Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics card!

Comments

• simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited April 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    Considering I got that card when buying my pc,I'm extremely happy.I don't need to buy one now
    My graphics look like this:
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-khoZJ1mHqhE/TYaob7qwJXI/AAAAAAAAABQ/J4hRk6BGDTc/s1600/Screenshot-3.jpg"width=600"[/img]

would have been extremely happy too with those graphics :shock:

:hunf: An ATi 4870x2 being bested by an integrated Nvidia 6150? You must be doing something wrong. :XD:
  • bottar1bottar1 Posts: 19
    edited April 2011
    NVIDIA GeForce 315M

1GB i Think, its really nice, with this new laptop i got that has 2.53 Dual Core and 6gb RAM.
  • FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

?? :hunf:

Thanks, Nytwng9199!
  • scenegothgirlscenegothgirl Posts: 6,985 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Pshhhh don't hate on my graphics card
    tumblr_lihazsADe71qadhwp.gif
  • Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    edited April 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    the most demanding graphic wise , is sims, the other ones i play have silly graphics an onboard card could handle flawlessly.But we are talking about sims here and ea is a huge supporter of Nvidia making their games more compatible with nvidia drivers. Remember blocky shadows with ATIs with base game? Or paper thin walls after LN release?

I think nvidea cards have sharper graphics because mine look kinda blurry. However i haven't seen newer ATIs screenies.

These are my graphics atm
    diner.jpg

I was just asking since I always thought all the Sims games looked cartoonish to me (BTW is the reason I like them and Spore.). I think alot depends on your monitor as well. Almost all my stuff looks sharp. I play with the settings until I get the clearest picture. Thanks for your reply.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2011
    simjett wrote:
    geminiagre wrote:
    Considering I got that card when buying my pc,I'm extremely happy.I don't need to buy one now
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-khoZJ1mHqhE/TYaob7qwJXI/AAAAAAAAABQ/J4hRk6BGDTc/s1600/Screenshot-3.jpg"width=600"[/img]

:hunf: An ATi 4870x2 being bested by an integrated Nvidia 6150? You must be doing something wrong. :XD:

I have all my settings on high... Maybe i need to mess with CCC more ... but to tell you the thruth i have no idea what to mess with...:S
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited April 2011
    I had the ATI HD 5770, had too many problems with shadows in my game. Found lots of threads here and on other forums on what I can do to remedy the blocky shadows, but it never hold.

Broke down and went back to Nvidia, GeForce GTX 460, now I am all types of happy with my game display. Now I must learn how to overclock it, don't quite understand how to do it.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited April 2011
    I got the 5770 which is just like your card. I love it. Beats Nvida any day.

My husband has the same card you do. :) [/quote]

Bet he's happy with it. Best card out for the money you'll spend on it.
    edited April 2011
    Jaden1673 wrote:
    geminiagre wrote:
    the most demanding graphic wise , is sims, the other ones i play have silly graphics an onboard card could handle flawlessly.But we are talking about sims here and ea is a huge supporter of Nvidia making their games more compatible with nvidia drivers. Remember blocky shadows with ATIs with base game? Or paper thin walls after LN release?

I think nvidea cards have sharper graphics because mine look kinda blurry. However i haven't seen newer ATIs screenies.

These are my graphics atm
    diner.jpg

I was just asking since I always thought all the Sims games looked cartoonish to me (BTW is the reason I like them and Spore.). I think alot depends on your monitor as well. Almost all my stuff looks sharp. I play with the settings until I get the clearest picture. Thanks for your reply.

if it had to do with the monitor , pics from other people would still look blurry to me. However I notice a big diff between my pics and other people pics on the same monitor
  • jtmanjtman Posts: 918
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

Thanks, Nytwng9199!

Hey!! I think that's what I have!! What computer do you have?
    edited April 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    I have all my settings on high... Maybe i need to mess with CCC more ... but to tell you the thruth i have no idea what to mess with...:S

LOL Yeah messing with CCC is a chore but when you hit on the right combo your set. I just mess with it until I'm happy.
    edited April 2011
    jtman wrote:
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

Thanks, Nytwng9199!

Dell Inspiron :mrgreen: I don't know if that graphics card is any good, I would really like to find someone to change out my card for me, but I don't know anyone who does it.
    edited April 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    simjett wrote:
    geminiagre wrote:

Impossible to diagnose if anything from posted pics, but try messing with the anistropic filtering to sharpen the distant views. Anti aliasing will smooth any blockiness up close. Or try for best quality with general settings.
    edited April 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    I had the ATI HD 5770, had too many problems with shadows in my game. Found lots of threads here and on other forums on what I can do to remedy the blocky shadows, but it never hold.

Broke down and went back to Nvidia, GeForce GTX 460, now I am all types of happy with my game display. Now I must learn how to overclock it, don't quite understand how to do it.

