have not checked properly but I liked that little feature and it's a shame if it's gone for good.

Wonder why they got rid?
  • SheridanSheridan Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would think that with how your other sims continue to grow in TS3 when you're not playing them, that it would be more important than ever to have memories in tact.