Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I download previously purchased items?

I just had to uninstall and reinstall my game, which means I need to re-download all of my store content (there's A LOT). I know how to get into my Purchase History and click on the items one-by-one to download them into the launcher, but there are so many pages of items, that would take forever and be really annoying... there's got to be a way I can just get them all at once? I would think? Seems like something people would need to do often enough for there to be a more convenient way...

Thank you!

Comments

• angiepayeangiepaye Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    i'm having the same issue... i can't re-download any of my stuff from the store. it's not showing up in my game launcher. i've tried several different things, but i'm just not gettin' it. i know where to find my previously purchased items under my account, but actually downloading them is another story...
  • xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I ended up clicking "download" on each individual item on all 20 pages of my purchase history. It was annoying and took awhile, but I got all the content back into my game just fine.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, the system for re-downloading stuff is a little outdated in my opinion. It was fine for the first coupe of months after the base game released, because most people only had a handle of objects, or 1 set (that of course downloads all at once). Now, yes, people have pages and pages of content and clicking on them individually is very tedious. I know that I certainly wouldn't want to go through that headache.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
    edited June 2010
    I'll definitely be thinking twice now before purchasing anymore items from the store! I think I'm done on that. This was really a pain...

At least until it's not so annoying to get all the content back after re-installing (and with all the technical problems and bugs this game has, re-installing is definitely a common occurrence!)

How hard would it be to make a "download all" button, or even have check marks next to the items so that you can select all and download? I have seen people asking for this for quite awhile.

Oh well.... no more store for me.
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited June 2010
    xlilcip15x wrote:
    How hard would it be to make a "download all" button, or even have check marks next to the items so that you can select all and download? I have seen people asking for this for quite awhile.

100% agreed!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2010
    My purchase history was messed up. I had to download everything again, but every single item was shown FOUR times on the history page. And not four times in a row, but actually the same two or three items repeated a few times.
    edited June 2010
    Ugh, that sounds even more annoying then what I had to do. Definitely staying away from the store until something changes.
  • LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited June 2010
    I finally got my items after 4 hours of downloading and several errors. I had to use another computer to be able to do that! So I saved all the files into a USB stick and there they will stay! I am not going through all of that again ever. If for some reason I have to do the dreaded uninstall and reinstall again at least all my store items are saved on the stick and I just have to copy the items into my downloads and installedworlds folders, click install all from my launcher and be done with it. I have also decided not to go looking at the items at the store anymore so I don't have to start wanting things. The store has issues, and I for one will never darken its door again. Enough is enough. EA really does need to address all the issues with the store. Sorry you had to go through all of that. It was horrible wasn't it. A task I am not willing to do again.
  • Alexurt1Alexurt1 Posts: 3,328 New Member
    edited June 2010
    The less convenient way is through the purchase History Section on thesims3.com my account page. Of course that is all messed up sometimes showing 4-6 of the same item.

Another way to re-download everything you own wether it was gifted or bought by you is the Downloads Dashboard IN GAME....

Click the options button and select Open Downloads Dashboard. All items you own will be in there. Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

25tub1h.jpg
  • LINCE918LINCE918 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2011
    :x
    xlilcip15x wrote:

100% agreed!

I wholeheartedly agree. Why arent EA listening to us.
    If they want more money in the SWISS bank account from the sale of store goods they need to sort this out.
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2011
    Do you know you can save your download folder (copy this folder elsewhere on your computer)
    before you reinstall everything, that way no need to download everything again!
    I do this because I often install the game several times! :mrgreen:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4