Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☼ LIGHTHOUSE CHALLENGE *~* Feedback - Page 21 ☼ Lighthouse Chat and Share

:!: We are having some problems with this new thread, off and on. If anyone has trouble posting --- Use the regular way of posting to start, preview and make any necessary corrections. Then select all the text and copy it. If you get the error page, simply hit the back button on your browser, paste your entire submission in the Quick Reply box and hit the Submit button. If it still doesn't work, change browsers. I use both Chrome and Firefox. If you still can't make it work, leave a comment on my page and we'll go from there. :roll:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW THREAD - Welcome to the Lighthouse Challenge!

DUE DATE: May 20, 11:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I have spent many months building a lighthouse but I play about 20 versions of Sunset Valley, not to mention other towns, so I would like to have some more lighthouses in my game and I think this would be a fun challenge for those who love lighthouses for their simplicity, beauty and most importantly, their special purpose.

I would like to see what kind of lighthouse you might build for this location in Sunset Valley:
180 Redwood Parkway, size is 40 wide by 30 deep

Requirements, Guidelines and Preferences:

1. This is a residence and so it must include a small home for the lighthouse keeper. You may decide on your own if the lighthouse keeper has a spouse and/or one child. I am looking for a small house with no more than two bedrooms. You must include the typical common and private rooms: kitchen, living, bathrooms. While a shower is fine, please make sure the house has a bathtub for the Sim's pleasure and comfort.

2. You must include a basement. It need not be finished but it must be included as a constructional reality to what we have learned about building lighthouses over the years. The basement is used to help anchor the tower into the rock. It need not be large either; it just must be included.

3. The lighthouse may be attached to the home, be constructed on top of the home or it may be constructed very close to the home.

4. You are welcome to include Third Party Custom Content in your screenshots, but as a courtesy to those who do not like or do not know how to handle CC well it is asked that you do not upload your lot to the site with CC included. I ask that you limit yourself to no more than 10 (ten) items CC and you will need to offer specific links to the content (not links to the site where you found the items) so those of us who might want to use what you used can find things easily. Free CC is preferred but there are many creators who work with sites that have what amounts to membership fees and you will not be penalized for using some content from those sites.

- If you choose to add some CC, I realize there is an extreme shortage of content in the way of curtains, paintings and rugs in EA content so that's the type of content I would prefer you use - not a bunch of clutter.
- If you use CC patterns in your screenshots, please provide the links to them and note whose studio they came from. There are many highly respected pattern creators on this site. Please do not upload your lot with any CC patterns.
- All lots will be checked for clean content. Also, please do not upload lots with known bad store content from EA that has yet to be fixed. As much as I love the Cellar Arch, EA refuses to fix it so shame on them and don't use this arch in your build. It causes game crashing for too many people, not to mention it breaking the wall when it is used.
- It kind of goes without saying that all Sims 3 Store content is welcome, along with Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile content.
- Entries will be checked through CUSTARD but hopefully, you did that already.

5. I would like some of the various floors of the lighthouse to have a few usable objects so the tiny rooms of the tower are not just for exterior cosmetic purposes. One room might have an easel or a desk with computer, for example.

6. The resident(s) will have a small garden plot and do some fishing. Please note this is not a farm and much of the terrain will be rocky and sandy. Green grass is still needed because we are in Sunset Valley and this is the predominant groundcover.

7. I will happily accept a lot that is undergoing repairs and has some exterior scaffolding. A few rooms may be left unfinished but they should not be the major rooms. The uppermost floor of the lighthouse must be accessible and I hope you will plan something special for that room. This is the most important room in a lighthouse.

8. You are required to upload your lot to this website or another media hosting site.

9. You may submit one entry unless you are so over-burdened with ideas you have to submit a second one. ;-)

10. Following instructions - please read the instructions twice.

11. Screenshot Limit - no more than twelve allowed

12. You may submit any work that is YOURS, whether or not it has been submitted anywhere before, assuming you abide by the rules and guidelines.

13. Quoting entire posts - NOT ALLOWED!

Things to think about -

Around the world, many of our lighthouses are very old and have very interesting histories. You are free to copy a real life lighthouse, whether it is still standing or not.

I am looking for historical authenticity here, not a modern artistic approach so please keep that in mind. Lighthouses don't have swimming pools, nor hot tubs, as nice as that would be to have them.

