Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SUGGESTIONS (babysitter & more)

inkheart27inkheart27 Posts: 51 New Member
Dude-remember when you used to schedule the babysitter to work around your work schedule? Well, what happened? I literally have to call the sitter each day before I go to work? This needs fixed.

Otherwise my issues are:

custom sims shouldn't move without being customly moved.

I should be able to switch houses without sacrificing opportunities/wishes. Especially if I want to temporarily freeze story progression to get my own townies in there before I play my main characters. Jeez-why can't they go after wishes and opportunities without me even.

And I miss memories, and being able to take screenshots and write a story with it.

Comments

• lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited June 2009
    I miss memories, and being able to take screenshots and write a story with it.

Me too! I loved writing stories on here. You think EA would have imporved their memories rather than deleted them all together.
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • mjwhittmjwhitt Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I guess the pictures/stories are now via the website. You can take snapshots (press C) and then upload them to the website through the Sims3 Launcher. Then use them to write a story in the Movies & Stories section.

I enjoyed taking pictures/writing little stories in the Sims 2, but this is too detached from the game for me to want to use it. Oh well.
  • VerdantVerdant Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to third missing the memories. Like, when I change household how am I supposed to know if they've been up to anything interesting when I was gone if they don't have any memories to show me?

And I must say that even with Story Progression on the other households don't seem to -do- anything except when my single people spawn mystery babies all on their lonesome. Why can't they have wishes and pursue that and their lifetime want instead of seeming to just... exist?
  • thetxsvxnthetxsvxn Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2009
    It would be nice, too, if we could recruit teens we know to babysit for simoleons like we do in real life, or ask neighbors to watch our little simmikins while we go out for a bit. Now that we have neighborhood interactions, we should be able to do things like that pretty easily.
  • gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    well i like the story progression without being in the household but in the future it would probably be a good idea if they made that optional.
    edited June 2009
    hire the babysitters like in open for business based on experience and skill and adjust their pay? i dunno x.x
  • CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    inkheart27 wrote:
    Dude-remember when you used to schedule the babysitter to work around your work schedule? Well, what happened? I literally have to call the sitter each day before I go to work? This needs fixed.

In the real world, babies and toddlers go to daycare while Mom and Dad are at work. So, why not have our little Simlings dropped off at daycare, where they learn things, like RL babies do (potty training, sharing, music, how to say "please" and thank you," etc)?

The nanny/babysitter madness is getting out of control. Their behavior is literally criminal.
    edited June 2009
    in real life day care is aweful lol i know this is random. the parents drop their kids off, the bad behaved kids teach the other ones to be bad behaved, and then when they get out of control the teacher looks like they can't control them. and when You tell the parent their kid hit another child all they say is, "well what did THEY do to MY kid? she/he doesn't just hit someone for no reason." uh they didn't do anything ur kid is a horrible brat LOL.
    edited June 2009
    sorry couldn't help it xD
  • CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    gamer_mom wrote:
    in real life day care is aweful lol i know this is random. the parents drop their kids off, the bad behaved kids teach the other ones to be bad behaved, and then when they get out of control the teacher looks like they can't control them. and when You tell the parent their kid hit another child all they say is, "well what did THEY do to MY kid? she/he doesn't just hit someone for no reason." uh they didn't do anything ur kid is a horrible brat LOL.

Do you work in daycare? :lol:

My work place has an on-site daycare, and it's great. The people who work there are really amazing. The kids have their troubles, but it's never anything like what you described.

edited June 2009
    lol i worked at a poorly run day care for like 4 days before i quit. The kids aren't terrible it was the bosses. The bosses daughter who obviously is above everyone else is one of those people who abuses her power and reports every thing to her mother and even embellishes a bit. for example: The first time i met the daughter we were in a room putting the kids to nap. I got three kids confused. She was calling to a kid to come to her.. lets call the kid tiffany. I was like.. isn't that britney? <no thats britney next to you.> oh i thought that was kayla. guess what she did. she goes out and then i have the boss come in and say, "you don't tell my daughter what the kids names are because she is above u and knows better. uh okayyyyyyyyyy. also they put me in the room with the worst behaved kids with no training and expected me to know how to handle them. and yeah there were a few parents who thought their kids were angels when they were the worst behaved there lol. "My kid doesn't act that way at home so shes not doin it here" uh excuse me were you here to see it? lol