Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People, I say enough is enough.

124...Next

Comments

• georgiakrunkgeorgiakrunk Posts: 267
    edited February 2011
    betty_me13 wrote:
    Woah, sims can cross their legs?
    Screenshot-163.jpg
    Yes! I noticed my sim doing this lately too! Only problem is, he's a male sim. :roll: I wish my female sims would do it. It just makes my male sims seem to feminine when they do that.
  • SirCheesedipSirCheesedip Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 2011
    My game says the time is permanently at 2:59 am what do I do?! My sims are skipping school/work! :x
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    I have been l urking for a long time and have been dying to ask this question. Since everyone here seems to be in a good mood and not out to start flame wars, I figured it might be a good place to finaly ask :wink:

So, my question is: The only EP I don't have is Late Night. I am not really interested in the whole club, celeb, vampire vibe, but I would like to get the new interactions, clothes, items etc. that comes with it. I haven't gotten it at this point because of the dreaded bugs, and was wondering (see there IS a question here! :D ) if I get Late Night and simply do NOT go to Bridgeport will I still be at risk of having my town overrun by celebs, vampires, and cars?

I have a brand-new laptop more then able to play the game, have no CC or mods, and besides losing my sims once they come back from a WA trip (I just don't take them anywhere now) I have not had any other bugs.
    I'm going to say yes as I've heard of our near and dear Sunset Valley folk being vampires and there being bars there. Basically what comes with an EP goes out through the whole system.

@Cheese- that sounds like an adorable bug :I I'm sorry I have no idea how to help you out.
  • starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hmm... what happened today?
    I downloaded loads and loads of CC :D

And in my game I'm trying to get my teen in a relationship with her guy best friend and it's proving difficult!
    I had them have a sleepover, and my sim spent the whole time looking after his toddler brother because his mum couldn't be bothered to look after him -_-
    Seriously, IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

But yeah, that's it really :D
    edited February 2011
    starling68 wrote:

And in my game I'm trying to get my teen in a relationship with her guy best friend and it's proving difficult!
    I had them have a sleepover, and my sim spent the whole time looking after his toddler brother because his mum couldn't be bothered to look after him -_-

I love that! The selected target always seems to refuse the first 40 advances :lol: I've never watched after another toddler, I'm curious to see if the worker would come and take it away >.> You're such a nice simmer.
  • starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    starling68 wrote:

I love that! The selected target always seems to refuse the first 40 advances :lol: I've never watched after another toddler, I'm curious to see if the worker would come and take it away >.> You're such a nice simmer.

Aw hehe thank you :oops:
    I could never be horrible to any sims, whether they're mine or not, just because I have the worst conscience ever! lol
  • PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited February 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    I've been playing Champs le Sims today as a base world. I finally found one of the vacation world-base world conversions on the Exchange (that actually works) so I could actually play France as my neighborhood. That's pretty awesome. I love the old-world feel of playing in France instead of one of the pre-made neighborhoods.

That is the most awesome thing, ever! Would you mind sharing this wonderful info? I would like to do this too. Will France be a town choice when you start a new game? Can this be done to all the WA countries?

Thanks in advance,
    PattyCo
  • XDarkFrostXXDarkFrostX Posts: 789 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I haven't got around to playing yet.. I keep procrastinating. I will play.. meh later.

Has anybody found a solution the the clock freezing problem yet?
    edited February 2011
    I haven't got around to playing yet.. I keep procrastinating. I will play.. meh later.

Has anybody found a solution the the clock freezing problem yet?
    Apparently not :\ I haven't encountered this issue yet. Or I'm not paying attention.
  • Flashlight427Flashlight427 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    My sims like to cross their legs alot now. They didn't used to. Weird.

They're learning! Dear god. :shock:

*returns to lurking*
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:

*returns to lurking*
    Your join date. Your post count....You are a true lurker! Bravo! :shock:
  • Azzie73Azzie73 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    Azzie73 wrote:
    I have been l urking for a long time and have been dying to ask this question. Since everyone here seems to be in a good mood and not out to start flame wars, I figured it might be a good place to finaly ask :wink:

So, my question is: The only EP I don't have is Late Night. I am not really interested in the whole club, celeb, vampire vibe, but I would like to get the new interactions, clothes, items etc. that comes with it. I haven't gotten it at this point because of the dreaded bugs, and was wondering (see there IS a question here! :D ) if I get Late Night and simply do NOT go to Bridgeport will I still be at risk of having my town overrun by celebs, vampires, and cars?

