Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yet another sim stolen and claimed as their own.. kinda.

13...Next

Comments

• FtzPlayerFtzPlayer Posts: 426
    edited August 2010
    I reported.

It's kind of pathetic that people do that...
  • FtzPlayerFtzPlayer Posts: 426
    edited August 2010
    I did not report.

Sorry, but I think it's just a conicidince.

Coincidence? Did you not look at the images of both Sims? :shock:
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Reported, that's horrible. It is almost the same but a few things have been changed to make it look as though they made it.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited August 2010
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    Clayworld wrote:
    Docsprock wrote:
    I can see why you may be upset. But seriously, I see very little resemblence too. Ive seen many peoples avatars look almost the same, but slightly different. Many sims Ive made look like others, and vice versa.

Ive given up on getting any more recs because I dont upload sims, houses, or worlds anymore. They just get stolen.

Okay. For the thousandth time.

IT IS NOT THE FACE THAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT.
    *ehem* now. if you'll please notice, all the same clothes, with the same patterns, and the same colours. Also the hair, lipstick, eyes, and nose. Do you see? It's all the same. The reason it isn't identical is because some of the CC didn't to through with the download..

Wow, how many more times do I have to say that?

Sorry, I just disagree. The sim is different; the clothing is available anywhere, you did not create it. The only thing that you created was the features of the sim. Everything else was made by someone else. The faces are completely different, it's not the same sim at all. Yes, she used most, but not all of the same clothing you did, but you didn't make any of that, you just put it all together. It's like people buying the same clothes at a department store, or dressing like a celebrity.

Oh. My. God. They aren't default clothes. I customized them and the patterns. There's no possible way that it was an accident.

This still doesn't constitute stealing. Sometimes when I download Sims from the exchange into my game and I like the clothes the creator already made, I just customize the facial and body characteristics due to being too lazy to go and make a whole new set of clothes. I'm just not that into creating new clothes for Sims due to being....a guy...

So it's entirely plausible that they downloaded one of your Sims, liked the clothing setup you already had and just made a new Sim (perhaps similar to yours, but still their own) around it. It's not stealing; it's merely appreciating the idea you already had.

I see what you're saying. I just don't think it's right to take that much of my work and upload it without giving me any credit..

Milo, I'm real sorry you're feeling hurt. But just to be fair, there are millions of sims on the internet available to download. Not only on this site, but all the fan sites too. I have to admit that I jump from site to site, downloading patterns (that's my big love) objects and the occasional sim. I don't keep track of where these things come from and really, I don't have time or the inclination to be bothered doing so. However, believe me when I say, I don't upload the patterns, cc hair, clothes or any other cc thing that I use in the game with the intent of claiming I made any of it, I upload it b/c firstly, I think what I put togethter is pretty and would like to share it, but mostly I lose my game often and need to have a place off my computer to be able to keep the sims and objects I really like so I can put them back in the game when I re-install it.
    Just this week I upgraded my Windows 7 to the premium edition. Supposedly my work, programs etc., would stay intact. But guess what, my entire computer was whipped clean. My game and all the stuff I had put in it was gone. I was real happy I could just go to my sim page and get some of my stuff and put it back in the game.

When you see someone take your sim or anything else you upload, and put it back out there, consider it a compliment. They obviously thought it was beautiful to begin with, otherwise they wouldn't have downloaded it in the first place. If you don't get credit for the world to see, does it really matter? You know in your heart that you made it. It was an original idea of your own. If you want people to know that you came up with it first, go to the Creative Cornor part of this forum, post your new sim or object so everyone will know you did it first. Later, if and when you see someone used your sim again, just link a post back to the original Creative Cornor post if you feel you need to point out you made it first. but really, don't let it bother you. You can't control what others do with the work you upload, but you can control how you feel about it. (old shrink saying)
    Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

By the way, your sim is real pretty.

cyn

Edited for typo
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited September 2010
    k. I'm sorry as I know this thread kinda died, but I feel so cheated! I made an item called "cute circles. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2725102
    and today I get on and there is a featured item that looks ALOT like it. :evil: The only difference is the colors.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2010
    You know I just don't get it. It's fun making your own sims and your own clothes. Why would someone do this? What's the point?
    Recognition , Seriously? :roll:
    I hope it doesn't put you off.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2010
    Well, it is obvious that she downloaded your sim. She probably downloaded a ton of sims. Playing devil's advocate here, she opens up CAS and it randomly pulls up a sim, as it does. Sometimes an EA sim pops up, sometimes a custom one from the bin. So a custom sim pops up and she sets to work on it, changes a few things here and there. Obviously she doesn't change a lot especially in regards to the clothing choices. He hair becomes lighter, eyes blue, skin darker and gets some slight changes to her face - the eyes look different to me, the mouth plainly is. She then decides to share this and put it on the exchange. Looking at your sim, there's no identifying information in the bio to state the creator. Maybe she's forgotten where she got it, maybe she hasn't, either way I'm just trying to see this from another POV. I haven't ever had this happen to me so I can't sit here and say I know how you feel. I also can't sit here and say I wouldn't be upset. But at what point does 'your creation' cease to be yours? How many tweaks and changes must take place before plagiarism isn't called out?
    I am sorry you are upset about this, she is a beautiful sim. It's no surprise she's been downloaded so many times! Almost 700 times in one week, awesome! :)
  • Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    edited September 2010
    I reported it too. I would hate if someone claimed my work as their own. They didn't even bother to change the clothes or the hairstyle, lol.
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    guess the person that did that was too lazy to change anything lol
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited September 2010
    Your sim is beautiful! Like someone else said, if I had to pick between the two, I'd pick yours.
    I kind of know how you feel because I just got a house stolen that I built. They didn't change a darn thing, not even the description or colors. I started a thread about it too, because I just want people to know this is going on.
    And I gave you a rec! :)
    giphy.gif

