The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game is lagging terrible on my brand new computer. PLEASE HELP!

This is a repost from the mac forum since it only got 2 views all night... weird.

Sup guys.

Im having a serious problem with my new 2011 iMac. I bought the high end 27 inch.

Specs:

Core i7 3.2GHz
ATI Radeon HD 6970M with 1gig of GDDR5 memory.
4 gigs of DDR3 1333 RAM
1TB 7200RPM HDD

Its pretty much a maxed out system but for some reason the sims takes ABOUT 10 minutes to load and when it finally does it lags LIKE ALL HELL even on low.

I know there is nothing wrong with my system. Something is up with the game and im looking for some guidance..... Thanks guys.

Comments

• UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Buy a better computer. :twisted:

I kid but this game likes very few computers due to it's shoddy/rushed programming and when you think you have finally found a solution, a patch comes along and breaks it even more!

My advise? Give up. This has been going on 3 years nearly.. :roll:
  • simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited May 2011
    You sure you bought the mac version?
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited May 2011
    simgreen wrote:
    The game has no "versions". The Sims 3 is a WIN/MAC DVD, meaning it works on both PC and Mac computers.
  • whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    simgreen wrote:
    The game has no "versions". The Sims 3 is a WIN/MAC DVD, meaning it works on both PC and Mac computers.

I have a 2 macs. The one with the dual processor and 8 GB of ram is next to useless. Takes forever to load.
    The newer one with the quad processor and 8 GB runs ok. I do get the lag, but that is because of the game not the computer.
  • Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited May 2011
    I got the same problem with my Mac Mini running the game on OSX
    I even got 8GB of memory, the game runs fine in bootcamp but with horrible lag on low in OSX i think its just how the game was ported it uses cider which translates DirectX 9 to OpenGL... thats what i was told :shock:
  • SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited May 2011
    Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please?

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Thanks,

-Big Guy-
  • antman101antman101 Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2011
    Im using an iMac. There is no DX.

:-(

Anyone else? I just want to play the sims... this is really not cool.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2011
    There is no dxdiag on a Mac.

But @ the OP: Your Mac is too new and there hasn't been any official statement yet about Sims compatibility with the newer models. The only models that are listed as supported are more than 2 years old. You could check similar threads in the Mac forums with regard to Macbooks as iMacs also use mobile graphics chipsets. Some Macbook owners were able to get the game to run. But as long as there aren't any official announcement that say otherwise you can consider your new machine as unsupported.
  • antman101antman101 Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2011
    Snapdragon wrote:
    There is no dxdiag on a Mac.

But @ the OP: Your Mac is too new and there hasn't been any official statement yet about Sims compatibility with the newer models. The only models that are listed as supported are more than 2 years old. You could check similar threads in the Mac forums with regard to Macbooks as iMacs also use mobile graphics chipsets. Some Macbook owners were able to get the game to run. But as long as there aren't any official announcement that say otherwise you can consider your new machine as unsupported.

I have never heard of a game having to support a specific system... thats crazy.

This stinks.
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's not the system it's the hardware that can end up being unsupported. This goes both backwards for outdated computers and probably also forwards when a computer is newer than the ones it had been tested on. And frankly speaking, it cannot have been tested on many Macs to begin with.
    I remember this from the Sims 1. My old Mac became too weak for all EPs and when I got a new one it was too new for the game to play properly. It's a lose-lose situation.