You should be building on rock, not flat farm land but I do want to play these lots so please modify your terrain to seem like a rock and look like a rock but be very playable. A little terracing might be the best thing to add a little heighth. I recommend you test routing and depreciate the cost of the lot by sticking a Sim in there while you create the lot. Upgrading high end appliances and some of the plumbing and making a fireplace "fireproof" are always nice. Do not feel obligated to upgrade everything. My Sims want to do some of that, too. :D

EDIT: I forgot to say, lighthouses may be stone or brick or what-have-you, but the interiors are light, often white-washed with a soft-white coating of paint. Your residence should be a place of light, no matter how old and dark the exterior might be. You already knew that, right? :wink:

You are allowed to disable all building restrictions (i.e. use building/decorating "cheats"):
moveobjects on
placefriezes on
constrainfloorelevation false
buydebug
Please turn them off (reenable the restrictions) before you upload your lot to the site.

Prizes

First Place - 700 SimPoints' worth of prizes
Second Place - 500 SimPoints' worth of prizes
Third Place - 300 SimPoints' worth of prizes
You can keep your SimPoints' worth of prizes, share some or give them all away - whatever makes you happy. :mrgreen:

Judging Criteria

1-15 Points for Overall Authenticity - If you desire to include flowers all over the place - please provide a photo of a real lighthouse that has them as I've never seen such a thing.
1-15 Points for the Structure and Structural Integrity
1-10 Points for Exterior Landscaping
1-10 Points for Interior Decorating

* Because of the salty air, lighthouses undergo regular maintenance (assuming the finances are available). As mentioned above, some unfinished areas, including scaffolding, are quite reasonable and can add a unique touch to your lot. :D

I do use half-points when I judge so a tie is less likely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I naturally reserve the right to amend some things here and there, as this is my first competition. I hope I have not over-burdened anyone with too many rules. If you have an idea which you think requires bending or breaking a rule, please post here so we can discuss it ahead of time. I am looking for high quality work but I am flexible and I want this to be fun. I am open to some help in judging and I am always open to advice or any constructive criticism.

I don't require an entry form, per se, but it would make things easier if you would include the following at the top of your entry:

Name of lot:
Rough cost to build or what the value was when uploaded:
Any special features you'd like to emphasize:
Screenshots
Links for any CC used in the screenshots:

Remember! No CC allowed in the uploaded lots!
DUE DATE: May 20, 11:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

A great example: The Old Lighthouse by Holy Simoly
Screenshots for the above lot

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks to LoveEvil, here is some helpful information regarding the use of the Castle Kit for those who have it or ever hope to have it...

She discovered this problem...

LoveEvil wrote:
    I am not one to complain normally but I am a little miffed at having spent 700 points on the castle kit, to me it is utterly useless. Why is this you may ask yourself, well I have had it a few months but today I finally got around to having a play with it and I have found in my opinion one big flaw with it..flooring. For one thing there is no way we can add curved floor tiles in the curved sections of the wall, I guess you could use terrain paint on the ground floor but that is not much help on the upper levels. Also even on the straight sections I have floor tiles sticking out of the building, not by much but enough for it to look not right to me. I could have the small gap between the wall and the floor on the inside but even so it just kinda looks amateurish. :?

So have I missed something and am I building it wrong or something?

She found this solution...

LoveEvil wrote:
    I have spent the last hour trying to figure this out...

Below is an example using 3 identical buildings, 1 has no floor overhang, 2 has a little bit of overhang and 3 has a lot of floor overhang.

Screenshot.jpg

So here are the close up shots, can you spot the problem/difference yet?

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

I have found the problem to be grid placement. :roll:

Unless you place in the right spot to start with you always end up with the tile problem. Then add in that we have to use moveobjects on to put the pieces together, this can cause problems too as it's very easy to overlap pieces too much and not notice till you are further along in the build.

I also mentioned originally about floor gaps on straight parts of the building - I had been using the tab key to place certain areas of the castle parts to try and get flat walls and avoid this sticky out thing...

Screenshot-5.jpg

So I guess I have kinda solved this problem but I wonder why EA gave no instructions with this castle kit? I don't think I am a noob at building but yeah some guidelines on this would have been helpful. So in short line up your circular castle pieces to the dotted grid lines and not the ones you usually use for building. :roll:

edited May 2011
    Please honour our friends and their excellent work!
    Please recommend all entries and contributions!

