Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

4 Twinbrook Road Textures, easy to follow instructions **Fixed**

Twinbrook Road Textures

i have extracted and placed the files into neat little files so they can easily be seen, 2 of the dirt roads include a file with instructions:the order, and the other two are fairly straight forward ..
the files are all DDS, im trying to get organised, after i will start sorting out my own road files :shock: heres a photo of the roads

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ct7mmnoj2c9i995

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/29uom6a.jpg "width=500"[/IMG]

the asphalt-industrial matches the bridge road

and heres the link for twinbrook textures
Link to thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/230481.page
Link To Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3usumrcn8wqofof

p.s I also recommend water_cat's extracted textures
http://www.customsims3.com/smf/index.php?topic=1853.0

(also, i noticed in the photo i put the wrong texture in for the second road corner intersection, Dw its normal in the files, they are all labelled neatly,
im just in a hurry :-o
i have fixed the upload, the first version was missing a few road files, very sorry about this, updating the page now,

Comments

• kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank You for extracting these for us! You are wonderful!!

KD
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Drowssap, nice of you to release these, they`re very cool. Cheers
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2010
    I've been wanting that old road texture!

Thank you Drowsapp! :D:D:D
  • simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank you, exactly what wanted.
  • angel_lillieangel_lillie Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank you honey! That dirt road is gonna be useful in my world. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2010
    thank you so much for this.
    However i get the impression that there are missing files or i'm doing something wrong

Here is what i get by placing each texture as it's name suggest.
    roads.jpg

I had to add some more since some seemed to be missing. Files I can't find are:

Asphalt: street base and sidewalk base normal. I used the base game ones instead

Swamp:intersection corner and detail/opacity. Used the street ones

there are no files at all for the other asphalt one

Here are all the files i got with the zip.
    files.jpg

I have no idea what i'm dooing wrong :(
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited September 2010
    mm :shock: the cross walk texture your using must be wrong :? i will have a check now actually i will had up some screens of which to use :)!

give me 5 and i will help
    edited September 2010
    mm strange :shock: i organised the road files into neat little files? do sub-files not transfer with winRAR or ZIP

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ujthjn.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/keaoig.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

oh dear :( i uploaded the wrong file, i uploaded my first version, this is what i get from rushing, uploading the correct file now
    edited September 2010
    LOL don't worry ,can happen to anyone :)
    Downloading again
    Thanx :)

The pic above is going to be really helpfull

Edit:By the way i haven't tested it yet but it seems that the textures have all the same name. Is this mormal? they are all IMJ_grassMarshBrown.dds IMJ_grassMarshBrown (2).dds IMJ_grassMarshBrown(3).dds up to IMJ_grassMarshBrown(12).dds

Edit 2: it says in one of the text files to paint under intersection corners. Is this needed and will look weird if i don't? Cause i think i'm close to the 8 per chunk limit on my world

Edit 3: ok I just tested the roads in CAW. They work perfect. It seems i do have to paint under the corners to hide that annoying thing.. I don't think anyone has figured how to get rid of it. Also the textures are OK. They are just named the same.
    Thanks again... Now I have to get busy and change half the roads in my world lol
  • kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank You for the updated files AND the notes for them. Awesome!

KD
    edited September 2010
    oh dear :shock: i will check that out now D:
    omg they do :shock: what the heck! i have no idea how this happened
    uploading a fixed version now

thankyou very much for pointing this out!

*fixed*, uploaded proper named versions

again :oops:

please let me know if iv messed anything else up, i have a half day in college tomorrow :D
    and if anyone has any problems with the files please post :)

as for the road corners, yes i did notice that, and spent a good while talking to wyndhane about a possible solution, but well after looking in twinbrook the roads there have the corners like that too, and actually what they did in twinbrook was use other road intersections so like dirt road connecting onto a asphalt road intersection so there is not many dirt/swamp road intersections in twinbrook,
    i will have to look for photos and examples later! i will get more organised i swear!
  • JezziezJezziez Posts: 208
    edited September 2010
    thanks
    edited September 2010
    drowssap wrote:
    oh dear :shock: i will check that out now D:
    omg they do :shock: what the heck! i have no idea how this happened
    uploading a fixed version now

thankyou very much for pointing this out!

*fixed*, uploaded proper named versions

again :oops:

please let me know if iv messed anything else up, i have a half day in college tomorrow :D
    and if anyone has any problems with the files please post :)

as for the road corners, yes i did notice that, and spent a good while talking to wyndhane about a possible solution, but well after looking in twinbrook the roads there have the corners like that too, and actually what they did in twinbrook was use other road intersections so like dirt road connecting onto a asphalt road intersection so there is not many dirt/swamp road intersections in twinbrook,
    i will have to look for photos and examples later! i will get more organised i swear!

Will be redownloading that too then :)
    Everything works fine! Many many thanks!! The pics were very helpfull!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/260657.page#3410907 <-- Your roads on Page 2 :)

Edit: not your fault that EA hasn't figured out a way for the corners of dirt roads not to get crappy. And IMO you are organised enough already :)
  • CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I have no idea how to use .rar files. Can someone help me convert them to .dds without having to install any programs onto my computer?? :/
  • Woody_HardcoreWoody_Hardcore Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Do you know of any places I can look to find a good guide to creating custom roads?
  • eilifkreilifkr Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hi, thanks for your files. This are very helpful for making a better looking world.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Thankyou Drowssap :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi Woody :D

Check out the FAQ at the top of this forum, link in my siggy. There is a tut in there under Basic Tutorials, How to make a Custom Road, by HturnerP.

• DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you so much for the Twinbrook textures :D Especially the road textures. I feel a little "challenged" when trying to get these right and they end up very ugly when experimenting with road textures.
  • sararitacupcakesararitacupcake Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    thanks drowssap!! :):mrgreen::mrgreen: