Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MY VERY VERY FIRST CONTEST

Comments

• anchy1991anchy1991 Posts: 688
    edited April 2011
    Thank you for entry Mom2Elias.... I have that problem saomethimes as well......
  • Mom2EliasMom2Elias Posts: 2,021
    edited April 2011
    Anchy, I contacted EA help for this and they were not able to help me. I don't understand what happened. You said that this happens to you? How did you fix it? In the Launcher, it show my sim uploaded successfully, but its not on the Exchange/My Studio. ???
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias: You can create one male Sim for each Zelda/Claire, and one female for each Cycl0n3/Connor (I added one more male)..... So, you can enter one male and one female mate....

So, if I'm understanding this correctly - one can enter 4 sims - 1 mate for each of the 4 listed (2 males - 2 females - but only 1 per mate per entry so creator can enter 4 different entries). Is this correct? Sorry so long but I'm just trying to make sure I understand the rules completely. Thanks! Seems like a cool contest.

Have a gr8 day. Kitty
  • pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias wrote:
    Anchy, I contacted EA help for this and they were not able to help me. I don't understand what happened. You said that this happens to you? How did you fix it? In the Launcher, it show my sim uploaded successfully, but its not on the Exchange/My Studio. ???

It always happens for me too. Just try, try and try... but before trying you should:

1. Log out from your account.
    2. Close web browser.
    3. Turn on EADM.
    4. Turn on LAUNCHER.
    5. Log in there.
    6. Close LAUNCHER
    7. Turn on it once again
    8. Try to upload your creation.
    9. Log out from your account.
    10. Check if it worked. If not, then try to restart your computer and to do the same once again OR try upload it next day.
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias: You can create one male Sim for each Zelda/Claire, and one female for each Cycl0n3/Connor (I added one more male)..... So, you can enter one male and one female mate....

So, if I'm understanding this correctly - one can enter 4 sims - 1 mate for each of the 4 listed (2 males - 2 females - but only 1 per mate per entry so creator can enter 4 different entries). Is this correct? Sorry so long but I'm just trying to make sure I understand the rules completely. Thanks! Seems like a cool contest.

Have a gr8 day. Kitty

Hi Kitty, I'm actually not the one running the contest, but from what I asked Anchy, it sounds like you can only have two entries: One Male for Zelda OR Claire and One Female for Cycl0n3 OR Connor.

I had thought of a great storyline for a matchup between Claire and a female sim because she has some big grudge against her ex boyfriend, Jared Frio, so I figured she'd turn away from men completely, but Anchy wants traditional relationships so I changed my second entry to a male for Zelda Mae. Check out my story above! = )
    edited April 2011
    TEXASKITTYKAT: You can enter only 2 Sims, one male for Zelda or Claire, and one female for Connor or Cycl0n3.... So, only 2 entries per creator.......
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias wrote:

It always happens for me too. Just try, try and try... but before trying you should:

1. Log out from your account.
    2. Close web browser.
    3. Turn on EADM.
    4. Turn on LAUNCHER.
    5. Log in there.
    6. Close LAUNCHER
    7. Turn on it once again
    8. Try to upload your creation.
    9. Log out from your account.
    10. Check if it worked. If not, then try to restart your computer and to do the same once again OR try upload it next day.

Thanks so much, Pegasus! I was able to fix it. I had to close everything and reboot my computer, but it worked. I was worried because I loved this Sim matchup and the storyline so much. Please read it and let me know what you think. See the above entry: Andrew Fisher. = )
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias wrote:
    Thanks so much, Pegasus! I was able to fix it. I had to close everything and reboot my computer, but it worked. I was worried because I loved this Sim matchup and the storyline so much. Please read it and let me know what you think. See the above entry: Andrew Fisher. = )

I am so glad it worked ^.^

Oh no! It seems that you are my competitor and your entry is a bit better than my. I should not reveal you this secret! :roll: Just kidding :mrgreen: I love your entry, especially, your story... I LOVE Barnacle Bay and stuff from it so your creation even without story is perfect :mrgreen: Recommended it for you! :mrgreen: Good luck, dear :)
    edited April 2011
    :shock: I wasn't paying attention...ugh. :oops: Sorry. I really like your Zelda match actually. For mine to really work as a competitor against yours, I needed to go a different route and I had to have a story. Zelda wouldn't choose Andrew otherwise. LOL.

