Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Popullating a world question

Hi. I've just created my first world and I want to add my families to it. I've read a tutorial about how to add sims to the world and I just do not understand it.

I would like to create a pool of invisible sims so that the world takes them when needed for special careers: babysitter, repoman, adoption service, etc.

Need help please. Is there someone who knows how to do it?
Thank you.

Comments

• MaglcalMaglcal Posts: 100
    edited April 2011
    Free bump for ya :mrgreen:
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited April 2011
    If you google "Modthesims Tutorials: Populating CAW worlds" you should find a tutorial to do exactly what you want to do.
    It`s not easy though, so best of luck.

• mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi,

Thanks. This was exactly the tutorial I read and the same I do not understand. It says:

Once the family you want to be homeless is installed in a household click on one of the walls and select MasterController's Evict command. If you want to clear the lot you can go to Edit in Game and bulldoze it. The homeless Sims will disappear, but they will still be in the world file.

Does this means that everytime you evict a sim from a lot and then change active household (so the sim "disappears") this sim is still in the world somehow and becomes a homeless?
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited April 2011
    mcorral, I`m not much use when it comes to pre-populating worlds. I think you have to be using a mod for this method to work (though don`t quote me on that), and I don`t use mods (except for Overwatch).

I do know the method using the tutorial is quite difficult or at least awkward, so it`s all a bit above my head I`m afraid.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2011
    The best one to ask is the one who created the method to pre-populate the worlds - look for Kiwi Tea on modthesims or Tea and Blues here on this site - as they are the same simmer and the creator ofthat system. He's very nice and will usually answer your questions as soon as he sees them - as he is also pretty busy in real life.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited April 2011
    Thank all of you. :mrgreen: