Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you pre-order The Sims Medieval?

I'm thinking about it. It appears as though the system requirements will be similar from what I've seen on various websites. I loved Oblivion for the PS3 and the new one won't come out until November...so perhaps this will help give a mixture of Sims/Role-Play for a bit :)
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited March 2011
    I won't be pre-ordering it. It's really not my thing. I'll wait until it's released and I can hear what others have to say about it.. and then I might buy it.. when it goes on sale :lol:
  • Dana5of5Dana5of5 Posts: 269 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm not preordering either but I'm sure I'll buy it. I loved Oblivion too.
  • BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited March 2011
    Who doesn't love oblivion? (rhetorical question first to answer will get an evil stare) I wouldn't pre-order. I know it's gona be there when I go to buy it. I'm not in a hurry :P
  • FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I definitely will NOT be pre-ordering. But I will be open to hearing what other people have to say about it. If it looks like it's going to be good, I will be all over it when it goes half price at Christmas. :thumbup:
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2011
    I won't be pre ordering it but I am planning on getting it as soon as it comes out. :D
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2011
    Nope, not really my thing.
  • adrimiraadrimira Posts: 75
    edited March 2011
    I won't be pre-ordering it either but will probably end up buying when it comes out. I'm just curious to see if it has any bugs and also to see if they put more effort in this one than the sims 3.
  • rosierealearosierealea Posts: 419 Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm not at all interested in it.
  • mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I wont be preordering it nor buying it...

Maybe along down the line when the game is at a Walmart for 10 dollars because it didnt do as great as EA thought it will...then I may consider lol...sorry I just see this game failing so bad...but I could be wrong...
  • mawhiskers3mawhiskers3 Posts: 396 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I am not.
    At first it looked really neat, but after learning more, I don't think it will be fun after the first 10 minutes >.<
    I like Medieval things but I don't like the gameplay, or at least what I've seen of it.
    If it ends up being better than I'm expecting, maybe I'll get it for Christmas or something :p
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited March 2011
    I can't decide. I LOVE the medieval theme and I've been begging for a medieval Sims game on the forums for years. But that's just it--I wanted a SIMS GAME, and that doesn't seem to be what Sims Medieval is at all.

It's kind of ironic. Whenever I play a medieval RPG or strategy game, I just end up frustrated after I'm done with adventures and battles and wishing I could just play it like the Sims (getting my characters married, building them a house, and raising a family, etc.). Now they've finally made a medieval Sims game and I STILL won't be able to play it like the Sims. :roll:

The quests look like fun, but what I really want is a medieval sandbox/doll house.
  • keleyakeleya Posts: 7,303 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I won't be pre-ordering....or buying it at all.

I used to be big into RPGs, but I think that the thrill has passed on them, for me. Maybe a few years down the road, the idea will be more appealing.
  • SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited March 2011
    I will be buying it, but not pre-ordering. I won't be able to help myself if I don't at least give it a small chance.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2011
    I've already pre-ordered. I'm devoted to my Sims in The Sims 3, but I also like to try new things from time to time. Years ago I did enjoy questing kinds of games but ever since The Sims came into my life, I prefer sandbox-style for gameplay. Still, I do want to try this one out - I like that they've kept some important elements of The Sims 3 like Create-A-Style. I think it will help change the pace in the game whenever I want a time out from pursuing the quests. :D
  • adrimiraadrimira Posts: 75
    edited March 2011
    mitsuhoney wrote:
    I wont be preordering it nor buying it...

Maybe along down the line when the game is at a Walmart for 10 dollars because it didnt do as great as EA thought it will...then I may consider lol...sorry I just see this game failing so bad...but I could be wrong...

....yeah I kinda want Medieval to fail (sorry if I offend anyone) so they can focus back on the sims 3.

I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews to see if this game is worth buying.
  • Jenny2216Jenny2216 Posts: 295 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Yes. I already have preordered it. Unlike most people...I really like the idea of Medieval! And even if I didn't I would still get it because I'm getting ALL Sims games. To complete the collection! :D
  • GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited March 2011
    I did pre-order it. :mrgreen: I wasn't going to at first. The idea of it even annoyed me since it's not an expansion. But after checking out the site for it a couple of times and watching the Town Hall videos about it on YouTube I definitely wanted it. I bought the castle stuff for Sims 3 and it's a pain building castles (though not totally un-fun. just.. a pain) and there's not a lot of medieval stuff available in the Sims store. It'll be fun to have a Sims game that's completely dedicated to medieval.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone actually know if the Sims Medieval is about the same as Sims 3 system spec wise? Sims 3 runs perfectly lag free on high settings.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2011
    No

My money is going towards Battlefield 3 instead.

(I don't like Call of Duty games)
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited March 2011
    Nope. The game doesn't appeal to me, at all.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I have already pre-ordered.It's going to be such an awesome game....:D
  • silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited March 2011
    I dont pre order but I'll probably get it. I just have to keep the dollars in reserve until then (fingers crossed!). :)
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm not getting it. I can wait for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. :)
  • TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Even after watching the 3 medieval videos today, which were very informative about the game, I am still on the fence about it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KelMarCosKelMarCos Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2011
    It looks really interesting and the style looks so pretty. But I'm going to hold off a while. The Nintendo 3DS comes out 5 days after Medieval does, and I'd rather not get a game while already busy with college, play it for a couple days only for it to collect dust for several weeks. The princess throne room is pretty though, and was my only hold back on not preordering. But I might as well wait until a good sale comes along for it.

And besides, I've been really legacy focused lately in the Sims, so I think if I played Medieval right away I'll be disappointed that there is no generation family aging going on, than if i waited longer.