It was funny bc I posted my female match for Cycl0n3 Sw0rd after your male for Zelda and I laughed bc we both did a purple theme. I just had fun with Zelda. I wanted to make same sex match up for Claire first, but I couldn't so if I wanted to do a second one I had to do Zelda. After envisioning my original matchup for Claire, I could no longer see her matched up to a man. LOL.
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias wrote:
    :shock: I wasn't paying attention...ugh. :oops: Sorry. I really like your Zelda match actually. For mine to really work as a competitor against yours, I needed to go a different route and I had to have a story. Zelda wouldn't choose Andrew otherwise. LOL.

It was funny bc I posted my female match for Cycl0n3 Sw0rd after your male for Zelda and I laughed bc we both did a purple theme. I just had fun with Zelda. I wanted to make same sex match up for Claire first, but I couldn't so if I wanted to do a second one I had to do Zelda. After envisioning my original matchup for Claire, I could no longer see her matched up to a man. LOL.

Why not? I believe that there will be love triangle :mrgreen:

It is so funny :mrgreen: Both of them are similar to each other :mrgreen:

Actually, Claire loves girls in my game too :mrgreen:
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias wrote:

Why not? I believe that there will be love triangle :mrgreen:

It is so funny :mrgreen: Both of them are similar to each other :mrgreen:

Actually, Claire loves girls in my game too :mrgreen:

Ooooooh! That would be a good love triangle! Zelda Mae pines after the elusive rock star as Andrew longs to hold Zelda in his arms... :lol:

Yeah, they really are...maybe Charlie and DiXie should be matched up. LOL. That would be amusing.

I've never played a premade sim or messed with any existing storyline before. In fact, I never paid too much attention to them, unless it was to find someone to marry into my Sims household. This contest has made me want to though. I might end up doing more stories; I really had fun creating the storyline for Zelda and Andrew.

It's funny that you thought the same thing about Claire. She does tend to lean toward masculine traits, not that women can't like fishing and all that. LOL.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2011
    Can we use our own patterns?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • whisperingtruthwhisperingtruth Posts: 2,540 New Member
    edited April 2011
    If I have time I will try and participate. :) Cute contest idea.
  • WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited April 2011
    will start on mine tomorrow as its very late here in the uk it gone midnight! :mrgreen:
    hugs!!
    edited April 2011
    anettesb: Yes, you can....
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2011
    Some really great entries here! Need to find time for all the contest!!! :roll:
    edited May 2011
    Entry form:
    1. Creator's name: welshminx
    2. Sim's name: carrie drake
    3. Sim whose mate this is: conner frio
    4. Traits: Bookworm, Clumsy, Loner, Shy, Hopeless Romantic
    5. Screenshots (head portrait, and at least two different pics):
    6. Link to your Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4051312

Screenshot-13.jpg

Screenshot-2-4.jpg

Screenshot-3-5.jpg

Screenshot-6-3.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2011
    will try re uploading again tomorrow but im having trouble with the site!! :mrgreen:
    edited April 2011
    Since I was on my sis' wedding last night, I will probably sleep a few days, no really, I'm as tired as all-day shift at work. So, I changed deadline for contest, it is now NEXT SATURDAY!!!
  • Svengo42Svengo42 Posts: 503 Member
    edited April 2011
    Bump since contest ends next saturday! :D
    edited May 2011
    Guys, my computer is having some graphical problems, and it goes on servis this week.

So, I will not be able to check on contest..... but you keep entering, I will check on this contest first thing in morning..... and if visit any of my friend with comp, I will check contest...

Thank you for understanding, Anchy.....
  • BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to hear of you computer problems sweetie, I will try to make an entry if I get time, please forgive me though if I can't though. :D
  • Mikey5rMikey5r Posts: 113 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Creator's name: Mikey5r
    Sim's name: Kate Parson
    Sim whose mate this is: CyclOn3 SwOrd
    Traits: Party Animal, Computer Whiz, Perceptive, Athletic, Genius
    Link to your Sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4051174
    Anything else: Kate is a genius, she loves any puzzle and chess is no problem. Computers are her friend and hacking is a nightly endeavor.
    Screenshots (head portrait, and at least two different pics):
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/660/575/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/658/575/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/657/575/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/661/575/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg

edited May 2011
    ive updated my entry!!!
    hugs!! :mrgreen: