Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you planning on buying The Sims Medieval????

124...Next

Comments

• Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2011
    Nope.Won't be getting it.
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited January 2011
    I will prob look at the reviews when game is released and decide then, but at the moment have no plans to pre order.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2011
    I read that you can't build your own castle, so why are EA making this game? beats me! I'm not getting it!, I'm so very close of installing sims2 again, cos I miss university and weather and apartments, medieval doesn't interests me!:)
  • leeandjoelleeandjoel Posts: 90 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yep, I'm really looking forward to Medieval. Creating a standalone game has really allow more freedom for creating a really unique atmosphere for the game. I'm really excited.
  • yumcerealkilla84yumcerealkilla84 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2011
    This game is so bad you guys. I bought it first thing when it came out. I've played a total of 4 hours and had to stop because of the steaming pile of crap Medieval is... and I am an AVID Simmer and huge fan of EA. I am so frustrated, I can't believe EA let this come out. The controls are god awful, the characters are hollow and boring, the quests are the same things over and over, and it's boring boring boring. This game is to Sims 3 what Sega is to a PS3. I had such high hopes from this game, but please save your $49.99 and wait for the new Sim 3 expansion packs to come out.
    The only redeeming thing about this game is the costumes and the visuals of it, and it's not enough to carry the game. The gameplay is awful. You will be joining me in ripping your eyeballs out cursing the day EA thought this game was good enough to release to the public.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't plan to buy Medieval and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about a game that is apparently according to some, not part of the Sims franchise on a forum dedicated to the Sims 3. Medieval has it's own forum now and it'd be nice if people posted about it there so those of us that don't want it, wouldn't have it being shoved down our throats all the time.
  • FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm torn. The graphics look beautiful, the music is great, and the general scenery is fantastic. I also enjoy the whole medieval time period, along with some of the sims humor. But, I don't know how I feel about it being quest based, that might be a deal breaker.
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't plan to buy Medieval and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about a game that is apparently according to some, not part of the Sims franchise on a forum dedicated to the Sims 3. Medieval has it's own forum now and it'd be nice if people posted about it there so those of us that don't want it, wouldn't have it being shoved down our throats all the time.
    I agree, sort of. And my only comment was even more off-topic, so I will skip it (now that I'm actually typing what I'm thinking).
    It had to do with cheats, what you could do with them.
    Quay Chang Caine, a serf, tends his farm until a mean nasty knight comes along to pillage the village. Caine (because of cheats) uses kung fu and missiles, and laser eyes to destroy the invaders, which really makes the king mad, so more invaders, more killing, etc.
    Yeah, that would make it cool.
  • FlashfighterFlashfighter Posts: 905
    edited March 2011
    No.
  • bdoug24bdoug24 Posts: 527 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hopefully picking it up later this arvo :D
  • HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited March 2011
    Not unless the price goes down, I won't pay $50.00 for an RPG that I would likely get bored of quickly. :wink:
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited March 2011
    No :)
  • FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2011
    This game is so bad you guys. I bought it first thing when it came out. I've played a total of 4 hours and had to stop because of the steaming pile of crap Medieval is... and I am an AVID Simmer and huge fan of EA. I am so frustrated, I can't believe EA let this come out. The controls are god awful, the characters are hollow and boring, the quests are the same things over and over, and it's boring boring boring. This game is to Sims 3 what Sega is to a PS3. I had such high hopes from this game, but please save your $49.99 and wait for the new Sim 3 expansion packs to come out.
    The only redeeming thing about this game is the costumes and the visuals of it, and it's not enough to carry the game. The gameplay is awful. You will be joining me in ripping your eyeballs out cursing the day EA thought this game was good enough to release to the public.

I think i better wait for the next ep...lols
  • SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Pre-ordered it months ago! It will be shipped tomorrow :mrgreen: So I'll probably be getting it on monday-wendsday.
  • Cee618Cee618 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2011
    I just got The Sims Medieval Limited Edition last night! It was a gift from my son who knows how much I've been wanting it. I haven't played it yet, but this game seems to be tailor made for me because I love The Sims and I love anything medieval in general. The Middle Ages have always been my favorite time period and I've been wanting a medieval-themed RPG game that didn't involve a bunch of complicated quests and battles. The Sims Medieval seems perfect for me and I can't wait to play it! :D
  • PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited March 2011
    I will probably buy it in Summer when I don't have any college work to do or anything aha
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2011
    I bought it yesterday and was up til like 2am playing it, lol I love it :) I don't really like medieval times and stuff like that, and wasn't even planning on buying it..but I'm glad I did 8)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited March 2011
    I won't be buying it.