Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 no real restaurants??

I realized that sims 3 has no REAL restaurants. By not real, I mean you can't actually see your sim eating inside of them, they just go in and then come out a few minutes later. So I had the idea to make my own restaurant! The only problem is, you can't have stoves on a community lot, you can only have grills. So how can I make a kitchen for my restaurant? I could make it an outside restaurant with grills and picnic tables but that wouldn't be a restaurant, that'd be more like a park. I want a kitchen with a stove so my employees can actually cook. Is there anyway to get around this? I tried making it a residential lot at first and putting a stove in there, and then changing it to community lot but as soon as I do that, it gets rid of the stove. Help!!! :evil: This is ridiculous!! Sims should have real restaurants!!

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited February 2011
    sims 3 has no REAL restaurants.

That pretty much sums it up.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • FreakZhioFreakZhio Posts: 777 Member
    edited February 2011
    Sorry but, that is how The Sims 3 works for now. =/ Let's just hope we get restaurants and bakeries on the next EP.
  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    Wow. That's stupid. Well what about cafes? I noticed they don't give you the option to put a microwave on a community lot but you can put an espresso machine. I suppose I could make a nice little place with tables, and maybe some music, where sims could just drink espressos and chit chat. Would that work?
  • NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited February 2011
    they did in nightlife so it should be added
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited February 2011
    Give it a try.

I made a small park with some grills, a pool, that grubb game and a trampoline. Sims seem to like it.

Dont forget, this is EA...lowered expectations is suggested. :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Pay a modder in pizza and im sure he will try and work out a way around it.
  • JEL52895JEL52895 Posts: 11,632 New Member
    edited February 2011
    So I had the idea to make my own restaurant!
    I did the same thing. I started making one, I had a nice exterior and interior design. I knew it wouldn't really work as a restaurant, but it would be nice. Then I went to place furniture. What you mean no stoves!? No!!! :cry:

By the way, good job Nally (it's Nally right?). No one can make a fight out of this topic. :thumbup:
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited February 2011
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB

100% we need ofb!
  • JEL52895JEL52895 Posts: 11,632 New Member
    edited February 2011
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB

100% we need ofb!
    :?:
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited February 2011
    JEL52895 wrote:
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB

100% we need ofb!

OFB, or Open for Business was one of the expansion packs for The Sims 2. It allowed you to run your own businesses, including restaurants if you also had Nightlife installed.

Btw, I also agree the whole restaurants issue is really lame.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited February 2011
    I usually eat outside. Isn't there a cheat though that can force an object to wherever you want it to go? I'm half certain that there is...
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited February 2011
    I know, it's lame. I really miss the restaurant and table interactions from TS2, especially the surprise engagements. :(
    giphy.gif

• DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    JEL52895 wrote:
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB
    OFB

100% we need ofb!

OFB, or Open for Business was one of the expansion packs for The Sims 2. It allowed you to run your own businesses, including restaurants if you also had Nightlife installed.

Btw, I also agree the whole restaurants issue is really lame.
    Oh I miss open for Business from TS2, I really loved that one and I want it back! It was so fun making toys and selling them besides many other cool things. :)
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2011
    They are doing way to much . I don't understand why we have to use Mods and such for the things that we want? It should just already come with the game.
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited February 2011
    France, Egypt and um, China have restaurants. Wait, I think that's right, France and Egypt, anyway.
    And if you are a mixologist people frequently ask you for a plate of food.
    They exist, just differently.
    In my sims-two restaurants the kitchen help wiped the glasses, but the bartenders & barristas just stood there daydreaming. Now they wipe stuff.
    You can't build a coffee bar, store and a bowling alley basement, and meet people there, but you can eat. Then stand around or play shuffleboard.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited February 2011
    I realized that sims 3 has no REAL restaurants. By not real, I mean you can't actually see your sim eating inside of them, they just go in and then come out a few minutes later. So I had the idea to make my own restaurant! The only problem is, you can't have stoves on a community lot, you can only have grills. So how can I make a kitchen for my restaurant? I could make it an outside restaurant with grills and picnic tables but that wouldn't be a restaurant, that'd be more like a park. I want a kitchen with a stove so my employees can actually cook. Is there anyway to get around this? I tried making it a residential lot at first and putting a stove in there, and then changing it to community lot but as soon as I do that, it gets rid of the stove. Help!!! :evil: This is ridiculous!! Sims should have real restaurants!!

