Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barnacle Bay has too many Celebs! Help? =)

I'm starting a legacy in Barnacle Bay and everyone is a celebrity so my girl can't talk to anyone without them getting all snobby and I can't impress them with anything cuz she has no money, friends, or skills.

Sooooo....

Give me some nice looking sims to add to my game. I already added 38 or so sims to my town cuz I made them a long time ago and uploaded them. But I need more for when celebs start taking over again!

Comments

• SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited March 2011
    Do you use mods? You can reset all celeb levels with Master Controller.
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited March 2011
    OMG! I can!? I was looking for it all over and finally gave up! What is it under? Do I have to use nRaas in a certain screen?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2011
    I have this problem as well. I really wish EA would fix this as I don't won't to download a mod to do so myself. :roll:
    edited March 2011
    Ahh... I'm trying to remember. I cant' get into my game right now to check. I believe it's somewhere under Intermediate? I'm not positive exactly.. grrr.

I do know that once you find it you can reset the entire town at once.

Hopefully somebody else remembers exactly!
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2011
    You can also use overwatch and it will stop the game from spawning celebs and vampires so your town doesn't get over run with them.
    edited March 2011
    Oh I know what you're talking about. I'll do that today!!
    Thanks!!

maera- I have that too, good so no more celebs =)
  • nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited March 2011
    Yep, I'm sure the option is under intermediate. It says "celebrity level" and you can change it back to 0. I'm not sure if there is a quicker or easier way of doing this, but I literally went to every household in Barnacle Bay and erased every single sim's celebrity status :XD:
    edited March 2011
    I dont mind a few celebs, just not every single person!! Thanks everyone!! =D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2011
    The celeb issue is already there even after starting a new game.
    edited March 2011
    Yep, I'm sure the option is under intermediate. It says "celebrity level" and you can change it back to 0. I'm not sure if there is a quicker or easier way of doing this, but I literally went to every household in Barnacle Bay and erased every single sim's celebrity status :XD:

At the top of the list of all people in your town there is an option for "All" or something like that to set them all to zero at once.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2011
    lesley418 wrote:
    I'm starting a legacy in Barnacle Bay and everyone is a celebrity so my girl can't talk to anyone without them getting all snobby and I can't impress them with anything cuz she has no money, friends, or skills.

Sooooo....

Give me some nice looking sims to add to my game. I already added 38 or so sims to my town cuz I made them a long time ago and uploaded them. But I need more for when celebs start taking over again!

That's annoying!

I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to have skills or money to impress the celebrities enough to chat with them. You can talk about occupation and keep trying until you find the right one that will impress the sim. When you found it, do 2 other "try to impress" actions and then talk about this occupation again. If you're at a club, buy them a drink and if that hasn't completely impressed them yet, talking about that occupation once more will do the trick. It goes faster if you have the "Never Dull" perk.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2011
    At Modthesims they have a mod which makes it very difficult to become a celeb. Useful since you don't have to reset the town every few days.
  • EremittEremitt Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2011
    I bought barnacle bay, and left it rather quickly when i didnt see one single sim with out at least a star by its name...

If im going to go back and try playing that world, it will be with a mod that removes all celeb statuses.
    Or one that kill the entire town and ill repopulate it my self.
  • EdhlaEdhla Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I find it hilarious/sad that when LN was first marketed it was supposed to be SUPER UBER DIFFICULT to find/become a celebrity or vampire. And then apparently Bridgeport is crawling with them. Does anyone know if that's due to glitches, or just a poorly designed game? :)
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I have this problem as well. I really wish EA would fix this as I don't won't to download a mod to do so myself. :roll:

God , I so second that wish. In TS1 you had to pick up the phone to join an agency, and you had to work hard at staying famous! You could also quit at any time by calling the agency. It would be amazing if they bother to fix this.
  • SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2011
    Edhla wrote:
    Does anyone know if that's due to glitches, or just a poorly designed game? :)
    It's has to do with a typo from a programmer. Here are the celebrity levels:
    0: 100
    1: 1500
    2: 2000
    3: 4000
    4: 6000
    5: 10000

To get to the first level should have been 1000 and not 100. As you can see, it's extremely easy to become a celeb. Though it gets harder after that, once the Sim has that star, they quickly rise because they interact with all those many other celebs in the town.
  • AlessarAlessar Posts: 276 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Snooty wrote:
    Edhla wrote:
    Does anyone know if that's due to glitches, or just a poorly designed game? :)
    It's has to do with a typo from a programmer. Here are the celebrity levels:
    0: 100
    1: 1500
    2: 2000
    3: 4000
    4: 6000
    5: 10000

To get to the first level should have been 1000 and not 100. As you can see, it's extremely easy to become a celeb. Though it gets harder after that, once the Sim has that star, they quickly rise because they interact with all those many other celebs in the town.

Wow that's really interesting. I wonder if that's what's fixed in the mod I've heard makes celebrity harder - just adjusts that first level. It's kind of a weird progression at the low end though.

I've been resetting using Twallan's mod on a sim by sim basis. I'll have to look again to see if there's a way to zap the whole town at once. In my previous game, I evicted every single family in town and then pasted in every family from every one of my save games. It turned into Provincetown, RI.