Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sudden Price Jump?

Have any of you had this happen before?

I was working on a house that I specifically wanted to be a starter house (so it had to be under $16,500). A trick I do sometimes to get the house price as low as possible is to have a sim live in it for a few days, so that everything depreciates in value, and then package it up and send to the exchange or fan site as a download. I've done this several times without so much as a hitch.

This time, though, I got it to $15,389, and saved it to my library. Then I realized that I had forgotten to give it a title and description, so I went to edit the lot stats, but accidentally hit the "edit lot" button instead, so it took me onto the lot to edit it using build and buy mode. I just happened to glance up at the box with the stats in the top left screen, and was shocked to find that my "starter" was now worth $18,689! Somehow the price had gone up over $3,000 and I hadn't done a thing to it. I tried going from build to buy mode, loading a different lot and then going back, going to a different saved game and then coming back, even quitting and reloading the game. Every single time, it would be $15,389 to begin with, but the second I did anything it jumped to $18,689. I even tried placing the copy I had saved to the library to a blank lot, and it was the same high price.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Any idea how to get it to go down to its (true) price? Is it some kind of bug or something?

Comments