Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, You Did a Great Job!! (Positive Post for EA)

EA,

Because there are some that created negative posts about The Sims 3 I thought I would post my kudos to you all to counter that negativity.

As a developer myself I understand that it can be hard to develop a program (or a game in your case) then have everyone complain because the items/features from older versions are different or not present (most of the negative posts for items I have seen here are items that you all didn't release in the standalone Sims 2, you brought them in expansions).

I LOVE what you all did with the Sims 3. The biggest highlights for me is Story Progression (it was interesting to see that some sims moved, got married, had children which also got married and one of my neighbors even died and her ghost visited her house). This was definantly missing from the Sims 2 and I am glad it's in the Sims 3. I like that I have control over the aging of my sims. It makes it nice when I want to have my sims longer.

I like alot of the new items and I like the item store. Thank you for also making items in the store affordable. (there are other games with online stores that charge close to $5.00 for 1 item). Having your items $1.00 or less is a big plus so thanks for doing your homework on that.

The new UI is great. I love the way things just flow from one place to the next. The UX (User Experience) is also a huge improvement from Sims 2. It's very fast and easy to build, buy, move, and create things. I also love that almost everything is customizable.

I know you will probably be having some announcements for Expansions soon. I love the expansions from the Sims 2 and I know you will continue your awesome line of Expansions in the Sims 3.

You have my full support! Let There Be Sims!

(Posters: either be positive or don't post. negative feedback is not welcome here. Make your own thread instead. Thank you.)

Comments

• Options
    Perfect16Perfect16 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, EA did a great job of creating a great game that I have a great time playing. Keep up the good work EA, I can't wait for the first expansion packs to come out!
  • Options
    RenvalkaRenvalka Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree.

I made a post on the old BBS quite similar because I think EA Redwood' is receiving alot of negativity from "fans" when they've actually made something amazing here. (Which thankfully the Press can see)

Hats off to you, I'm really impressed and can't wait to see how you advance it.
  • Options
    intheclear12intheclear12 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree 100%! This is by far the best Sims game to date. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I'm blown away! I, too, love the story progression--it adds a nice twist for me, as I don't like to control every aspect of my Sims' lives. Keep up the brilliant work! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree also! While I feel sorry for people that are having technical problems, it seems like everyone is forgetting that there have been problems for some people with each release of the Sims line-up. I've had them, way back at the beginning of Sims 2, and it's hard to be calm, I wanted my game fixed NOW, as I'm sure they do. As you said, (in other words) it's a complex game to develop, making it work for everyone's computer set-ups is impossible.

Making everyone happy on the other hand, I'm beginning to wonder why anyone would try, you cannot make everyone happy. Another thread pointed out that some things (interactions and gameplay) that Sims 3 has, some people were asking they be included in Sims 2, now that they are in Sims 3, other people are complaining about them, wow.

I cannot wait to see where they go with it, it seems to me to be a very solid base game.

Thank you EA!
  • Options
    mjwhittmjwhitt Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm really enjoying playing it. I see some room for improvements, but that means it can only get better from here on out with patches and expansions.
  • Options
    jeffdmaplesjeffdmaples Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    agreed
  • Options
    RASuggittRASuggitt Posts: 212 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree 100%.
  • Options
    pusswaslivingpusswasliving Posts: 85 New Member
    edited June 2009
    .. oh im loving this game, and while i agree that every one is entitled to their opinion, i think it's important to highlight the positives as well.

you have my kudos.
  • Options
    crazyformy2girlscrazyformy2girls Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree 100%! It's great to see a positive post!
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited June 2009
    (:. Spread the loveeeeee!

EA, thank you for making this awesome game that will make my insomnia worse. <3:D
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    applepie721218applepie721218 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I couldn't agree more. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree wholeheartedly. I love this game. The graphics are gorgeous, my Sims are gorgeous, and it's fun. While its not a perfect game, of course, its pretty close for me.
  • Options
    loganr123loganr123 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2009
    i totally agree! the game is amazing!
    Great Job! :D
  • Options
    AngelwishAngelwish Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree 100%. 8)
  • Options
    rjh1213rjh1213 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! 8)

I too work in software development and appreciate the hard work that has been and will continue to be put into TS3.

Only thing that would make TS3 a better game is EA including another one of those handy dandy promotion codes in the box. I need one for two weeks off work so I can play more!

Great job EA, keep it up!
  • Options
    ZhivankarstZhivankarst Posts: 745 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, entirely. I'm yet to experience anything that after some experimentation actually turned out to be a bug - it's exciting to discover so many new features and possibilities along the way. And, on a semi-related note, in my game experience so far the sims are actually more civilized! I'm yet to have my trashcan knocked over or have my paper stolen! The seamless neighborhood is wonderful, love that there are no more loading screens when my sim decides to go out (the gym is actually in walking distance, very cool). And I think they made a very good decision as to how much we tag along in our sims day-to-day activities - I'd much rather play my sim in his recreational time, as opposed to guiding him through his workday on the micro level and shopping. Also much improved are the building relationships sequences - it feels just right, not as simple as TS2, but far from as complicated as some of the game development articles made it sound initially.

Kudos to a job very well done!

- Z