Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate to do it but...

It's funny because in Ideas & Feedback they say "We are only as good as our players." and yet it seems to me that some of the issues we talk about with the game just go ignored.

Even though I absolutely HATE the thought of losing the game data I worked so hard on... I just can't take these glitches anymore. I'm sick of my game being virtually unplayable because EA won't fix the glitches that plague my, and probably a lot of other Simmers, game.

So now, I'm uninstalling my Sims 3 game and going back to Sims 2. I'll try again when I see that they've actually put some effort into making a patch that doesn't make things worse. :/

Edit: Too some of those who have said something to this, It's not like I'm happy to be leaving Sims 3. I love the game SO much more than Sims 2 but with whats going on in my game, it's no longer fun. It just gives me headaches.

No, I'm not an attention seeker. I hate those sort of people... I have to deal with them a lot on deviantART where you get flooded with journals about people leaving the website or wanting to kill themselves because of something stupid.

On dA, when we don't like something, it takes a lot of people to finally get it fixed, so that's why I'm posting this thread. I've seen others do the same thing and I decided to do it myself in hopes of finally getting the point across. If worse comes to worse, I may just end up demanding a refund for my games.

And to those who showed me some support, thank you. I really appreciate it. When it comes to any forum site, you can get ripped to shreds by the people who post on them regularly.

Comments

• BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited March 2011
    Uh ok..........
  • xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited March 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    Uh ok..........

I second this.
  • SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited March 2011
    :roll:
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't really understand why people have to post saying they're going back to play TS2.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2011
    Well good luck with that
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Rud3Rud3 Posts: 1,020
    edited March 2011
    see ya!
  • aprilmariex3aprilmariex3 Posts: 58 New Member
    edited March 2011
    It's funny because in Ideas & Feedback they say "We are only as good as our players." and yet it seems to me that some of the issues we talk about with the game just go ignored.

I agree with you, they tend to listen to our ideas but not about our problems. hopefully this new EP will bring a good patch so people can play their games. Have fun with TS2 in the meanwhile. :wink:
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited March 2011
    k, bye!

*waves*
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited March 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    I don't really understand why people have to post saying they're going back to play TS2.

People say it because they are tired of spending money on a product that has the promise of enjoyment but often falls short, due to all the glitches and bugs.

I'm not an EA basher and, to date, have enjoyed all of the Sims from 1 to 3 but, I did have higher expectations for TS3. Before OLS, I had to save my game every 5 mins or I would lose progress. It becomes annoying, especially since I own a really good HD gamer laptop and PC, which I update regularly and have both TS2 and TS3 (all EPs and SPs) installed on both.

People are irritated that EA turns a deaf ear and blind eye to problems that are clearly universal. When I get tired of losing progress or my game crashes too much, I load up TS2 and let the fun begin.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2011
    @ErnesaT: That's ok, but you don't make a thread saying you're going to go back to Sims 2.
    Do people think that EA are gonna read it and go "Oh no! We need to fix the game cos people are uninstalling it" ? No, they've got your money so they don't seem to care what you do afterwards.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • xkookypandaxxkookypandax Posts: 2,527 New Member
    edited March 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:

Me neither...If they don't care about the game so much that they leave it, why care about our opinions?
  • NiteLife4439NiteLife4439 Posts: 450
    edited March 2011
    Hate to see you go but do what you have to do. All I can say (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feel's this way) but your gonna miss TS3 with the open world and all that. I tried out TS2 before and I hated all the loading screens.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited March 2011
    @ErnesaT: That's ok, but you don't make a thread saying you're going to go back to Sims 2.
    Do people think that EA are gonna read it and go "Oh no! We need to fix the game cos people are uninstalling it" ? No, they've got your money so they don't seem to care what you do afterwards.
    ^THIS!
    I mean the forum is floating with these threads, if EA would od something they would have done it... :(
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited March 2011
    It's for the best.

No point of being frustrated when you can have fun elsewhere.
    Glitches are starting to pop up in my game as well and I had to give up on one game save. If it happens again with the latest family I will probably do the same, but I will play other games.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • sneakysimsneakysim Posts: 207
    edited March 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:

It's called flouncing. The most dramatic and attention-seeking way of leaving a forum. Just picture them doing a hair-flip as they huff, turn sharply on their heels, and strut out the door.
  • Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think you are right in posting how you feel even if its ignored by EA cause they really dont care what loyal fans they lose and are still losing because if they did they wouldve fixed things by now.

I also uninstalled sims 3 and have gone back to sims 2 and am loving it all over again. Im def not sorry i went back to it. im sorry i wasted too much money on sims 3 games and the store so am selling my sims 3 series to my mom for my nieces upcoming birthday.

