Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modders have already fixed a number of your problems.

GPIA7RGPIA7R Posts: 16 New Member
I've always preferred "official" fixes to non-official... but in this case, I don't consider the game playable until EA releases a patch for the various issues.

Modders, though, have already released fixes for a few problems, including the neighborhood story progression. I can finally play the game to a level of semi-normality.

EA's first patch needs to be not only soon, but absolutely mind-blowing in scale. The QA dept should also be removed, as a game should not be released like this.

So, to let those of you still waiting know... search your favorite Sims modding website (which they are making great progress on getting through this game and reintroducing custom meshes and whatnot... so you can ignore this ridiculous "pay for the other half of the game" store.)

The game is slowly making its way back into the hands of the real community.

No help from EA.

Comments

• Options
    AlwaysInPurpleAlwaysInPurple Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What in G-d's name are you talking about? I am very interested to know what you know, please send me a PM about this so we can discuss, thank you.

Simcerely,

AlwaysInPurple

GPIA7R wrote:
    I've always preferred "official" fixes to non-official... but in this case, I don't consider the game playable until EA releases a patch for the various issues.

Modders, though, have already released fixes for a few problems, including the neighborhood story progression. I can finally play the game to a level of semi-normality.

EA's first patch needs to be not only soon, but absolutely mind-blowing in scale. The QA dept should also be removed, as a game should not be released like this.

So, to let those of you still waiting know... search your favorite Sims modding website (which they are making great progress on getting through this game and reintroducing custom meshes and whatnot... so you can ignore this ridiculous "pay for the other half of the game" store.)

No help from EA.
  • Options
    Bubbs1366Bubbs1366 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is a fix out there for the problems in the game already. Not EA's walk around either. This one will fix some of the major problems people are having.

Questions? Contact me.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The point here is that the exact community that EA is shutting out and trying to hold down... is the same community fixing the game's problems before EA does.

Modders make games how they should have been, better.
    EA makes games in the most cost efficient way, and full of possibility for further nickle-and-diming of the users.

I can partially understand leaving things open for expansions to assure further revenue, but tearing the game in half and charging hundreds of dollars for the rest of the "Store" content? Really?

I'll stick with the modders that can create far higher-quality in-game items and meshes, and they don't ask for money. They'll create the items that should have been there, and they'll fix the problems that EA won't patch in a timely manner (took modders 2 days to fix the neighborhood progression bug).
  • Options
    rkade8583rkade8583 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How do I contact you, Bubbs? My email is in my profile.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sent you an email. :D:lol:
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    I want to know if there's a fix for two things I'm dealing with:

1) The Ultra Speed not working. As much as I love this game it is boring waiting for my Sims to finish sleeping.

2) The carpool keeps coming to my Sim's house even though he has a car, and I selected him on the car's ownership. Sometimes he even leaves his car parked downtown and will walk/run to places ACROSS town. His house is on the edge of town and I have totally watched him run from town to home.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    When you go to ultra speed, pull the camera back and it speeds up some. Or focus in on a blade of grass somewhere.

Is the car assigned to him? That may help. Or you can try to put it in his backpack. I've heard both of those help.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes, the car is assigned to him. I said I selected him on the car's ownership. It even shows up as "Aaron's Car" when I highlight over it. I'm sorry, but I really am tired of people asking me that when I try to clearly state it in my initial paragraph about the issue.

His car has been in his backpack when he decided to go running around town. It kind of frustrates me that I have to do any of these quick-fixes to make him use the vehicle properly.

So, I guess these two things have no mod patch for them?
  • Options
    MstymayMstymay Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2009
    Bubbs1366 wrote:
    There is a fix out there for the problems in the game already. Not EA's walk around either. This one will fix some of the major problems people are having.

Questions? Contact me.

I cannot for the life of me find a PM button anywhere!! Any idea where it is? also can you contact me with the info you gave the other guy? I'm mstymay91@aol.com
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sorry, I overlooked that when ready your first post.

No fixes for this yet...hopefully soon. My husband has the same complaint about this as you. Why have a car if they still use the other modes of transportation?
  • Options
    MeaslesMeasles Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bubbs1366 wrote:
    When you go to ultra speed, pull the camera back and it speeds up some. Or focus in on a blade of grass somewhere.

Yea, this helps because then your computer isnt having to think about your sim tossing and turning in ultra fast speed.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bubbs1366 wrote:
    Sorry, I overlooked that when ready your first post.

No fixes for this yet...hopefully soon. My husband has the same complaint about this as you. Why have a car if they still use the other modes of transportation?

No worries. I'm not mad at anyone, just frustrated with having to deal with this in the first place. The car thing is a definite annoyance. I love my Sim's squad car that he earned, but he's not cruising around town in it like he should!

I'll try the zoom in, though, for Ultra Speed. That much I don't mind. Thanks for your reply.
  • Options
    ZombraZombra Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't kept touch with the mod community, but I'm curious to see what they've come up with. A quick search only comes up with sites that are defunct - what are some of the good ones? Please PM me if you don't want to broadcast them. Thanks, Z
  • Options
    MajesticXIIMajesticXII Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GPIA7R wrote:

Slowly? It's been 3 days! It's actually happening with impressive speed. I guess this is why all the venom directed at the Store baffles me. I mean, is there really any doubt that the community's efforts will render the Store irrelevant? So why get worked up about it. Three cheers for fan-developers!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Look for MATY or ModTheSims.
  • Options
    daft667daft667 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Where is this mod that fixes the story progression? And how is it 'fixed' exactly?
  • Options
    MstymayMstymay Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2009
    having trouble finding MATY. Link please?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Please Google MATY, it is the first thing called More Awesome Than You. You can read about it there.
  • Options
    TerriDactyleTerriDactyle Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ninja'd by Bubbs!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    For reference, they refer to The Sims 3 as "THE HORROR", which seems fitting.

ModTheSims, also a great resource. The initial sayings of how hard this game seemed to "crack" scared me a bit, but it's good to see they've (modders) already begun bringing the game back around to basically "open source".

It's a real shame that EA wants nothing to do with them. Ah well, once the game got released, I considered the new developer to be the modding community... and judging by the communication here, EA no longer has a hand in it!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    EA will get a patch out, but the question is when.