Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

...Late Night...

When i'm playing the town that came with Late Night i get real bad lag in the sense that the game skips 2-3 seconds constant. I did lower my settings as low as they could go and it is still the same. No other towns i play have this problem. I think it may be because the Late Night town has a lot more going on :?:
i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/

Comments

• lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, same here. Just go to another town and add your own clubs.

I only like Eugi's, The Grind, Waylon's, and the Sprotsbar so I added them to Barnacle Bay where I'm playing now on the highest settings with no lag whatsoever =)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited March 2011
    lesley418 wrote:
    Yeah, same here. Just go to another town and add your own clubs.

I only like Eugi's, The Grind, Waylon's, and the Sprotsbar so I added them to Barnacle Bay where I'm playing now on the highest settings with no lag whatsoever =)
    That's an idea. Thanks
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2011
    If you're not opposed to using Mods, Twallans Overwatch helped considerately with the lag I was dealing with in Bridgeport.
  • Azzie73Azzie73 Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2011
    I have a weird question about Late Night.

If I add it to my game, but never open Bridgeport and stay in the town I play now, will I still have to worry about being over-run by vampires and celebs? And will the glitches that seem to happen in Bridgeport begin to happen in my game (which is pretty much glitch free now)?

I would like to get LN for the items, and interactions, but really don't want to have to start using mods just to get those.
  • Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited March 2011
    That's actually because Brideport is a lot bigger than the other towns-- I think about twice as big, so your computer needs to process more information. Mine plays it fine, but I understand how it can get annoying.
  • Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited March 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    I have a weird question about Late Night.

If I add it to my game, but never open Bridgeport and stay in the town I play now, will I still have to worry about being over-run by vampires and celebs?

Well, the mechanics will be applied so celebrities and vampires WILL appear in your town, but honestly "overrun" is a bit of an exaggeration here. From my experience the most vampires I've ever come across in any game is about 5 or 6. Celebrities aren't a bother either, because they behave just like normal Sims... the problem is when your own Sims become celebs and you don't care about being one, because it will trigger a bunch of opportunities to raise your celeb status. Which, obviously, can be pretty annoying because they can trigger A LOT if you don't have any other possible opportunities.[/quote]
    And will the glitches that seem to happen in Bridgeport begin to happen in my game (which is pretty much glitch free now)?

I don't know about any Bridgeport-specific glitches, at least from my own experience playing the game. Bridgeport IS laggier for a lot of people, but its also twice the size of Sunset Valley.
    I would like to get LN for the items, and interactions, but really don't want to have to start using mods just to get those.

Honestly, the genuine content runs a lot better so I'd recommend it too.
  • Azzie73Azzie73 Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2011
    Ricky_Bo Thanks for the info!

I have all the stuff packs and eps (except obviously LN) and really have no issues, so I have been on the fence about LN since that seems to be the one everyone has the most problems with.

I think I need to educate myself about the mods I see everyone talking about. :wink:
  • CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Maera wrote:
    If you're not opposed to using Mods, Twallans Overwatch helped considerately with the lag I was dealing with in Bridgeport.

This. Bridgeport is fantastic and completely playable with this mod, and 'Mastercontroller' and 'Story Progression' give you more options and keep the town alive (The population gets depleted after a while).

I don't know any other way.