I think we have every right to be heard as well as annoyed by now. i dont have much extra to spend and when i spend it on sims i expect to get my moneys worth. i play to relax and escape issues in my life and when the game is more stressful to play than real life then its time to move on.
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited March 2011
    sneakysim wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:

It's called flouncing. The most dramatic and attention-seeking way of leaving a forum. Just picture them doing a hair-flip as they huff, turn sharply on their heels, and strut out the door.

This mental image makes the OP's post so much more entertaining. :lol:
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble playing the game. Sims2 is a great game so enjoy it. :mrgreen:
    Why don't you leave the sims3 installed and come back and try it later with the next patch?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2011
    :hunf:
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • AsylumSuicidalAsylumSuicidal Posts: 38
    edited March 2011
    Frn0731 wrote:
    I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble playing the game. Sims2 is a great game so enjoy it. :mrgreen:
    Why don't you leave the sims3 installed and come back and try it later with the next patch?

I would and I would like to so I could easily keep checking up on updates, but if I did that, the Sims 2 wouldn't play as well and it would just go slower. >:

Instead, I'll just keep checking back into the forums to see if anyone has come up with a helpful fix for my issue. When that happens, I'll be right back in love with Sims 3. <:
    edited March 2011
    Hate to see you go but do what you have to do. All I can say (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feel's this way) but your gonna miss TS3 with the open world and all that. I tried out TS2 before and I hated all the loading screens.

The open world was really cool and it is a feature I liked, but it's not what I'm going to be missing the most.

It was the create-a-sim feature with being able to change hairstyles to any color that I'm going to miss. And being able to custom everything almost. It's the thing I held onto for the longest before making this decision. It's what kept me from wanting to quit the Sims 3. But it's not worth it if I can't even play my Sims. It's sort of hard when they continuously keep getting stuck in a bed and resetting them just never works for me.
  • rubyandnora97rubyandnora97 Posts: 455
    edited March 2011
    sneakysim wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:

No, I really don't think it is. Sometimes people have to vent their feelings. It's hard keeping everything bottled up inside you and it gets to a point where you just have to let it out.

So what if they created a separate thread. Would you rather they posted it on your modeling thread or your story thread.

How would you feel if you were trying to say something that really mattered to you and you just kept being ignored? You'd be mad and angry and you'd probably do the same thing this person did and say enough is enough. Remember, this thread isn't just for your benefit. It's for EA's benefit as well.

You made a choice to read this and post a reply. You didn't have to even click, but you did. And you, just like the person who started this, made a choice to share your feelings. So you really have no right to accuse her of wasting your time.
  • Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited March 2011
    I agree :)

No one has to post back to threads they dont like or agree with. we all have a right to our own opinions and can voice them.

I also do not think it is flouncing either. That comment to the OP was rude and uncalled for.

When u cant even play the game without it being such a hassle then why bother. after paying money i dont think people should have to "settle" for a game partially working or not working at all. thats not fair or good business/consumer practice. they may not care if they are losing customers now but im sure in time it will matter. word of mouth spreads fast and i wouldnt recommend this series to anyone personally.

Im not saying Sims will die anytime soon cause theres still many loyal fans but in time i do believe it will take a major hit with their profit if they dont seriously improve things soon.

Like i said earlier, if a customer bought anything and it didnt work or not work correctly i would think they should be refunded or the company selling the product should care to make things right with the customer so that they keep the customer coming back. that is good business sense. not just sweeping these constant issues under the rug like they dont need to be dealt with.
    edited March 2011
    sneakysim wrote:
    CuddlyBun wrote:

Mmm, never heard that term. I'll have to look it up since I think it's a cool sounding word -weird-.

No, I'm no an attention seeker, like I added in my edit. I'm just vocal about what I think. The forum is for everyone, and it's your choice whether or not you read it.

Even though I did find it funny the way you put it, to imagine myself doing that makes me cringe a little. You portray me as being a stuck up snob who acts like I'm better than people, when in truth. I'm not anywhere close... the hair thing might work though, but the thing is my hair is hardly even chin length and it's almost completely shaven off in the back... I don't wear high heels because I think they're dumb looking... and well... the huffing. I admit to being a huffer. But only when I'm joking around. <: Also, I'm not leaving the forum. I'm just taking a break from the headache that is Sims 3 at the moment. I'm not leaving it forever. I'm going to be hanging around the forums in hopes of a solution to the things that are making my game so annoying.

Your post did make me laugh though.
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I understand people's frustrations, but I see these threads way too often. EA doesn't care, unfortunately.