Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meta Data Probelm(Solved)

So in CAW, my Metadata in my world has a big red X, can anyone explain this for me, is there any other way to get game objects, without edit in game if metadata doesn't work?

Comments

• Options
    wineland88Pwineland88P Posts: 599 Member
    edited May 2011
    here is the red x, I cut the render panel in paint.net so it just showed the metadata x
    metadatax.png

• Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited May 2011
    Did you search for something like bridge? Have you restarted the program and it is still that way? When did it first happen?
  • Options
    PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited May 2011
    So in CAW, my Metadata in my world has a big red X, can anyone explain this for me, is there any other way to get game objects, without edit in game if metadata doesn't work?

Out a curiosity did you use the search feature in metadata before the big red X came up?

And no I have no idea of any other way to get the game objects, I don't even think you can get to them in Edit in Game (EIG).

What I did to fix it was I saved my world and then restarted the program, and then tried to avoid using the search feature because if you type something wrong you end up with the red x.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Did you search for something like bridge? Have you restarted the program and it is still that way? When did it first happen?
    Yes I did search for something, and the red x appeared, I haven't restarted the program, if it doesn't work after that, then I'll resave the world file.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    PapaSmurf1 wrote:

Out a curiosity did you use the search feature in metadata before the big red X came up?

And no I have no idea of any other way to get the game objects, I don't even think you can get to them in Edit in Game (EIG).

What I did to fix it was I saved my world and then restarted the program, and then tried to avoid using the search feature because if you type something wrong you end up with the red x.

Hope that helps.
    Yes I used the search feature, as I said in the previous post, if it doesn't work when I restart CAW, then I'll resave the worldfile.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Restart. It did that when I searched for bridges and it came back after a restart.
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's no big deal, happened to me the first time I used the search on the Metadata tab. It took me a little while to get used to the wonky thing but eventually I discovered that if I had a list of all the trees, for example, that when I want to get back to the main list, delete the word tree from the menu then press the space bar and almost everything shows right as rain. The same thing will most likely happen if you just put a space after seeing the red X.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    That did not work for me when it happened. I did back it up to erase the word and I think I hit space. What do you mean, "almost everything shows right as rain?" what did not show or went wrong when you had it happen?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've fiqured it out,thanks everyone for your help!! It worked just fine, after I restarted the program, CAW can be a pain sometimes!! :lol:
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited May 2011
    "almost everything shows right as rain?"

Sometimes some of the trees are missing from the list, and when that happens the only cure is to restart the program.

Overall I close down and start it up every three or four hours anyway so it can turn loose of the RAM (not like this needs to be done with Large Address Aware but if a person only has two gigs of RAM, which I did for a long time, it's a good rule of thumb to prevent crashes) so it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if it worked properly in the first place.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)