A great example from a forum family friend:
    Cape May Lighthouse by Sashraf

A lovely contribution from our very own Kezza11178, somewhat oversized for our competition:
    Bellrock Signal Tower --- Post, Page 2

Entries

Yoda65 --- Phare de l'île aux Moutons - Lighthouse Sheep Island --- Post, Page 1

Romagi1 --- Stonehedge Lighthouse --- Post, Page 1

3TREES --- Jackson Memorial Lighthouse 2 --- Post, Page 1 and Page 5

Sashraf --- Avery Point Lighthouse --- Post, Page 1

Ciane --- Sim Abino Lighthouse --- Post, Page 1

Pegasas1993 --- Expanded Lighthouse for the Desert --- Please rec this one --> Lighthouse for the Desert --- Post, Page 1

Romagi1 --- Rondout Creek Lighthouse --- Post, Page 1

Welshminx --- Lighthouse --- Post, Page 1

Kezza11178 --- Bellrock Lighthouse --- Post, Page 2

Originalsim --- Redwood Lighthouse --- Post, Page 5

LoveEvil --- Ocean Spray Lighthouse --- Post, Page 5

EmpressPamela --- Pelican Bay Lighthouse --- Post, Page 6

Stinalina --- The Light & Joy Lighthouse --- Post, page 8

Lookingfornam --- Lighthouse Point - 1br, 1ba [V2] --- Post, Page 9

Simona999 --- Realistic Lighthouse --- Post, Page 11

Sashraf --- Fort Niagara Lighthouse --- Post, Page 11

ITguyinSC --- Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse --- Post, Page 11 --- Revised Version for 40x40 Lot

Godshelpio --- Reach Rock Pointe --- Post, Page 12 --- Video clip to watch light's functionality

Mimine17 --- Bayview --- Post, Page 13

Yoda65 --- Small Sheep Island Lighthouse --- Post, Page 14

Gouka --- Hachimenreirou Toudai --- Post, Page 14

Jurik1124 --- The Knotty Hill Lighthouse --- Post, Page 24
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2011
    Thank you all of you for your commitment to excellence. Thanks to Sashraf for her very generous sponsorship of this competition partly because of the excellent job all of you have done! Again, thanks to Yoda and Pegasas for sharing EA discount codes so these prizes could be improved upon. Thanks to my judges, one of whom you all know, Mom2Elias. I couldn't have done this without the help of each one and every one of you. I'm truly grateful and honored by your support.

~~~~~~~~

Honorable Mentions

3TREES --- Jackson Memorial Lighthouse 2
    Ciane --- Sim Abino Lighthouse
    Pegasas1993 --- Lighthouse for the Desert
    Welshminx --- Lighthouse
    Kezza11178 --- Bellrock Lighthouse and Bellrock Signal Tower
    Simona999 --- Realistic Lighthouse
    EmpressPamela --- Pelican Bay Lighthouse
    Mimine17 --- Bayview
    Gouka --- Hachimenreirou Toudai
    Godshelpio --- Reach Rock Pointe
    Yoda65 --- Phare de l'île aux Moutons - Lighthouse Sheep Island
    Romagi1 --- Stonehedge Lighthouse

~~~~~~~~

Placing

First Place --- Yoda65 --- Small Sheep Island Lighthouse

Second Place
    Romagi --- Rondout Creek Lighthouse
    -and-
    Originalsim --- Redwood Lighthouse

Third Place
    LoveEvil --- Ocean Spray Lighthouse
    -and-
    Lookingfornam --- Lighthouse Point

