Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rflong will start a new World Index thread! :)

BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
Since Rflong has started the BRAND NEW World Index here, please register your worlds in the New World Index thread! :D

Bear in mind, Rflong and I are in agreement that all finished worlds posted in the index here will also be posted in the back-up of the index here at CS3, unless posting it at CS3 gets you so upset you're ready to explode or something. You know how it is, this forum likes to go down or just not let some people in for the fun of it. And besides, I don't always want to have to come here and wait on this forum to load every time I want to use the index. :mrgreen:

Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)

Comments

• clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited May 2011
    Well, I hope simmers get into the habit of listing here.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2011
    Ah! This is great, Regina (& Auntielynds)!!!

I like the new layout/plan to it too. The old Index was getting quite littered with worlds that were never going to be completed too. So it makes sense to only include finished ones. :)

What will happen to the old Index (stickied?)

EDIT; I don't think this has been registered:

NAME: Argent Shores - by Conorsim
    LINK: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/359046.page
    TECH:WA, AMB, LN & Riverview
    FILE SIZE: 37, 405MB
    LOTS: 22, R-11, C-11 (approx.)
    THEME: Nestled far off the coast of Simnation, Argent Shores is a quaint little island of sorts. Once a tiny port, its function now is just to house those who wish to escape life on the mainland. But will the residents accept the newcomers? And will their secrets be unearthed? - By Conorsim
    RELEASE: 20 April 2011
    TESTING: Done.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited May 2011
    We will try to get the old index unstickied and have this one pinned in its place. :)
    edited May 2011
    I think it would be awesome if you let the submissions also have a picture or 2 for when the simmers are too lazy to go to the thread or atleast know what they are going to see when they enter the thread.
  • PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Sounds great, maybe I should pop mine in there.
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Hello! I like your decision to put up only completed worlds - it'll definitely help some of the clutter of the old index. Maybe I or someone else could just put up an informal topic for people who want to "advertise" WIP worlds (with pics and links only). Thanks for taking the time to do all this work!
    edited May 2011
    Clubers I have thought of that and it may be implemented but not without some thought first as to how badly it would slow down the loading of the index. If someone's truly interested in a world, they will click to see the thread, but at the same time it would be nice to have a single over-head image of the world just to get an idea of whether a person wants to investigate further or not.

Yes, PapaSmurf, it really does help people to find your world. The World Index has been almost the only resource I've used from the start when looking for worlds to play.
    edited May 2011
    Yes, PapaSmurf, it really does help people to find your world. The World Index has been almost the only resource I've used from the start when looking for worlds to play.

Never really thought about, until I read this, along with probably a lot of others.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited May 2011
    BSIRegina,

Thanks for doing this.
    edited May 2011
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Clubers I have thought of that and it may be implemented but not without some thought first as to how badly it would slow down the loading of the index. If someone's truly interested in a world, they will click to see the thread, but at the same time it would be nice to have a single over-head image of the world just to get an idea of whether a person wants to investigate further or not.

Well, since you want some thoughts, I was thinking about how the look of the world can persuade better than the description, so there should be one.

If you are scared of the loading, then maybe you should try to get the top post of some of the next pages, that way it can be like "On page 1 are worlds starting from A-G, on page 3 is H-P, and on page 4 is Q-Z."
    edited May 2011
    By the way, does this mean that worlds aren't going to be posted here on the sims site but on the other forum?
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Maybe pictures could be permitted if they were made to be much smaller, such as entering "width=300, height=200" or smaller instead of the normal 600/400.
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2011
    Great idea guys! Can we suggest finished worlds that are not ours or try to inform some people that dont typicaly post on this forum to include their worlds in the new list?
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited May 2011
    Great! Ive got about 18 new worlds to update! :shock:

Just kidding. :mrgreen:
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think the world index should stay here. If you two are planing on taking care of the index there then taking care of it here will be just as easy for you.
    Both can alternate posts and can edit them to add worlds. This decision of two people sounds like you two control the boards. I know you two are popular here but this is the main site. People post here from their fan sites to show their worlds and their friends come and bump their topics. People come here to look.
    This is the main site and a world index of worlds shown here should be here.
    edited May 2011
    I had to take care of some house stuff but I'll try to address the questions and comments one by one.
    Well, since you want some thoughts, I was thinking about how the look of the world can persuade better than the description, so there should be one.
    I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words. I do, however, need to decide how best such a thing could be implemented, which in the end means if I can't come up with something reasonable it won't be added. We can't post, say, fifty images in a single post.
    Maybe pictures could be permitted if they were made to be much smaller, such as entering "width=300, height=200" or smaller instead of the normal 600/400.
    Again, I'll try to think of some way to add images without causing a lot of problems. :)
    Great idea guys! Can we suggest finished worlds that are not ours or try to inform some people that dont typicaly post on this forum to include their worlds in the new list?
    Yes, if you know people who have finished worlds that aren't listed here, point them in the direction of the index, either here or at CS3. That way their worlds can gain exposure as well. As a general rule, the threads on this site will take priority for linking to, but if a creator has a thread on another forum or even a web page where there world is uploaded, a link can be posted to that.
    Great! Ive got about 18 new worlds to update!
    Aren't you glad your worlds are already listed? :lol:
    I think the world index should stay here. If you two are planing on taking care of the index there then taking care of it here will be just as easy for you.
    Both can alternate posts and can edit them to add worlds. This decision of two people sounds like you two control the boards. I know you two are popular here but this is the main site. People post here from their fan sites to show their worlds and their friends come and bump their topics. People come here to look.
    This is the main site and a world index of worlds shown here should be here.

