Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrity Trailer...

One of my Sims has acquired this via reaching the top of the Acting Career and I have come across one somewhere in the Buy Catalogue (At least, I think it was the buy catalogue) by using buydebug, but now that I need one for the aesthetics of a homeless persons lot I cannot for the life of me find it!

Can anyone remind me quickly?

Comments

• LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited February 2011
    should be under buydebug miscellaneous.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2011
    The trailer isn't in buydebug it's in your sims inventory or family inventory but you can use the eyedropper tool and duplicate the trailer. I did this. Put both in your sims inventory then have the sim go to where the homeless sim is and place one on the lot.
  • Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2011
    I've started a new game with Sim who has no stars at the moment, but in the last game I acquired it via the Acting career and also found it in the misc. buydebug catalog. Now, new game, its not showing up in buydebug.

Don't tell me I have to have a 5star celeb just so it'll be available via buydebug?!?!
  • ced1106ced1106 Posts: 139 Member
    edited February 2011
    I don't remember a message that I received anything as a 5-Star celebrity, but you're welcome to download my Celebrities families in My Studio and see what's in their inventory. However, if the trailer is a family inventory item, never mind.
    edited February 2011
    I've started a new game with Sim who has no stars at the moment, but in the last game I acquired it via the Acting career and also found it in the misc. buydebug catalog. Now, new game, its not showing up in buydebug.

Don't tell me I have to have a 5star celeb just so it'll be available via buydebug?!?!

You know you can cheat to get it don't you? Type in testingcheatsenabled true and shift click on the mailbox. Click the superstar actor career for your sim and it's immedenly in his inventory or family inventory. I do it all the time.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited February 2011
    as its a gift one it doesn't show up in buy debug untill you have one allready your sim will need to have actually got there to get this, you can cheat with the mailbox and put her at top of the caeer this will get you one, then of cause they show in buydeug then silly really.
  • Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh man, I was thinking of putting them at Level 9 and working at it to get it as I didn't think you'd automagically get it just putting them at 10! Good to know, thanks catlover.

I didn't want to have to work, as I've made what I intended to be a homeless person but now I'm thinking she can just be some kind of self-sufficient hippy type, living on the land, sleeping in a trailer. I'll just make a little shack with kitchen and bathroom amenities out the back of her trailer somewhere.

SO long as she doesn't become an instant celebrity by doing it that way?
  • Cee618Cee618 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2011
    I've never acquired the trailer, but I'll have to try that cheat to get one. Can you actually see inside the trailer, or is it like the tents in WA where your sim goes in just to sleep? (or woo hoo 8)) lol
    edited February 2011
    Cee618 wrote:
    I've never acquired the trailer, but I'll have to try that cheat to get one. Can you actually see inside the trailer, or is it like the tents in WA where your sim goes in just to sleep? (or woo hoo 8)) lol

No the trailer is a rabbithole but your sims can sleep,wohoo,throw a tantram and change clothes in it. Also if you want more trailers once you get it the eyedropper tool in build mode will duplicate as many as you want. I love that tool.
    edited February 2011
    Oh man, I was thinking of putting them at Level 9 and working at it to get it as I didn't think you'd automagically get it just putting them at 10! Good to know, thanks catlover.

I didn't want to have to work, as I've made what I intended to be a homeless person but now I'm thinking she can just be some kind of self-sufficient hippy type, living on the land, sleeping in a trailer. I'll just make a little shack with kitchen and bathroom amenities out the back of her trailer somewhere.

SO long as she doesn't become an instant celebrity by doing it that way?

I think your sims still has to aquire celeberty status but the cheat just gets them at the top of the job. You can always have them quit the job and they'll still keep the trailer.
    edited February 2011
    as its a gift one it doesn't show up in buy debug untill you have one allready your sim will need to have actually got there to get this, you can cheat with the mailbox and put her at top of the caeer this will get you one, then of cause they show in buydeug then silly really.

Yes EA should add this feature to a patch like they did with the city buildings being added in buydebug the celeb trailer and the food truck both need to be added to buydebug at anytime.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2011
    catlover - this is really useful info. Thanks. I think I see a trailler in my near future!
    edited February 2011
    Mikezumi wrote:
    catlover - this is really useful info. Thanks. I think I see a trailler in my near future!

Your welcome. I cheated to get Matthew Hamming in Bridgeport one.