Fourth Place
    Stinalina --- The Light & Joy Lighthouse
    -and-
    ITguyinSC --- Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse

~~~~~~~~

Prizes

800 SimPoints--- Yoda --- 700 win plus 100 bonus for Phare de l'île aux Moutons
    600 --- Romagi --- 500 win plus 100 bonus for Stonehedge Lighthouse
    500 --- Originalsim --- Redwood Lighthouse
    400 --- LoveEvil --- Ocean Spray Lighthouse
    400 --- Lookingfornam --- Lighthouse Point
    300 --- Stinalina --- The Light & Joy Lighthouse
    300 --- ITguyinSC --- Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse

350 --- Kezza11178 --- Bellrock Lighthouse and Bellrock Signal Tower
    250 --- 3TREES --- Jackson Memorial Lighthouse 2
    250 --- Ciane --- Sim Abino Lighthouse
    250 --- Pegasas1993 --- Lighthouse for the Desert
    250 --- Welshminx --- Lighthouse
    250 --- Simona999 --- Realistic Lighthouse
    250 --- EmpressPamela --- Pelican Bay Lighthouse
    250 --- Mimine17 --- Bayview
    250 --- Gouka --- Hachimenreirou Toudai
    250 --- Godshelpio --- Reach Rock Pointe

Thank you everyone and a hearty congratulations for most excellent work! It's been more fun than I ever imagined. :D
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2011
    Ok here we go! :mrgreen:

Name of lot: Phare de l'île aux Moutons - Lighthouse Sheep Island, location : archipel des Glénan
    Value was when uploaded: $95 579
    Any special features you'd like to emphasize: authenticity, build in the rock
    Link to download : http://fr.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4042196

This tour begins in the land of lighthouses, on the island Archipelago Glénan, a very wild country with sea ​​breezes.
    Only sheep can live in salt marshes, and the lighthouse keeper of course!
    This lighthouse is located on a rock, in southern Finistère (Brittany) My favorite "country" in France.
    This lighthouse was built in 1878, is 17 meters tall.

In game, this lighthouse was built on very steep rock.
    All floors are accesible by external stairs and 2 old doors:
    a door at the base front and one back to access to the cellar.
    Bright rooms and furnished. A lounge with an old fireplace and windows overlooking the sea.
    2 bedrooms: a bedroom with a double bed in the tower and a child's bedroom in the adjoining house.
    2 bathrooms: one with bath and the other with a shower and toilets. Kitchen, workshop, library with a desk, an easel and a sofa. In the basement: a mysterious cellar with French wines! A terrace with a cannon ball shot to the sea to keep the lighthouse, away from pirate ships. :wink:

6364b30d.jpg

a393d6c1.jpg

a1956419.jpg

Entrance of the mysterious cave with French wines! :mrgreen:
    49dae324.jpg

Kitchen
    be366ad2.jpg

c7aea81e.jpg

Lounge with fireplace
    7cbff137.jpg

Child bedroom and bathroom
    cfcc2b7d.jpg

1st floor of the tower : Workshop. Bonus: some fish in fish bowls.
    8d9cf01d.jpg

2nd Floor : Double Bedroom
    a0d7c476.jpg

3rd Floor : Library and Astronomy Workshop
    0abb336f.jpg

Light details, 3 powerful lamps!
    5d257141.jpg
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited May 2011
    Name of lot: Stonehedge Lighthouse
    Rough cost to build or what the value was when uploaded: $82,991
    Any special features you'd like to emphasize: Basement entrance, no exterior stairs.
    Links for any CC used in the screenshots: NA
    Screenshots:

Two bedroom, 1 bath, open living area and laundry in house. Sculpting, drafting, computer and art easel available in the lighthouse. Exterior entrance to lighthouse basement and natural formed Kio pond. A small garden area with fish and frogs in the pond.

Front overview
    screenshot_original.jpg

Back overview
    screenshot_original.jpg

House - light and airy, decorated in seascape designs. Sorry hit my picture quota :) So no interior pics. :(
    screenshot_original.jpg

Basement Entrance
    screenshot_original.jpg

Basement
    screenshot_original.jpg

Ground level - is filled with ships treasures from days gone by.
    screenshot_original.jpg

2nd level - has a cozy seating area with a bookcase, music and old luggage.
    screenshot_original.jpg

3rd level - has the art easel, drafting table and computer.
    screenshot_original.jpg

4th level - has the beautiful view and a telescope too.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Light - I just put an outdoor light for viewing, it has 3 fog emitter balls putting off a lighthouse glow.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Garden - small but easy access to water :) Cherry and apple trees up front.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Kio pond - naturally formed pond.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited May 2011
    Ok heres the link i'll post the pics tomorrow> nighty night simmers :D
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4052694
    ok heres the pics the pics arent great lol
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    half of the other pics didnt upload right soooooo yeah
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited June 2011
    Avery Point Lighthouse