We didn't come to this decision lightly and we never would have done it without Simmerville's permission.

Say we did create a new thread here and as you say use multiple posts for updates. Say I kept the base game and WA world lists updated and AuntieLynds kept the Amb and LN worlds updated. To start with, that would mean AuntieLynds would be doing practically all of the updates since hardly any worlds are now created without LN. Also if one of the people who needed to maintain their post had to be away from the Sims or their computer or whatever (believe me, this kind of thing happens regularly, I had to be away from home most of last winter) then another person can't just step in and take over the updates for the person who is away. It's against this forum's TOS to let more than one person have access to a single account. On an outside forum, however, several moderators can be (and already have been, so far they include AuntieLynds, Aynat, and me) allowed access to that section so that we will be able to keep the index updated in a timely manner.

Members here will still be registering their worlds in this thread and getting to the new index is only going to require a couple more clicks of a mouse button. I'm not expecting people from here who visit the index to even register at CS3 and a good many of them won't even make it to the main forum because all they're interested in is the Index. If they want to register or look around the site, that would be wonderful, but if not that's fine too. We are just trying to keep a valuable resource to the community available.
    edited May 2011
    THEME: Nestled far off the coast of Simnation, Argent Shores is a quaint little island of sorts. Once a tiny port, its function now is just to house those who wish to escape life on the mainland. But will the residents accept the newcomers? And will their secrets be unearthed? - By Conorsim

Added 7 May, 2011 by Regina
    edited May 2011
    Bump..
  • Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2011
    You do not have to share one account to have a three people updating one topic here. Three people who can post and be linked to the main page are fine.
    Who is to say your site will not go down in a month or two. It is the same, a new post here.
    I rather not sign up to another site for me to forget about and loose my account. I have checked out your site, it was almost empty in the world section. Nothing wrong with starting out, everyone must start at the beginning. :)
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited May 2011
    I have a tendency to take the bull by the horns, and take care of things. When I saw that Simmerville had posted in the WI, that she would not be updating any longer, I was concerned that the WI would die. I contacted Regina, to see if she would be interested in hosting the WI at CS3. At that point, I should have posted a thread to get feedback from everyone here. :oops: I really just didn't think there was any interest in it. I apologize for making assumptions. My intentions were not to control this forum, and it saddens me that you misconstrued my actions. If you or anyone else would like to start a thread to open up discussions about how to proceed with the WI, feel free. Regina and I will keep it updated until you come up with a solution.

• KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited May 2011
    :D

NAME: Rovington Islands - by KayPapagei
    LINK: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/369241.page
    TECH:WA, AMB, LN, RV
    FILE SIZE: 71.82 MB
    LOTS: 61, R-26, C-35 (approx.)
    THEME: A collection of jungle inspired Islands, with a variety of 'modern' houses (ie not beach huts), clubs and bars.
    RELEASE: 30-4-11
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2011
    BSIRegina wrote:

Added 7 May, 2011 by Regina

Thanks, Regina! :mrgreen:

and bump! ;)
  • aynat134aynat134 Posts: 638 Member
    edited May 2011
    KayPapagei wrote:
    :D

NAME: Rovington Islands - by KayPapagei
    LINK: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/369241.page
    TECH:WA, AMB, LN, RV
    FILE SIZE: 71.82 MB
    LOTS: 61, R-26, C-35 (approx.)
    THEME: A collection of jungle inspired Islands, with a variety of 'modern' houses (ie not beach huts), clubs and bars.
    RELEASE: 30-4-11

added ty!!
  • jay6754jay6754 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited May 2011
    NAME: London- by jay6754`
    Link to thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/203564.page
    Tech: EP required All EPs File size: 360MB R-lots 700 C-lots 30
    Theme: London/Big (Just a couple lines - more info in your world's thread)
    Release date: 2010

• aynat134aynat134 Posts: 638 Member
    edited May 2011
    You do not have to share one account to have a three people updating one topic here. Three people who can post and be linked to the main page are fine.
    Who is to say your site will not go down in a month or two. It is the same, a new post here.
    I rather not sign up to another site for me to forget about and loose my account. I have checked out your site, it was almost empty in the world section. Nothing wrong with starting out, everyone must start at the beginning. :)

I wish not to step on toes here. I understand where you are coming from and its totally understandable. I kinda like the idea of it on two sites, which in all fairness is what is gonna end up happening here. EA has lost the WI post in the past and summerville was able to save most of it through a search, but alot of the worlds dissappeared from the link too.

Those who want thier worlds posted are gonna link in this post. And we are going to keep it updated over at CS3. Simmers can look here or there.

CS3 has been around a while, she recently moved it to a new server, which in the process weeded out alot of old, not used posts. Anything of importance was saved and moved or re-posted. Which is why the site may look bare to you at this point.

I am sorry you feel that people are trying to run this forum. It wasnt meant to seem that way. It was merely a simmer reaching out for help with something she was doing and could no longer continue and others stepping in to help keep a valueable post alive!