I feel lucky then. I haven't had any problems (Well other than Windows 7 corrupting some files when doing a graphics card update.). Nvidia has been the cards I had the most trouble with. Mostly not hooking up well with my other games.
  • jtmanjtman Posts: 918
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    jtman wrote:
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

Thanks, Nytwng9199!

Dell Inspiron :mrgreen: I don't know if that graphics card is any good, I would really like to find someone to change out my card for me, but I don't know anyone who does it.

Mine can't really be changed because it's an on-board chip so I'm stuck with it!
    I used to have a Dell Inspiron a while back, an older model, but now I have a Toshiba Satellite, not the fanciest but the price is right!
  • Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

Thanks, Nytwng9199!

You're welcome!
    edited April 2011
    simjett wrote:
    Impossible to diagnose if anything from posted pics, but try messing with the anistropic filtering to sharpen the distant views. Anti aliasing will smooth any blockiness up close. Or try for best quality with general settings.

Hmmm... well in my eys there is blurriness and a lot of it, and as you said it gets worse at distand views. Also as you said again there is blockiness up close , especially on clothing edges where clothes meet the skin. Sim detail is maxed in game so i guess i'll play with antostrophic filtering and antialiasing and see what results i get. Thank you very much for that info
    edited April 2011
    jtman wrote:
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    jtman wrote:
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

Thanks, Nytwng9199!

Mine can't really be changed because it's an on-board chip so I'm stuck with it!
    I used to have a Dell Inspiron a while back, an older model, but now I have a Toshiba Satellite, not the fanciest but the price is right!

Oh, well then I probably would not be able to change mine, either. Boo. :( I just picked this one up for the store, my fiance was buying me one for my birthday, and I figured this one would work. I try not to play the sims too much on it, I don't want to kill it, and I keep the graphics as low as I can without it looking terrible. I only turn the graphics up if I am doing a modeling comp, or something else where I want my pictures to look really good. :-)
  • Azzie73Azzie73 Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2011
    At the risk of sounding really stupid, could someone explain to this really tech-ignorant simmer why I have two graphic cards listed when I look them up? Also are they considered "good"? I'm just curious, even though I have had no problems with my graphics while playing so far.

Thanks in advance! :D

NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M 1GB graphics with Optimus

Intel(R)HD Graphics (Core i5)
    edited April 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    At the risk of sounding really stupid, could someone explain to this really tech-ignorant simmer why I have two graphic cards listed when I look them up? Also are they considered "good"? I'm just curious, even though I have had no problems with my graphics while playing so far.

Thanks in advance! :D

NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M 1GB graphics with Optimus

Intel(R)HD Graphics (Core i5)

Probably because along with a graphics card, your Motherboard comes with an intergrated graphics chipset. But still this is a guess. The Nvidia one looks as it's a good one , but don't take my word for it since i'm not familiar with Nvidia cards
    edited April 2011
    simjett wrote:

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    I maxed all settings in CCC, except AAA which i have disabled due to incompatibility with Sims (renders the trees wrong) and I noticed huge difference! pics still look a bit blurry but way better than before, and i think photobucket is also kiling the quality, but ingame the graphics are sweet, if you exclude the blocky ATI shadows (EAs fault not ATIs)
    Screenshot-2-1.jpg
    Screenshot-3-1.jpg
    Screenshot-4-1.jpg
    and it looks way better in game
    edited April 2011
    :-o Glad it worked for you. The pictures do look good.

As to the previous posters question. Intel (graphics integrated into the newer CPU's) / Nvidia (and Ati) dual graphics are somewhat new, so as to offer balance between power and battery use for laptops.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/optimus_technology.html

Next link is a visual aid
    http://www.nvidia.com/content/optimus_technology/optimus_technology_popup.html

Forum post for ATi pixelated shadows fix
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300915.page
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2011
    Mine is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS.

For Sims, I always like check to see if graphics cards are supported Min spec for the game listed on this site (which I think are outdated). But I also like to check the chart listed on MTS, which I think is better because they have it color coded. If your card has the green font listed or background all the way across on the chart, you should be good to go. :wink:

Items marked in green are those which are also recommended by MTS for playing The Sims 3.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2011
    I use Nvidia GT 450 1 GB on my main computer and a ATI 4670 1 GB(I think, it is not on) in my secondary computer and a ATI 4250 in my laptop. I have Nvidia 240 1 GB, Nvidia 8500 GT 1 GB(2 of them), Nvidia 7600GS 512. I love both Radeon(ATI has been put to rest)and Nvidia. Both have excellent cards if you can overlook the myths of each company.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Just a simple ATI Radeon HD 4670 :)

But the Graphics are awesome for this little card.

94912049.jpg

68096495.jpg

179fa7c2.jpg