Actually you can now have stoves,sinks etc outside with outdoor living stuff pack. It even has a mini fridge.
    edited February 2011
    chitbill wrote:
    France, Egypt and um, China have restaurants. Wait, I think that's right, France and Egypt, anyway.
    And if you are a mixologist people frequently ask you for a plate of food.
    They exist, just differently.
    In my sims-two restaurants the kitchen help wiped the glasses, but the bartenders & barristas just stood there daydreaming. Now they wipe stuff.
    You can't build a coffee bar, store and a bowling alley basement, and meet people there, but you can eat. Then stand around or play shuffleboard.

The problem I have with the club resturents is your sims can't have groups with their children so the child and the adult sit in different places. Adults can't even buy food for children. I still don't know why a group feature wasn't included for kids.

We need sims 2 resturents were sims can order food for their family or friends from a waitress that comes to the table. Also half the time when sims are on outings in the sims 3 they sit at different tables.
  • XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited February 2011
    Someone correct me if I am wrong....but can't you use the food
    register for a restaurant so that you don't need a stove? Your
    sims would order food from the food register.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited February 2011
    Maybe seeing your sim eat wasn't a more popular feature of TS2, or maybe they wanted to wait to see if the game was going to be successful before they put a bunch of things into it that would only cost more money.

Or, maybe, they just didn't feel like it.

If you make your sim eat outside at a bistro you can watch them it.

But I don't see what the big deal is; you can just watch your sim eat at home and it's boring. :roll:
    44444.gif
  • gerogiapeachgerogiapeach Posts: 247
    edited February 2011
    JEL52895 wrote:
    I did the same thing. I started making one, I had a nice exterior and interior design. I knew it wouldn't really work as a restaurant, but it would be nice. Then I went to place furniture. What you mean no stoves!? No!!! :cry:

By the way, good job Nally (it's Nally right?). No one can make a fight out of this topic. :thumbup:
    Yse it is. I know I've said this before so people are going to be like "oh yea right I don't believe you bla bla bla" but I'm not going to give people the chance to pick a fight anymore. I might add my toilet humor in threads every now and then, but I won't mention it in every topic since that's what seems to get people on my case. I'm going to do my best to just make people happy this time and avoid arguments.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited February 2011
    No, you're right.

Stoves aren't even public items. Park grills are, and so are fire pits, but most of the kitchen equipment can't be put on public community lots.

That's where the Food register comes in.
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited February 2011
    JEL52895 wrote:

Yse it is. I know I've said this before so people are going to be like "oh yea right I don't believe you bla bla bla" but I'm not going to give people the chance to pick a fight anymore. I might add my toilet humor in threads every now and then, but I won't mention it in every topic since that's what seems to get people on my case. I'm going to do my best to just make people happy this time and avoid arguments.

I love humor.
    More of it, please.
    Humorless ones chanting "we have no problems. Join us" is just spooky.
    And Women like to watch me eat. ever knew why, I'm creeped out by it, being a bit of a slob. Where were we....o yeah,
    I want to know the cheat that lets you put a stove anywhere. Maybe the very early version of the game let you, I seem to remember it did.
    edited February 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    No, you're right.

Stoves aren't even public items. Park grills are, and so are fire pits, but most of the kitchen equipment can't be put on public community lots.

If I'm not mistaken the new outdoor kitchen from outdoor living stuff pack can be placed on community lots.
  • XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited February 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    No, you're right.

If I'm not mistaken the new outdoor kitchen from outdoor living stuff pack can be placed on community lots.

If you want an indoor restaurant, can you put it indoors? :?:
    And wouldn't everyone have to cook their own food? Not really
    like a restaurant....I think the food register works better. JMO! :D
    edited February 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    No, you're right.

If you want an indoor restaurant, can you put it indoors? :?:

Yes everything in this sutff pack can also be used indoors.