• Smplcty0921Smplcty0921 Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry I don't understand where this "stolen" feeling is coming from. Maybe it needs to happen to me before I get it? But there's nothing on this site that says you can't re-do, re-invent, re-color anything that's allowed to be worked on like that. If EA would put the creator's name in the new file somewhere that might help? But really, a few minutes after I've downloaded a pattern or object, I have no idea who created it anymore. I've given my thanks or rec and moved on!

I recolored a trampoline recently that EA created. I didn't change the basic trampline at all. I just wanted a red one and there wasn't one. So, I colored one and shared it on the Exchange in case anyone else wanted a red trampoline. Is that stealing? If I created the mesh for the trampoline, then I could see where I might get a little upset if someone else claimed they'd created that mesh. A lot of work goes into that type of creating. But really, recolors, tweaking eyes & noses, sticking another pattern over an already created dress, this isn't stealing and shouldn't be taken that way. It's not like we are paid for our creations here. This is supposed to be fun! :P

• PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure I get this thread. If "some of the facial features are different," then how is this your Sim? So many Sims look alike. :?: By this logic, innocent people will be accused of stealing other people's Sims when they didn't.
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited September 2010
    If you don't want someone "stealing" it don't upload it then?
    It's really that simple. People WILL take it and THEY WILL edit it. Frankly I only see the clothes as the same. Sims will tend to look alike anyways. So they took your clothes? They maybe just wanted the clothes to put on a sim. With different facial features and stuff, only you clothes were "stolen". Really now, it's not your Sim if the "stolen" sim isn't a clone of it. So if we take a dress or object created by Ea, change some thing, and uplaod it here di we steal EA's work? No. They tweaked the Sim, it's not a clone, same logic applies.
  • Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited September 2010
    *sigh* I deleted my sim now, i'm done risking my sim to be copied. Credit though to all the sim clothes makers. But seriously, it's just sad people are so low to copy others sims and don't give credit.
  • bradrigobradrigo Posts: 1,495 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I reported,
    But i dont think it is plagiarized. its only the first outfit, and ive done that plenty of times by accident. but they may have done it on purpose.
    Justice for you! <3<3
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited September 2010
    If you'll notice this is quite old.. it's not an issue anymore. :roll:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry I don't understand where this "stolen" feeling is coming from. Maybe it needs to happen to me before I get it? But there's nothing on this site that says you can't re-do, re-invent, re-color anything that's allowed to be worked on like that. If EA would put the creator's name in the new file somewhere that might help? But really, a few minutes after I've downloaded a pattern or object, I have no idea who created it anymore. I've given my thanks or rec and moved on!

I recolored a trampoline recently that EA created. I didn't change the basic trampline at all. I just wanted a red one and there wasn't one. So, I colored one and shared it on the Exchange in case anyone else wanted a red trampoline. Is that stealing? If I created the mesh for the trampoline, then I could see where I might get a little upset if someone else claimed they'd created that mesh. A lot of work goes into that type of creating. But really, recolors, tweaking eyes & noses, sticking another pattern over an already created dress, this isn't stealing and shouldn't be taken that way. It's not like we are paid for our creations here. This is supposed to be fun! :P

I agree
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited September 2010
    It's a bad copy... LOL
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited March 2011
    She's beautiful! Great job, miloandotis! When you have such beautiful content, of course people are going to copy it and say it's their own. It sucks, but unless and until EA makes a way to report stolen or copied content, there's not much you can do about it.

I want to say, though, that I downloaded her and although she came with the hair, outfit, etc, there was no scarf. Can you tell me where you got it?
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited March 2011
    It is similar, but she changed it up a bit. still, I hope hers gets taken down.

By the way, I saw somebody had put bad CC into one of their creations and the creation has 6,000 downloads.

Sucks for them.
  • jkmartinez2jkmartinez2 Posts: 2,858 Member
    edited March 2011
    When you upload anything anyone can do anything they want with it. EA owns it and you no longer own it. If you don't like people using your Sims, even to make other Sims then I suggest you keep them for your own use or just share them with people you want to have them.

I make Sims all the time and I have seen my Sims reuploaded but I don't say anything because I made the choice to upload it. Does it annoy me? Yes. Will I stop creating Sims? No.
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited March 2011
    This forum is from september of last year =/ I guess this goes to show they don't care about plagerism
  • simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited March 2011
    lol