Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who thinks this is wrong?

Comments

• Options
    georgiakrunkgeorgiakrunk Posts: 267
    edited March 2011
    I don't look at my views as discriminating because it's part of my religion. Some people might look at it that way but I don't. To me, there is right and there is wrong. People want to say "Oh the bible is full of contradictions and bla bla bla and it's so outdated" but I'm not one of those people. Yes there are something things in the Bible that can't be taken literally. But when it says that no man should lie with another man and no woman with another woman, that seems pretty clear to me.

So to me, it's not a matter of keeping someone from doing something just because I don't like what they're doing. To me, it's a matter between what is right and what is wrong, in God's eyes of course. No Im not going to support something that I believe God sees as wrong.

This is why I told people not to respond to my comment about me being a Christian or my views. The whole topic of gay people would not have came up period if it weren't for that person bringing it up for no reason. I was just stating what I believe but as I said, that's not the issue here. It's like when someone mentions religion or sexual preferrence, people just can't look past it and realize that not everyone believes the same things. I won't say all people because there are some of you that will just leave it alone and accept the fact that people have different views. Again, this is supposed to be able the issue of sims being able to date their family members, I think THAT is wrong.

I don't want to hear anymore talk about gay marriages. I've stated my beliefs and the reason behind them, even though this wasn't even what this topic was supposed to be about. So lets just leave it at that, and agree to disagree, unless you have something to say about sims being able to date family members. That's what the real topic is about.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    KLorelei wrote:
    However, even though there are times when I have changed my active household, switched over to a different family, then when I come back to my other family, it says the daughter is dating her mother's fiance, the guy who practically raised her since she was a baby! So it still happens whether I make it happen or not. That's just the thing, I don't want it happening in my game. I think it's gross, quite frankly.

Hrm, I'm confused. As far as I can tell from the example you've given, that's more soap opera than incest. :hunf:

I have to disagree. I don't want my sim dating someone that raised her whether he's her biological father or not. Some of you might so oh who cares they are just sims! But as you know, a lot of people look at their sims as real people. It's not just a game to some people. They get attached to their sims, they are excited when good things happen to them, they are sad when bad things happen. And when one of them starts dating a family member, it's just gross.

That'd be like someone in real life dating their mother's fiance, the guy who raised her and basically looked at her as his own biological daughter. Does it really matter if he's a biological father or not? It's still the same idea. Someone who is a father figure to a girl and then starts dating her when she is grown, still doesn't make it right in my opinion. Just because she's grown, or just because she isn't his real daughter, doesn't make a difference. I don't know about you but when I think of MY father and I dating, it feels really sick and wrong. :shock:
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited March 2011
    Yeah AmberNicole is right.

Let us leave this thread to die.
  • Options
    AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited March 2011
    I'm sorry I'm somewhat religious also, and we are taught by the bible not to pass judgment on someone. Yes they may be committing a sin in your eyes, but it's not your place to pass judgment, it's God's. Therefore, this shouldn't even be a debate. You should of ignored that person, instead of bringing it into another thread.

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm totally not helping here but really, this thread has no reason to be here. Some unnecessarily negative stereotypical remarks were made about southerners in the original thread talked about by the OP but that does not warrant starting a whole new thread to stir the pot.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm sorry I'm somewhat religious also, and we are taught by the bible not to pass judgment on someone. Yes they may be committing a sin in your eyes, but it's not your place to pass judgment, it's God's. Therefore, this shouldn't even be a debate. You should of ignored that person, instead of bringing it into another thread.

I'm no longer discussing the Bible. People will never agree and it's also against rules. I'm not even sure how religion got brought into this. I cant remember but I'm pretty sure it was not included in my original post.

@Alysha I agree which is why I say I'm no longer discussing religion OR this person's remark. The main issue here is whether or not it's ok for sims to participate in this kind of behavior. In my opinion, I don't like it.
  • Options
    EdhlaEdhla Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited March 2011
    It's got to be a glitch, because I've never had a game that allowed anyone "cousins or closer" to have romantic relations/marry. I once had a story where I WANTED cousins to marry (hey, not everyone always behaves impeccably!) and couldn't make it happen.

On the gay marriage debate- I'll simply say I support gay marriage and leave it at that. I'm not gonna get involved in WW3.
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited March 2011
    As fascinating as the topic of religion, cousin marriages, gay marriages and Southeners are.... this isn't the forum for it.

Now regarding being able to marry cousins within The Sims 3, I've never seen this happen before. It could probably be possible with a mod such as Master Controller.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    As fascinating as the topic of religion, cousin marriages, gay marriages and Southeners are.... this isn't the forum for it.

Now regarding being able to marry cousins within The Sims 3, I've never seen this happen before. It could probably be possible with a mod such as Master Controller.

I didnt say they got married, I just said they started dating. And no I dont have any mods.
  • Options
    EdhlaEdhla Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited March 2011
    You can marry family members together with Master Controller, but the romantic options aren't available (aforementioned cousins-marrying storyline failure on my part.)