I have a brand-new laptop more then able to play the game, have no CC or mods, and besides losing my sims once they come back from a WA trip (I just don't take them anywhere now) I have not had any other bugs.
    I'm going to say yes as I've heard of our near and dear Sunset Valley folk being vampires and there being bars there. Basically what comes with an EP goes out through the whole system.

@Cheese- that sounds like an adorable bug :I I'm sorry I have no idea how to help you out.

Thanks for the answer! I was afraid that would happen. I guess I have to try and figure if it would be worth getting and then possibly trying mods for the first time. lol :wink:
    edited February 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    Thanks for the answer! I was afraid that would happen. I guess I have to try and figure if it would be worth getting and then possibly trying mods for the first time. lol :wink:
    I've heard good things about the mod but bad things when it comes to a patch release and the update process .__. I myself don't use any. I mean you could always try the game and uninstall and return it if you don't like it.
  • RockersimgirlRockersimgirl Posts: 1,751 New Member
    edited February 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:

*returns to lurking*
    :lol:
    edited March 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:

*returns to lurking*
    :lol:
    But ya gotta admit that's impressive!
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2011
    Nytwng9199 wrote:
    Agreed.

Change of topic: I was wondering earlier today - is there a way to override the system so that "new" sims aren't automatically moved into the neighborhood?

I have Story Progression disabled and I deliberately have my town underpopulated for my own reasons, but the system keeps moving people in. Does anyone know if there is a way to stop this?

I wish! But, make sure you're not deleting the consignment store person, or the one who's chosen to be the top stylist. They are creating potential bandmates I think?
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

edited March 2011
    Nytwng9199 wrote:
    Agreed.

Change of topic: I was wondering earlier today - is there a way to override the system so that "new" sims aren't automatically moved into the neighborhood?

I have Story Progression disabled and I deliberately have my town underpopulated for my own reasons, but the system keeps moving people in. Does anyone know if there is a way to stop this?

I wish! But, make sure you're not deleting the consignment store person, or the one who's chosen to be the top stylist. They are creating potential bandmates I think?
    The progression does all that? I just thought it did some sort or checks and balances.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited March 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    I've been playing Champs le Sims today as a base world. I finally found one of the vacation world-base world conversions on the Exchange (that actually works) so I could actually play France as my neighborhood. That's pretty awesome. I love the old-world feel of playing in France instead of one of the pre-made neighborhoods.

i cant find!! where can I find it at? I would love it have it
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited March 2011
    I wish they would make the sims be able to sit on a chair or sofa and hold a conversation, they had that in sims 2, it was very realistic. In the Sims 3 they just keep moving they never sit still unless they are engaged in doing something or sleeping.
  • PurpleSkwidPurpleSkwid Posts: 57
    edited March 2011
    I was playing today, my family with one elder sim and his twin son and daughter, who are now young adults.

The father's lifetime wish was to reach the top of the athletic career.
    He was one promotion away, but his daughter went back in time and changed something, so when she came back, his career had suddenly changed to vice principal!

I don't think he's going to be able to live long enough to reach the top again :( Poor guy was so close
  • LestatsdottirLestatsdottir Posts: 187 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm just building a new sim called Amelia lockhart- shes going to be very overweight, with traits Ive not tried before, and Im going to play cheatless for once :lol: lets see how it goes!
    edited March 2011
    candy8 wrote:
    I wish they would make the sims be able to sit on a chair or sofa and hold a conversation, they had that in sims 2, it was very realistic. In the Sims 3 they just keep moving they never sit still unless they are engaged in doing something or sleeping.
    In a past gen his dad was on the sofa watching TV and the mom was watching some bug in a terrain. I'd been watching over their kid and saw speech bubbles above their heads, the action said idle chat. They were in the same room technically but the mom was on the other side of the staircase and him on the other side on the sofa. I thought it was cool.
  • LestatsdottirLestatsdottir Posts: 187 New Member
    edited March 2011
    My sim day has passed with me making this :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/348862.page