    by sashraf
    Price $86,500
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4048407
    No CC
    Avery Point was built in 1944 in Conneticut, USA. and Restored in 2003.
    The Cozy, 2 Bed, 2 bath house was added by me In 2011.
    It Features an Eat-in-Kitchen, LR W/Fireplace, Laundry Area,
    Basement W/Still. 4 Story Tower W/Office Art Studio-
    Inventors Bench-Logic Room & Telescope.
    Ext. Features-Mature Garden & Natural Lake W/Great Fishing.

1AveryLighthouseCover3.png
    2AverylighthouseNight.png
    3AveryLighthouseTower.png
    4AveryTower1.png
    5AveryTower2-3.png
    6AveryTower4.png
    7AveryLighthousekitchen.png
    8Avery2Bedrooms.png
    9AveryBathroom.png
    10AveryLighthouserear.png
    Avery11.png
    Avery12.png
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2011
    Here's the pictures of Simabino on slideshow:
    http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ciane/light house/?albumview=slideshow

The slideshow shows 14 pictures, but the last two are just small pictures for the forum (one of the no cc version and a duplicate pic of the cc version). I deleted all the other pictures after rereading the rule about the picture limit.

I finally got the lot to upload and show in my studio. I deleted the fountain and changed the wall paper on the frieze just to do something different to it. (It had indicated that it had uploaded whenever I checked my launcher, but it never appeared in my studio.)
    Here's the link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4058767

The original Port Abino:
    PointAbinoONSO-1.jpg

Simabino with cc windows and columns:
    Screenshot-1.jpg

And a picture of the no cc version, which has shuttered windows replacing the two-tile cc ones and no elfin columns:
    Screenshot-138.jpg

The light house is around 95k.

Link to elfin columns at D&M Creations:
    http://dymcreations-demonic.blogspot.com/2010/12/elven-set-part-i-build-mode.html?zx=737b3b5965295f17

Link to 2-tile EA windows at MTS by whiteWaterWood:
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=438322

I'm still waiting for the lot to show up in my studio, but it shows uploaded in my launcher. It's titled Simabino after Port Abino.
    edited May 2011
    Hi Everyone :D If you downloaded Avery Point you need to move the bedroom door 2 spaces to the right :!: So your poor Sims can go to bed. My MIstake :cry:
  • pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi, Reach,

Sorry to hear about broken thread. Aarrrgh... But still... I'm entering here once again, dear, so... Thank you for hosting, sweetie :mrgreen:

Lighthouse for the Desert

Expanded Lighthouse for the Desert

1. Pictures of the front and the back of the house:

[img]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6548/76435397.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7921/64530097.jpg "width=600"[/img]

2. Picture of the layout:

[img]http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5825/51702172.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5434/screenshot258t.jpg "width=600"[/img]

3. Additional pictures:

[img]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5719/60487798.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8536/screenshot260.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/97/70152734.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9938/13427756.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6277/76791789.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1233/56699692.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8875/56751307.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9190/10177734.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3405/11810070.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Have a good day today ^.^ * huggies * for you :mrgreen:
    edited May 2011
    Name of lot: Rondout Creek Lighthouse
    Rough cost to build or what the value was when uploaded: $97,214
    Any special features you'd like to emphasize: Historic lighthouse

The Rondout Creek Lighthouse, built in 1915, is at the mouth of Rondout Creek at Kingston, NY. Well into the 1940s there was no electricy at the lighthouse. With the installation of electricity the need for a permanent lightkeeper at the lighthouse ended. The last keeper and his family left, the lighthouse was boarded up and the remaining furnishings were removed as automated systems took over operation.

Front
    screenshot_original.jpg

Back
    screenshot_original.jpg

Overview
    screenshot_original.jpg

Main floor
    screenshot_original.jpg

2nd level
    screenshot_original.jpg

3rd level
    screenshot_original.jpg

Basement
    screenshot_original.jpg

Garden
    screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen
    screenshot_original.jpg

Live
    screenshot_original.jpg

Computer nook
    screenshot_original.jpg

Master
    screenshot_original.jpg

Had to get it uploaded cause Lance is going to be a Daddy and I didn't want to remodel the second bedroom! LOL

Edit: Couldn't stand it, I spelled the name wrong so I had to re-upload it. :roll:
  • WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited May 2011
