Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play Sims 4?

Comments

• Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited May 2011
    Heck yeah... unless they make it some lame mmo which is not what the sims is supposed to be. It probably wouldn't run on the computer I have now but if they do come out with a sims 4 it will be years away and I'm sure I'll have bought a newer better oen by then anyway, it's not like you keep the same computer forever.
  • EmmibearEmmibear Posts: 243
    edited May 2011
    Well, Sims games haven't really been the same for me ever since Will Wright left EA. They don't have the "Sims" feel in them.
    If The Sims 3 continues the way it's going, and all of the bugs and whatnot. Then I probably won't be hooked to The Sims 4. Yeah, I'll probably buy it to see what it's like(Killing my computer in the process), but I don't see myself being addicted. Haha.
  • kewln00bkewln00b Posts: 158
    edited May 2011
    No, I'm fixated on Sims 3 and 2 right now and I don't feel like uninstalling them just to play Sims 4 (which will no doubt be a PC killer)
  • ponchieooponchieoo Posts: 1,417 Member
    edited May 2011
    it will come out in like 2-4 years... I may play it! If i hear good reviews , also ill get it when the first expansion pack comes out so it has more stuff to do. I have to pay 50 $ for it though...
  • kewln00bkewln00b Posts: 158
    edited May 2011
    Emmibear wrote:
    Well, Sims games haven't really been the same for me ever since Will Wright left EA. They don't have the "Sims" feel in them.
    If The Sims 3 continues the way it's going, and all of the bugs and whatnot. Then I probably won't be hooked to The Sims 4. Yeah, I'll probably buy it to see what it's like(Killing my computer in the process), but I don't see myself being addicted. Haha.

Hiring Humble was the worst thing to happen to Sims since Sims Online. As much as I love Sims 3 Mr. Humble took away the BEST, fun and goofy things from Sims. I mean play Sims 2 and notice the only improvement in Sims 3 is the gameplay (not as much loading screens)
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited May 2011
    Aw, so many no's :(.

I think part of the reason is cause many of you have been around since sims 1. I have only played sims since about halfway sims 2 was out...

So, my answer is yes! I can only imagine it being better in some way. I know, I know, don't get my hopes up, but they're not up, I'm still thinking about the future Eps for sism 3.
  • CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited May 2011
    If it's all digital (no disk) maybe not. If Ea doesn't get its act together by the time Sims 3 is done with definitely not.
  • horsesrock2009horsesrock2009 Posts: 855 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Aw, so many no's :(.

I think part of the reason is cause many of you have been around since sims 1. I have only played sims since about halfway sims 2 was out...

So, my answer is yes! I can only imagine it being better in some way. I know, I know, don't get my hopes up, but they're not up, I'm still thinking about the future Eps for sism 3.

I played sims 1 from about 2003 to about 2007ish, but it's been so long since I really played and I don't even have the disks anymore, that I've forgotten what the game was like.

I personally haven't run into any major issues with 3, and I do play on a laptop. However mine also happens to be a really good laptop, but it wasn't overly expensive or anything, I got it on sale at staples.
  • lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited May 2011
    Well The Sims is going to become fully digital. And I really don't think there is that much left for The Sims 3. Maybe two more EPs and a stuff pack.

I have to admit that while I love 3, I'm sort of disappointed with how the series ended. (should the end be with 3)
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • horsesrock2009horsesrock2009 Posts: 855 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Ummmm.

No one knows for sure if 3 will end anytime soon, to me it seems there is room for a few more eps, but then I haven't brought any in a while. I'm considering getting one sooner or later, as all I have right now is base game and WA.

Even if 3 ends soon, the game itself will still be around for a while.

Anyway, I doubt 3 will end entirely until 4 is actually out, there's always been a lot of overlap with the games, and it usually takes 2-3 years to get all the eps made for one, then maybe a year after that for the other to come out. The last sims 2 ep, came out in 2008 if I remember correctly. Then about a year later 3 came out. Then there's been overlap, in the walmart in my town, you can still by eps and stuff packs for 2, not as many as you could a few years back but you can still get a few.
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure. I can't really make a judgement on the game until it's official and we hear some information about it. I'm pretty attached to sims 3 now though so it'll take some convincing :wink:
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited May 2011
    I will definitely buy and play Sims 4 when that time comes. It's fun to step in to another world sometimes. It's like reading a book or watch a movie, but with the difference that I can participate in the story. :-)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2011
    If there was a sims 4, then I'd better start saving my money now for the best computer in town, maybe save up real hard to buy an Alienware computer, that's expensive right now, but an awesome computer, and will handle the graphics! with the computer I have now, I think Sims 4 will kill it!:)
  • jps0228jps0228 Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited May 2011
    If my computer can handle it.. * looks at computer* right? *computer struggles to run* D'oh! >_<
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's too early for me to decide. I mean, there's been no official word of it and Sims 3 is still being worked on (EP wise). We have no idea what it'll be like or anything, so I can't say whether I will or not. Can't say anything on just a title.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited May 2011
    Well, I dunno. First off, I'd want to see if it would run on my laptop (probably not, but my computer has surprised me lately with what it can handle). Secondly, I'd want to see in-game videos of it first (to see what it'll be like). So I can't really say if I'd want to play/buy it just yet or not. Knowing me...I will just because I've been an avid fan of The Sims (for PC) since they first came out.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited May 2011
    No
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2011
    I honestly don't know. The sims 3 is only 2 years old (almost), so we'll just have to wait and see. If the game is completely digital without the option to buy the disk, then probably not. The sims 4 is aways off still. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited May 2011
    It amuses me that so many people have an opinion about a product that doesn't even exist yet. We know nothing of what Sims 4 might be so you can't really make an informed decision either way.

However, speculation for the sake of discussion can be fun.

I would be interested in learning what Sims 4 might be. If it looks promising, I will buy it. If my computer needs upgrades in order to play it, I will definitely get them, though more likely because other games I have interest in will warrant them.

But really, who knows, in 2+ years I may not have the time anymore to play many games so I'll have to pick and choose accordingly.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2011
    Why yes, but I have to agree with Jericho (above), it's hard to judge as we haven't even seen pics yet... and it'll be a long time 'til we do.

But what makes me think I'd stop it? Sure, I might, if I cop on to make my own life. But, y'know, it's pretty much part of me life now.

WOW that's sad. :?
  • overcookedburgerovercookedburger Posts: 2,152 New Member
    edited May 2011
    It probably wont work on my computer unless I upgrade it AGAIN customly.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2011
    At the moment I would have to say no :(

I do feel the Sims is losing it magic it had!

Don’t get me wrong I like the Sims 3 I just don't love it like I did with the other two series!

It’s been stripped down with all the game play, fun and humor :(

In the past I spent a lot more time playing now I get bored within a month after a new expansion pack!

They would have to improve it :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited May 2011
    It would have to be a big, HUGE improvement over The Sims 2 and 3 for me to even become remotely excited about it, and as I doubt that EA will be improving anything in the near future we will have to see.....

And it would also have to be on a physical disc for me to own it, I am not going to spend 40 or 50 bucks on something that I can't physically handle.
  • CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited May 2011
    Honestly I want sims 4 to look cutting edge. Super realistic or I'm not even gonna care :?
  • marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited May 2011
    I guess it depends on what the features will be.
    What the gameplay will be like.