Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confused about playing multiple families

On day 1 I created my first family in the Sunset Valley neighborhood. I saved with all the defaults. On day 2 I created a new family to play by selecting "New Game" from the main menu and then making the family and moving them in. I saved this game into the same file, "Sunset Valley".

Now, when I open "Sunset Valley" I only have the choice to play the most recent family and my previous family is in the bin.

Is there a certain way I should create and save my families to ensure they are all in the town at the same time?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• mjwhittmjwhitt Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, this bit is confusing!

When you do "New Game" it starts back with a base neighborhood (maybe you want to try a completely different story, etc.)

What you want to do is click the ... in your first saved game and click Edit Town. You can switch active household to edit/add/play new families within the same town.

Be careful, though. When you switch around and have story progression on, the family you're not controlling at the moment might move out, change jobs, have kids, etc.

Does that help? :)
  • KhanLokiKhanLoki Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    To play in the same game with your other playable family, you go to the option menu, then select edit town, from there you can switch the active family.

Now when you do this switch, the family you have been playing will lose all their current wishes, and promises. And the game may choose to move your inactive family out of the hood.
  • BattsknoxBattsknox Posts: 1,133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had trouble, so let me explain it in a way that would have helped me. :wink:
    If BOTH families are in the SAME SAVED hood, click on options menu and edit town, after you save when you get to map view with the return to game button on top, in the bottom LEFT menu double stack looking tab that you use to switch you active household, when you do all oppurtunities/wants will be lost in the family you leave. Choose household and pick the other family to make active.
    This is how you change active families EVERY time, which seems a little redundant, but think it is that way to spare us the loading timesof just clicking on neighbor and switching households.
  • Necess1tyNecess1ty Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Perfect! Thanks so much for the help. I was thinking "Edit Town" meant it would let me add stores, etc. like in Sims 2 when you could change the neighborhood. I just need to reprogram myself to use the "Edit Town" for adding new families.

Thanks to you all!
  • hockeymom711hockeymom711 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ahh! Thanks so much! So I guess I should limit the number of families I want to actually thrive in each neighborhood since they carry on with out me!

Sooo anyone know how I can merge or import the families I created?
  • Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am not sure because I havent tried it but like when I didnt wanna play my family anymore, I wanted to go back to like the town, so like I saved it then i went to the MAIN MENU.

Then you can make another family or something like that. try making one then merge it.