I've never done it, because I just abandoned the game idea, but my guess is that you'd need a core mod to allow incest.
  • Options
    AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited March 2011
    @georgia the only reason I said anything is because I saw you discussing it, which isn't allowed on the forums. And you're right this shouldn't of been discussed. This thread shouldn't of existed.
  • Options
    klurrklurr Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2011
    That just sounds like a glitch to me, none of my sim families have ever been able to get romantically involved with each other, even when I've tried to force it with step-families, it just won't happen. I think distant sim-families, for instance, 2nd and 3rd cousins could probably become romantically involved, but it just does not happen with immediate families. Besides, if EA included this "feature", I'm pretty sure the sh** would have hit the fan by now. Can't remember what the rating of this game is off the top of my head (and I can't be bothered to get out of bed to have a look), but I'm sure if this was deliberate on EA's part, the rating would be alot higher.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    @georgia the only reason I said anything is because I saw you discussing it, which isn't allowed on the forums. And you're right this shouldn't of been discussed. This thread shouldn't of existed.

I wouldn't say the whole thread shouldn't have existed. I probably just shouldn't have mentioned that person's remark and his views on gay marriage and such. I still had a reason for creating the thread which was to see if any others felt the same as I do about the issue and also to find out if it's a glitch or if EA did it on purpose. It seems like I've got my answers. So I see no need in discussing it any further.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think it's wrong, but as others have addressed in some places this is completely acceptable and people actually embrace it. This isn't the only issue that is like this. I'd say it's a glitch in your game, I can't imagine that EA would want to ruin their image in anyway, especially like this.

Some of what is being discussed has nothing to do with sims3. This is not the place to debate over such topics. I've no idea how someone could bring sexuality into a discussion about marriage/dating between family.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited March 2011
    LuckySky wrote:
    Your not doing yourself any favors with this topic.

Exactly what I'm thinking.
    What was the point of even starting this thread? You know that certain debates and arguments will start. You know that everyone has different beliefs, or different opinions. Seems to me like you posted this purposely to start things up. :roll:
  • Options
    skrillex26skrillex26 Posts: 78
    edited March 2011
    Dumb thread, as soon as i saw religion i lost interest.

The thread's full of contradictions and ignorance.
  • Options
    DustBinFairyDustBinFairy Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2011
    I believe in a game you should be able to do everything, because it's only a game. And you can CHOOSE what you want to play it like. It's just like shooting and killing games. If we all got influenced by them we would all be shooting eachother right now. Just because someone makes someone date their cousin in a game it doesn't mean they will go and date them in real life.

As for getting irritated over some silly simmers comment publicising him in another post is not going to change his opinions of you. Jus sayin.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2011
    I am not going to read all the posts here, as I'm sure most of these replies go into topics best left alone...

To the OP, it sounds that this is an issue with Story Progression rather than any moral corruption. Your gameplay situation has truly highlighted the flaws in EA's Story Progression because when you switch active families, previously played families can have these glitches arise. They can also sell irreplaceable items from their inventories, change jobs, gain or lose weight, have a baby, die, etc. The Sims 3 has always been geared toward playing only one family in a neighborhood, although the EA marketing team did their very best to convince customers that all play styles were possible.

Your options are to either try out a third party mod to fix Story Progression, or stick to one family per neighborhood so that you do not have sims doing strange, buggy things while you're playing another household.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited March 2011
    fear.gif Peeks in......runs out screaming.....

Tis only a game!

Tis only a game!!

:mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2011
    Ok i am seriously confused here as my game has NEVER allowed close family members to have romantic relationships with each other .
    I also use overwatch and story progression from twallens and it is still not allowed .
    By law very distant relations in ALMOST every country in the world are allowed to have relationships and marry and EA have abided by those laws and especially by the laws prevailant in America .

As for people ******** about same sex relationships in the game they are totally legal so why should people not be allowed to have those ingame and play exactly as they want . Some on here say they are christians and it should be banned BUT the christian church allows same sex marraiges to take part in their churches so why not in a game .

Simple solution to everyone is play your game how you want it and allow others to play theirs exactly as they want
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2011
    I had someone on my previous thread say something along the lines of this: "Cousins marrying cousins is legal in most states! You'd have to go to the most ignorant part of the world, like Texas, to find somewhere that won't allow it! There should be no restrictions when it comes to who wants to marry who! Whether it's a gay couple, or whether it's someone's cousin, aunt, uncle or whatever. That's none of my business or anyone else's and it certainly shouldn't be up to the government to decide!"

:shock:
    Um...actually I think most of the planet think it's wrong to marry your cousins/aunt/uncle. Actually, just thinking about it makes me nauseous..
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is it a coincidence that no one else has been able to have this happen in there game...?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I had someone on my previous thread say something along the lines of this: "Cousins marrying cousins is legal in most states! You'd have to go to the most ignorant part of the world, like Texas, to find somewhere that won't allow it! There should be no restrictions when it comes to who wants to marry who! Whether it's a gay couple, or whether it's someone's cousin, aunt, uncle or whatever. That's none of my business or anyone else's and it certainly shouldn't be up to the government to decide!"

Um...actually I think most of the planet think it's wrong to marry your cousins/aunt/uncle. Actually, just thinking about it makes me nauseous..

Right, same here, but you shouldn't believe that because of some book people told you to believe in.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2011
    skrillex26 wrote:

Right, same here, but you shouldn't believe that because of some book people told you to believe in.

Book? What book?
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    skrillex26 wrote:

Book? What book?

Oh sorry, i wasn't directing that at you (: I was meaning the book part to the OP. As they said they don't believe in that stuff because the bible said you shouldn't. I'm not going to get started on the bible as this is the sims 3 website and that's not relevant.