Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harry Potter sims!

Personally i think there should be a harry potter version of the sims that would be similar to medieval or sims stories.
I think it should be seperate from the sims 3, and have it so it's a completely magical world and you create your child who will be going off into Hogwarts.
It would then have tasks to do such as,
- go to diagon alley and collect all their school stuff such as robes, wand, books, potion kits.
- go to platform nine and 3/4 and find a compartment.
- make friends with other witches and wizards.
- be sorted according to there characteristics.
- go to lessons
- do homework
- go to the feast

and other stuff like this. There doesn't exactly have to be quests or anything important for them to do like in the harry potter books, but because i'm a huge fan of harry potter i would love to experience all this.
Eventually they would go on to their second year and carry on moving on while getting the choices such as choosing what lessons they would want to take (divination, ancient runes, arithmacy etc), if they would want to join quidditch, or go to hogsmeade. Maybe even annoy snape and filch abit?

Then eventually when they're finished school, they can go on to a job in the ministry in any of the departments such as department of mystery or the misuse of muggle artefacts, any which tickles their fancy.

I think they should also be allowed to have a family and such once they come out of school if they wish, and they could have as many children as they want but you can choose whether to focus on the child or the grown up and their job, for example if you choose the child you would go through hogwarts again, however if you choose the adult you will go through their lives as a grown witch with a job, while perhaps getting letters from Hogwarts from their child(ren)

I know it will probably never happen, because of rights, ownership and stuff. But i think it's a really good idea that alot of people would love.

Comments

• madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited April 2011
    I <3 Harry Potter. Great idea.
  • SimeanerBeanerSimeanerBeaner Posts: 193
    edited April 2011
    I dont think rights and stuff would be an issue, I mean obviously they would need to get permission, but it would be a great opportunity for both parties to make a lot of money. and besides they made ikea and H&M stuff packs for sims 2, why not take this a step further? That would just be soo awesome. I love Harry Potter and so do SO many other people in the world. It would very likely bring in non simmers who love HP inter the game too. getting them more customers if they really ended up liking the game they might try out the sims 3.
  • SimeanerBeanerSimeanerBeaner Posts: 193
    edited April 2011
    Also I think it would be neat to include quests, because so many people love those type of games (but also have a regular game play option). and you could search for horcruxes and such :)
  • HoldynSnydyrHoldynSnydyr Posts: 187
    edited April 2011
    This seems like it should be a MMORPG, which i've always wanted for harry potter, they ahve them for star wars and star trek... so i think us potter fans deserve one.
  • Darkdestiny20222Darkdestiny20222 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited April 2011
    This seems like it should be a MMORPG, which i've always wanted for harry potter, they ahve them for star wars and star trek... so i think us potter fans deserve one.

Wizard 101.
  • HoldynSnydyrHoldynSnydyr Posts: 187
    edited April 2011

Wizard 101.

Wizard 101 isn't Harry Potter.
  • sashunya10sashunya10 Posts: 5,429 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I think that would be beyond cool- but I think that it should be post- Deathly Hollows- so (THIS IS A SPOILER- DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE LAST HARRY POTTER BOOK) there would be no Snape. But Filch would be fun!
  • PopomamoPopomamo Posts: 711 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Not a bad idea :thumbup:
    edited April 2011

Wizard 101.

Wizard 101 isn't Harry Potter.

What's the difference?

You get to play a kid wizard.

You go to school.

You cast spells at other people.

You fight an old wizard that has no real business in being evil.

That's pretty much books 1-6 right there.
    edited April 2011
    sashunya10 wrote:
    I think that would be beyond cool- but I think that it should be post- Deathly Hollows- so (THIS IS A SPOILER- DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE LAST HARRY POTTER BOOK) there would be no Snape. But Filch would be fun!

Hon it's been a year and a half already. Everyone who isn't living under a rock knows.

Hell I bet those who DO live under a rock know he's dead already!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2011
    It's certainly fun to think about and I like that it would be a separate game from The Sims.

It would be cool if the default world started off with the original characters who will tend to follow their destinies, but had generational game play. You could choose whoever you wanted to start off the game or create an original character to play through Hogwarts.

You could have generations of sims going through Hogwarts.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Russle56Russle56 Posts: 12
    edited April 2011
    Terrific idea love it :D
  • Writer954Writer954 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love Harry Potter Sims even though the sims company with have to pay to put it together after all, they would have to pay J.K.Rowing, Warner Brothers and the Harry Potter MOD theme Tech Geeks to put it together. (The reason why they will have to pay J.K.Rowling is because she plays the Sims enough to know that the Sims company needs her permission of payment ).
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey! It's awesome you want to share what you'd like in the game, however considering this thread has been inactive for a very very long time I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top