Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IE issues

I haven't been able to get into the forums for over a week. I finally used the chat tech support feature and was told to try a different browser. I used the browser in my phone and got into the forums. I tried a search for "IE" and got a 404 error. The tech person said they suspected there might be a problem as it's being reported a lot.

Any clue what's going on?

Comments

• lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Are you talking about an issue with Internet Explorer or the site itself?
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm using Minefield (Firefox 64 bit) and if I close the browser while still logged in I get an error message screen when I try to enter the forums. I discovered if I deleted the sims 3 cookie I could enter the forums but if I log out THEN try to enter the forums the web site works. So if you logout when you leave the forums should work you just have to login to post.

hth

For those that are interested I'm using Firefox 4.0b12pre and it supports 32 bit plugins. I noticed some minor issues but over all it's stable.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • babydoll241203babydoll241203 Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2011
    I am having a smiliar issue with IE if I try to log into forums whilst already logged in. I get the 'oops error'. If I use Firefox however, it works fine.

I have noticed as well that I cannot download things from the store if I use Internet Explorer but will work if I use Firefox.

:shock: :?: