Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new to the sims game, need help

Hi, I am new to the sims and not sure what I am to do. I understand make up a sims and get a home. Now what? Do I let them go on their own and just watch? You can only make two sims to play with? I just do not get the game. Please advise what I am missing, Thanks.

Comments

• UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Follow the ingame lessons which are available from the options screen, they should explain everything.

Good luck and enjoy! :D

• Bubbs1366Bubbs1366 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What do you want your Sim to do? That is up to you, you control their destiny. :twisted:
  • ItsakuItsaku Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No I really always take control of my Sims and give them commands. I usually start out by getting them some skills such as cooking, you read books to do this. Cooking seems to be very important in this game since I burnt a lot more food then I ever did in the Sims 2. Anyway, then I usually find a job for them in the newspaper based on what the Sim wants.

The rest of what I do is really just trying to get promotions at their job, making relationships, redesigning the house, having parties, and exploring features in the game. This however is the biggest part of the game, its basically a game that simulates life but not too seriously. So it gives you the tools to design your own little world and as far as I know you can make at least up to 8 Sims in one family.

In the Sims 3 however when you choose to edit your neighborhood and eventually add a new family, as you play this new family your old family will also continue on with their lives.