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4052123

heres my entry of a lighthouse!
    i will update with pics!! :mrgreen:

Screenshot-17-3.jpg

Screenshot-16-3.jpg

Screenshot-14-4.jpg

Screenshot-13-2.jpg

Screenshot-12-3.jpg

Screenshot-18-4.jpg

Screenshot-19-4.jpg

Screenshot-20-7.jpg

Screenshot-21-5.jpg
    edited May 2011
    … excited by the new images!!! :D rec! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    edited May 2011
    I am very excited, too! Everyone of them is beautiful! Welsh, Sashraf and Romagi - you ladies have outdone yourselves on these gorgeous lots.

I will be back to post a bit later. I just updated the entries and I sure hope we get a couple more posts on this page before another entry gets posted. This page is getting very long!

How are you, Yoda? I couldn't sleep so I am up early. Good morning to you!

3Trees - your lot looks great and I look forward to seeing some pictures later. :D
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2011
    I have a hard time desiding what lighthouse I want in my town....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited May 2011
    romagi1 wrote:
    Had to get it uploaded cause Lance is going to be a Daddy and I didn't want to remodel the second bedroom! LOL
    :shock: Who is the lucky mother? Is it your beautiful avatar? I missed seeing him in the pictures and I really looked for him. 8)

Sashraf, don't worry about that door. Everyone who downloads the lot will be able to fix it. I'm sure we've all done that. I did the same thing not too long ago. :D

Romagi's original Rondout Creek Lighthouse
    rondoutcreeklighthouse-1.jpg
  • kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited May 2011
    Name of lot: bellrock lighthouse
    link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4025978
    price: 113,993

In 1807 the scottish engineer robert stevenson constructed a lighthouse in the north sea 12 miles from the coast of angus, it had taken 3 years to build this 35m lighthouse then on 1 feb 1811 the lamp was lit.
    The lighthouse operated in tandem with a shore station, the Bell Rock Signal Tower, built in 1813 at the mouth of the angus harbour.

Screenshot-37-2.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-41-2.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-42-2.jpg"width=600"
    top views
    Screenshot-52-1.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-51-1.jpg"width=600"
    pond with fish
    Screenshot-32-1.jpg"width=600"
    harvestable plant area
    Screenshot-54-4.jpg"width=600"
    livingroom
    Screenshot-40.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-43-1.jpg"width=600"
    bedrooms
    Screenshot-53-3.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-38-2.jpg"width=600"
    kitchen/diner
    Screenshot-39-3.jpg"width=600"

• kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited May 2011
    my oversized signal tower lol :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    link : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4037634
    price : 159,765

info : on the sea front, stands an elegant complex of regency buildings. Now the Burgh’s museum, the buildings were built in 1813. Until 1955 these buildings formed the shore station and family living quarters for the light keepers on the Bell Rock Lighthouse which lies 11.5 miles out from the harbour on a dangerous semi-sunken reef.Both lighthouse and shore station were built by Robert Stevenson, founder of the famous dynasty of lighthouse engineers.the signal tower has now become a museum and has displays of our fishing heritage and of its great Industries of textiles and engineering. sorry copied some of that from our bellrock site he he :D.
    screenshots:
    adding this one again
    signaltower.jpg
    Screenshot-73-1.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-72.jpg"width=600"
    top views
    Screenshot-67.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-68-2.jpg"width=600"
    livingroom
    Screenshot-62-1.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-61.jpg"width=600"
    kitchen
    Screenshot-70-1.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-71-1.jpg"width=600"
    dining room
    Screenshot-59-2.jpg"width=600"
    master bedroom
    Screenshot-64-2.jpg"width=600"
    bedroom 2
    Screenshot-63-2.jpg"width=600"

3rd bedroom is a nursery the home also has 4 bathrooms and a basement :D:D:D

edited May 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    I am very excited, too! Everyone of them is beautiful! Welsh, Sashraf and Romagi - you ladies have outdone yourselves on these gorgeous lots.

I will be back to post a bit later. I just updated the entries and I sure hope we get a couple more posts on this page before another entry gets posted. This page is getting very long!

How are you, Yoda? I couldn't sleep so I am up early. Good morning to you!

3Trees - your lot looks great and I look forward to seeing some pictures later. :D

Hi reach! Good morning! very well, Thanks, I'm exhausted by the weekend concert!
    Just come back home for lunch! 12:20 here!! :mrgreen: Wish you a lovely day! :D
    edited May 2011
    Hi kezza! Happy to see your lighthouses here now! :mrgreen::lol: Hope you had a great weekend! :D
    edited May 2011
    Do we have them all over here now? It's kinda nice cause now there are closer together.

Haha, yep, Lance and my new Avi, he decided he needed help on the second lighthouse and well you know...they had a date at the theater. I had him upgrading the kitchen sink in the first pic and then I realized I didn't have a trash can, he didn't make it in the second pic.

I am so going to have my pick for every town! :mrgreen:

Have to say it again! AWESOME job all! The lighthouses are fantastic!

Edit: I had to put the stairs on the outside since the game wouldn't give me enough levels, the top level is 1 1/2 walls tall and the fireman pole wouldn't reach. I was going to have it surrounded by water but when I couldn't do the foundation the bridge was all wrong, so it got docked. LOL Dang, I forgot the flag pole! :roll:
  • LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2011
    I am thankful that there is a few weeks before this is due as my game would appear to be very broken at the min. I have my tower all built and decorated and I tested it with a sim and it all works fine. So I did the landscaping built the house, the downstairs is fully done and I have two rooms all done upstairs. I had placed a bookcase upstairs and wanted to check that it was usable so I sent my sim to it but she could not get up the stairs, she gets someway up floats through them to the floor and starts climbing them again only for the same thing to happen again. So I sent her to the tower and the same thing again with her not being able to use stairs.

I had this problem a few weeks back and another simmer kindly told me how to fix it - a cause of this can be using moveobjects on on a sim and the fix was to delete the lot and place it again. It didn't work this time though, so I spent a while basically ripping down parts of the lot and leveling all different areas of the terrain, replacing all the stairs and using different sims and still no luck with the stairs.

Then I had a thought - some weeks back I had a problem with having no npc's in an entire town, to start with I had thought that too was just the new building I was making but later found it to be all of the town. So I tried several homes and sims in my town and all had problems with the stairs. I then changed towns and no luck there either. I shut down my pc down and once it restarted I started a shiney brand new game save with a newly created sim, but guess what.....? My sims still can not use stairs. LOL.

So unless I find a fix for this I am going to have to take the entire game off my system and reinstall it all again. :roll:

Ps, sorry about the rant but I wanted to share the last few hours I have had. :P :lol:
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2011
    You probably tryed this...but

Resetsim?
    Save go to edit town, move house, save, back in game?
    Moving in game?
    Did you restart the whole computer?

just some things that sometimes work for me...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited May 2011
    WOW All the Lighthouses so far are Beautiful :-o

Reach :P Good Luck – But we’re all winners to have access to such great lots, when you look at them you can just feel the energy, time & luv it took to create them, they all look so good together.

Yoda :-) Sheep Island is très magnifique, Luv your description you write with flare :!:

Romangi :D I didn’t think you could top yourself when you built Stonehedge but I think you did with Rondout Creek. From the picture I couldn’t imagine it on a 40x30 lot it just looked like it needed a 30x40 but you solved that problem brilliantly with the stairs. I should have posted a picture of the original Avery Point, I was researching lighthouses & I couldn’t believe it when I saw it either. My son helped me get the pictures in to the forum with a photobucket acct. luckly he copied the post to my desktop, so all I had to was copy and paste, to the new forum. I could paint you a computer, but couldn’t tell you how to use it, but I will Learn.

Everybody - Keep up the good work :mrgreen:
    Edit I did learn :!:

Avery Point Lighthouse (Original)
    409163818_3a04579266_o.jpg
  • LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    You probably tryed this...but

Resetsim?
    Save go to edit town, move house, save, back in game?
    Moving in game?
    Did you restart the whole computer?

just some things that sometimes work for me...

Hi anettesb, thank you for the suggestions. I did try all of those things earlier but none worked. It is just the strangest thing not having a single house ea made or otherwise in any save new or old where they can use the stairs. I also have made sure constrainfloorelevation, moveobjects etc is all turned off. Only thing I can think to do tomorrow is take out my saves and all my store stuff and see if that does anything. Not to hopeful though as I tested with new town earlier with no luck and the only cc I have is 2 patterns from the exchange that I have had for over a year. No mods either.